DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:31 am

OmegaRed wrote:meee soooo seeepppyyy.

my return flight had a crying infant in the row behind me and row in front of me. someone hates me.

killed a hog and nilgai. pics after i got through the 17gb worth of 'em

Nice job Fabio. How was the hunting?
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:46 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

my return flight had a crying infant in the row behind me and row in front of me. someone hates me.

Ungodly amount of deer. Cool seeing so many deer in velvet. I saw probably 40+ 130" deer.

Hunting was pretty tough, chasing the Nilgai pretty much ate up the entire trip. Weather was really hot, so stuff was bedding down all day. Past few weeks of rain made vegetation thicker than normal, again adding to the difficulty of spotting things. Stalking through the sandy soil and hot temps beat you up quick (especially in longsleeve shirt and pants). I can't tell you how many bottles of water I drank.

Shot a few limits of doves. To me, that was really good. But to them they said they were both "off" nights in terms of bird numbers. Saw a BIG bobcat, but of course only had shotguns at the time. Turkeys, quail coveys, coyotes, pigs, javelinas etc.

Shot my hog, missed a javelina at 150yds +. To my defense, it was a pretty rough shot. Difficult to get a good mount in the terrain that's there. Most of the shot opportunities are fleeting at best unless you are hunting a blind with a feeder.
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:51 am

Sounds like a blast. Cant wait to see the pics
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:03 am

OmegaRed wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Ungodly amount of deer. Cool seeing so many deer in velvet. I saw probably 40+ 130" deer.

Hunting was pretty tough, chasing the Nilgai pretty much ate up the entire trip. Weather was really hot, so stuff was bedding down all day. Past few weeks of rain made vegetation thicker than normal, again adding to the difficulty of spotting things. Stalking through the sandy soil and hot temps beat you up quick (especially in longsleeve shirt and pants). I can't tell you how many bottles of water I drank.

Shot a few limits of doves. To me, that was really good. But to them they said they were both "off" nights in terms of bird numbers. Saw a BIG bobcat, but of course only had shotguns at the time. Turkeys, quail coveys, coyotes, pigs, javelinas etc.

Shot my hog, missed a javelina at 150yds +. To my defense, it was a pretty rough shot. Difficult to get a good mount in the terrain that's there. Most of the shot opportunities are fleeting at best unless you are hunting a blind with a feeder.

How are you getting a Nilgai home from Texas?
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:04 am

OmegaRed wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Soooo no deer? Come on, show us the pics with the fawn.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby OmegaRed » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:46 am

beretta24 wrote:
OmegaRed wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Soooo no deer? Come on, show us the pics with the fawn.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

few fawn pics :wink:
Attachments
DSC_0229.jpg
DSC_0102.jpg
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OmegaRed » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:48 am

Botiz630 wrote:
OmegaRed wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

How are you getting a Nilgai home from Texas?

Saddle and a bridle
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:53 am

jaysweet3 wrote:Anyone ever cZook a picnic ham? Wholly cow was that about the best pork I've ever had. It's an uncured ham. Took the skin off, pierced the meat, stuffed cloves of garlic in, and put some 21 seasoning on it. Cooked at 200 for fifteen hours, so tender.

cZook??? :huh:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:55 am

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:and Bighop-you want to but some pork "fat back" or "belly fat" in addition to the bacon to mix with your sausage. not sure how much would be on your wild pig, or if it would be any good. might ask the butcher how much additional fat he recommends to make a jimmy dean clone sausage and buy that much. don't forget to mention the bacon in the mixture too.... :thumbsup:

I have over 2cups of bacon fat, I was planning on upping that in the recipe, think that's enough?

2 cups would not be enough. double it.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:41 am

Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Anyone ever cZook a picnic ham? Wholly cow was that about the best pork I've ever had. It's an uncured ham. Took the skin off, pierced the meat, stuffed cloves of garlic in, and put some 21 seasoning on it. Cooked at 200 for fifteen hours, so tender.

Typo. Cook.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:44 am

Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:and Bighop-you want to but some pork "fat back" or "belly fat" in addition to the bacon to mix with your sausage. not sure how much would be on your wild pig, or if it would be any good. might ask the butcher how much additional fat he recommends to make a jimmy dean clone sausage and buy that much. don't forget to mention the bacon in the mixture too.... :thumbsup:

I have over 2cups of bacon fat, I was planning on upping that in the recipe, think that's enough?

What's the conversion for 2 girls 1 cup? Is that 4 cups 2 girls?
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:48 am

OmegaRed wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:

Ask Woods....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:55 am

Indaswamp wrote:
OmegaRed wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:

Ask Woods....

I laughed
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:15 pm

oldy but a goody - for those that have never seen it

OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

Jay, I believe if I said, YOU CANT DO BOTH GOOD AND FAST that you'd agree 100%.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:49 pm

The fact that so many of you were willing to open this thread, is telling...
Attachments
Picture1.png
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:54 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:The fact that so many of you were willing to open this thread, is telling...

Don't judge me
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:56 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:The fact that so many of you were willing to open this thread, is telling me that I think I like guys...
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 pm

OmegaRed wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:The fact that so many of you were willing to open this thread, is telling me that I think I like guys...

We trust that the mods of this site would not allow our eyes to see what the title implies.
Looked anyway...jusin case.
aunt betty

Postby bighop » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:50 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:

Just finished making it.
3.5lbs goose/divers
4lbs wild hog (I purposely left as much fat as possible when I processed these)
1.5lbs bacon
1cup bacon fat

Sitting in the fridge, but the test patties were amazing. Seemed finer than store bought, but held together well and tasted great!
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:53 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Low and slow.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Low and slow.

Hard and inside?
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Successful Cabelas trip today.

uploadfromtaptalk1380572601390.jpg
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:27 pm

t_baker wrote:Successful Cabelas trip today.

uploadfromtaptalk1380572601390.jpg

No it wasn't. I didn't see anything for me
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:00 pm

I gotta say that you simply DO NOT walk into a pawn shop wearing camo and say, "y'all got any duck calls?".
After they say no I replied, "how bout some semiauto shotguns?".

Somehow asking for those two items will get you into hot water where the shop owner gets suspicious, ancy, and anxious for you to leave.

I think they figured out that I got ripped off and am searching their stores for my stuff. For some reason it bothers them. :biggrin:
aunt betty

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole