11 - 13 Nov

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

11 - 13 Nov

Postby Penguine » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:59 am

11 Nov 05 - Went into the Black Hills of South Dakota to try and take a buck deer (whitetail or mulie). I missed. I suck.. LOL.

12 Nov 05 - Went down to Hot Springs, South Dakota to try and get a deer with my West River tag. Popped a mullie buck 30 minutes after sun up. Small 5 point (3x2) with three busted tines on his rack. We figured he tried to pimp some other bucks ho's and get his butt kicked for it. Needless to say, ugly rack and all, I am having his head done in a European mount.

13 Nov 05 - Went out for some duck killing this past weekend. There were 5 of us shooting, and I must say it was a very, very, bad, extremely crappy day for the 5 of us. At first light we got in to a flock of geese (15) and knocked down 4 of em. Second flock came in (40-50 birds) and we knocked down 2 of em. Only 4 ducks came in and we got all of em. This was the first day it has been really cold so we attributed our crappy shooting to cold weather. Anyway, we left the marsh with 6 geese and 4 ducks.

Note: 1 goose and 1 duck were taken before the pic.

Penguine
hunter

Postby CMAN » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:33 am

Congrats on the harvests!!! Did you have your robos on when the geese were coming in? just curious
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:11 am

:mrgreen: You all crack me up. "We figured he tried to pimp some other bucks ho's and get his butt kicked for it."
Anyway, Congrats on the buck and the waterfowl. :thumbsup:

I wish we had more geese here
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby gunman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:53 am

very nice! I'll be out there next year going after some mullie's myself, gota love those grass lands...
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Penguine » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:05 pm

CMAN wrote:Congrats on the harvests!!! Did you have your robos on when the geese were coming in? just curious

Yes, both robo's were on and spinning when the geese were working. I suppose that we should get remotes for them, but we have yet to have geese flair off the robo's.
Penguine
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole