Duck Hunting Forum banner

decoy swap????

672 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ISHOOTDIVERS 
#1 ·
ISHOOTDIVERS and I have been thinking about a decoy swap......I know other forums have done this, but I have not gotten in too deep. Anyway, here are a couple thoughts/questions....and I need to hear what you folks think!!!!!!!!!!

1. Is there interst amongst us????

2. What is the best timeframe....maybe after the season ends plus a month (like late Feb)?

3. Has anyone participated in a decoy swap, and if so, please explain the process. I am guessing that all participants' names are thrown into a hat and alternating picks get to exchange?

I know we have some 'real' crafters out there.....but even the novices like me can participate......enthusiasm, support and camraderie are the goals!! Don't be afraid to voice your opinions, ideas, suggestions and above all else, get to the drawing boards!!!

So whadaya think!?

#3 ·
We were considering each "carver" (yeah I guess I'm a carver LOL) would make a bird or however many and then swap them out, we could do a random draw from a hat such as I draw DUKHTR he gets one of mine I get one of his etc, I personally would rather just see what others have to offer and go from there no offense to anyone.Also I think we should have some criteria, such as weighted keel wood, decking board (the choicedek or whatever it is I have seen used a lot) and a totally finished bird, I personally would be honored to gun over others dekes they made with their own 2 hands as much as I enjoying gunning over my own

Pitboss I want one of your oldsquaws hint hint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.