DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby grizz18 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:01 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
T Man wrote:My girlfriend moved in a few months ago...She recently put out potpourri. I am conflicted...I like it because my house no longer smells like 2 big stinky dogs, however I now have potpourri in my house......

Question:
Where is the nearest location that I can turn in my man card, my spine, and my testicles, or do I turn in my spine and man card and she keeps my testicles in a box in one of her drawers?

Nah. It's part of living with a woman. You've got to find a mix. You see, for example, my wife has these scentsy things everywhere and next to them you might find a knife. Or maybe even a gun. But I gave her free reign on the house as long as the garage remained mine and I kept the spare room as my hunting storage.

Westie hit the nail on the head. I basically have my bedroom where mostly my clothes, hunting gear, random stuff is and then the garage. Those 2 areas and the backyard are my domain, and what I say goes. Its best this way, by "giving her" range of the house and you only getting 2 areas she thinks shes in control. haha. You kill two birds with one stone 1- you get your house looking nice and smelling nice inside, 2- You keep a couple places in the house exactly like you want them with zero compromise.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:34 am

grizz18 wrote:
T Man wrote:My girlfriend moved in a few months ago...She recently put out potpourri. I am conflicted...I like it because my house no longer smells like 2 big stinky dogs, however I now have potpourri in my house......

Question:
Where is the nearest location that I can turn in my man card, my spine, and my testicles, or do I turn in my spine and man card and she keeps my testicles in a box in one of her drawers?

Nah. It's part of living with a woman. You've got to find a mix. You see, for example, my wife has these scentsy things everywhere and next to them you might find a knife. Or maybe even a gun. But I gave her free reign on the house as long as the garage remained mine and I kept the spare room as my hunting storage.

Westie hit the nail on the head. I basically have my bedroom where mostly my clothes, hunting gear, random stuff is and then the garage. Those 2 areas and the backyard are my domain, and what I say goes. Its best this way, by "giving her" range of the house and you only getting 2 areas she thinks shes in control. haha. You kill two birds with one stone 1- you get your house looking nice and smelling nice inside, 2- You keep a couple places in the house exactly like you want them with zero compromise.

All about setting boundaries, early and often!

Oh and I just noticed my title - dang I look good!
I just pooped my pants.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:46 am

OmegaRed wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

Question:

Is that how you deal with boyfriends?
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:25 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
OmegaRed wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

Question:

Is that how you deal with boyfriends?

Was that a back handed pickup line? Trying to gather intel?
No I will not make out with you!

I just pooped my pants.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:27 am

Morning. Flu shot day today
quacknstack6 wrote:It's Shaun douchenozzle.

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote: I'm borderline retarded .
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Morning. Flu shot day today

Don't do it you will die :no:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:42 am

OGblackcloud wrote:

Well guess I'm not getting it then. Thanks for saving my life OG :beer:

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:56 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

Well guess I'm not getting it then. Thanks for saving my life OG :beer:

Hey were internet friends and that's how we roll :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 am

grizz18 wrote:

Question:

Pfft. Those wonderful ladies have both of yall ninjas fooled good. That "extra room" will become the nursery so fast it'll make your head spin. Either get a basement quick, or clear out some space in the garage now. Spoken from experience. :fingerhead:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:16 am

Blackcloud870 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

Question:

Pfft. Those wonderful ladies have both of yall ninjas fooled good. That "extra room" will become the nursery so fast it'll make your head spin. Either get a basement quick, or clear out some space in the garage now. Spoken from experience. :fingerhead:

We have 3 rooms. And I'm hopefully laying concrete for a shop this summer.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:17 am

T-man...will she pick a duck?
If yes, she's a keeper. If not, get a safe and get it fast. Keep your wallet in there next to your cajones.
Do not let her have the combination to "the jewels" but make her work for any chance of "playing marbles".

There is nowhere you can look in my home AND NOT SEE DUCKS.
Decoys for decorations. Duck lamp, stuffed ducks...pictures of ducks.
I tamed my female and trained her a long time ago...I do what I want.
She looks forward to getting me the eff outa her hair during duck season.
I got it made!!!
I picked a winner. Her name is Mary and I love her very much.

Potperrie? cant even spell it.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:25 am

Blackcloud870 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

Question:

Bingo...plan ahead because kiddos change the game.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby 18javelin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:04 am

beretta24 wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

Question:

Bingo...plan ahead because kiddos change the game.

My full basement was all man cave, now its half mancave/half playroom.... The little germ packers infiltrate even good planning strategies... My garage has strollers and totes.... I have managed one room that's 100% mine mainly because nothing else will fit and even have hooks with stuff hanging from the ceiling...
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:14 am

I had a spare room for all my gear. I also had a closet to hang all my clothes in. Then my sister in law moved it, so all my stuff got scattered. Now that she is working her way back out the spare room is filling up with a treadmill, totes of baby clothes, baby toys and furniture she out grew.

I just keep getting phucked in this whole deal. At least I have a basement, its about to become mine ohhhhh all mine.
t_baker
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:16 am

t_baker wrote:I had a spare room for all my gear. I also had a closet to hang all my clothes in. Then my sister in law moved it, so all my stuff got scattered. Now that she is working her way back out the spare room is filling up with a treadmill, totes of baby clothes, baby toys and furniture she out grew.

I just keep getting phucked in this whole deal. At least I have a basement, its about to become mine ohhhhh all mine.

We could probably help more if we had more pictures of the SIL and her stuff.
I just pooped my pants.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 am

I don't ask for any space in the house anymore. I had one decoy a Herters cork mallard that my dad bought in the 60's. It has been replaced with a scarecrow and pumpkin. Now my decoy is in my man cave in the basement on top of the fridge. I do have a sentsy thing in there though Mossy oak camo that smells like apples

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:28 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:I don't ask for any space in the house anymore. I had one decoy a Herters cork mallard that my dad bought in the 60's. It has been replaced with a scarecrow and pumpkin. Now my decoy is in my man cave in the basement on top of the fridge. I do have a sentsy thing in there though Mossy oak camo that smells like apples

I don't see the issue with them. But I do like my house to smell nice.
teddysberna wrote:

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 am

Blackcloud870 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

Question:

I like your thinking Westy. A few suggestions if I you will..
Double the size of the slab, add a bathroom and run 220v ( for heaters/beer refridge/welding equipment ect) and you will be set. :thumbsup:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:I don't ask for any space in the house anymore. I had one decoy a Herters cork mallard that my dad bought in the 60's. It has been replaced with a scarecrow and pumpkin. Now my decoy is in my man cave in the basement on top of the fridge. I do have a sentsy thing in there though Mossy oak camo that smells like apples

My wife's friend sells them. They do smell good. it's her house I just pay for it.

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:40 am

We are on a major basement reorganization kick. Gonna toss out / donate a bunch of college stuff, appliances etc. that haven't been used since we moved in. Buying like 20 rubbermaid totes to get everything like color, up on shelves. Building a new reloading table. Finally sorting out a few of the totes that I have of "random" hunting items. It's always fun, because I find stuff that I forgot I had (and probably already bought more of).

Then it's time to start building the home theater :) Projector, stadium seating, spanktervision
I just pooped my pants.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:44 am

I need to build some more shelves for the basement, Should I build them or buy the cheaper plastic ones from home depot.

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:44 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

My wife's friend sells them. They do smell good. it's her house I just pay for it.

I know that's right.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:45 am

Blackcloud870 wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

Question:

I like your thinking Westy. A few suggestions if I you will..
Double the size of the slab, add a bathroom and run 220v ( for heaters/beer refridge/welding equipment ect) and you will be set. :thumbsup:

It'll have 220 because I fully anticipate buying some cnc machines in the future. And it'll be big enough. Might try and fill up my whole back yard with shop.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:50 am

Knockoff Doritos are nothing like the real thing.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:I need to build some more shelves for the basement, Should I build them or buy the cheaper plastic ones from home depot.

That's what I have. Cheap and easy to make, easy to expand if need be. Then I buy curtain rod and put curtains over each level if you care about looks. This is in the unfinished side of the basement, so I don't really care because I have all my reloading equipment, hunting clothes / gear, bowshop etc. Not to mention washer/dryer, sump, HW tank etc.
Attachments
3CF8B88B_zps17dafc57.jpg
I just pooped my pants.
OmegaRed
Fabio

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole