DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby possumfoot » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
possumfoot wrote:still about 6 weeks before i get that excited.. got alot to get done in that time, but with the cool weather and the birds moving, its easier to get motivated.. i'd say i am about half way done with the specks, so thats nice.. should be an interesting season.. :yes:

does flocking really make that big of a difference?

IDK! they are all converted canadas, and that is the only way i could get the color close to what i wanted...
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Broken Paddle » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:28 pm

t_baker wrote:
Broken Paddle wrote:
t_baker wrote:
Broken Paddle wrote:
t_baker wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:@t_b... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks swamp.

That Ring neck snuck up on me, came just behind some teal I was watching and gave me the shot. Didnt really want it, would have rathered the teal.

Also had a dumb ass attack this morning. I moved my fuel tank under the bow and ran hard line under the floor back to the motor. Yesterday was the first day I had ran it since I did this. It ran great. This morning, not so much. So as I am pumping the ball with my foot as I drive it dawns on me, open the vent on the tank. Sure enough, problem solved.

Gotta love those no cost fixes, except for the stinging forehead from the hand smack! :thumbsup:

Your right about that. I wasnt letting it hold me back though. I wad pumping the hell outta the bulb just cruising along.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Did you figure out the problem before, or, after, your leg started to cramp up? :smile:

Oh I only went about half a mile. I was going past our other blind waving at my uncles while i was stomping the hell outta the bulb. It was about then that it dawned on me.

Paints a picture in my mind. I can see myself doing the same thing!!!! Sorry to be laughing at your expense!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last year I couldnt get my boat off the trailer on morning......
It was still strapped at the rear.

This is why I setup a SOP at the top of the ramp, before queuing up to the ramp.
1: insert bung
2: remove strap
3: open fuel tank vent
4: Prep lines
5: key in ignition, if required
6: Try to remember not to forget to unplug the trailer lights, for some reason, I forget this one 60% of the time :oops:
7: Back the boat into the water, attempt to start the motor, if it starts, good, unhook bow strap, back off the trailer. If it will not start, cursing like a sailor,go back to the staging area & troubleshoot the problem while cursing like a sailor!

I learn this when I worked for a Co.that provided safety boats for state & Fed. bridge jobs, I backed the boat into the water, parked the truck, only to find I HAD NOT PUT THE BUNG IN, UN GOOD,lesson learned!
Broken Paddle
hunter

Location: Fomerly in Riverton, CT Now wandering spaceship Earth

Postby 18javelin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:58 pm

The overuse of the word Bung killed this thread. Hopefully not forever...
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:25 pm

18javelin wrote:The overuse of the word Bung killed this thread. Hopefully not forever...

I just finished cookin a pot of Shrimp Creole (minus the shrimp) with the shrimp stock I made last week to put inda freezer for duck season. I'll bring a qt. out to da camp with 1lb. of fresh shrimp and heat it up...be ready in 15 minutes at da camp. :thumbsup:
DSC01445.JPG
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:08 pm

t_baker wrote:
uploadfromtaptalk1382294359829.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1382294387022.jpg

You're on a roll baker, let me know when ya need some help. We don't see widgeon with that kind color often.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby T Man » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:01 pm

How do shower farts always know where nose level is?

Shouted from the bottom of a well
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:02 pm

T Man wrote:How do shower farts always know where nose level is?

Shouted from the bottom of a well

how about one from the bottom of a well.... :hammer:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby bighop » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
18javelin wrote:The overuse of the word Bung killed this thread. Hopefully not forever...

I just finished cookin a pot of Shrimp Creole (minus the shrimp) with the shrimp stock I made last week to put inda freezer for duck season. I'll bring a qt. out to da camp with 1lb. of fresh shrimp and heat it up...be ready in 15 minutes at da camp. :thumbsup:
DSC01445.JPG

Looks good, I made shrimp bisque tonight.

Got 15# of 16-20 off a buddy with a shrimp boat, it's been like Bubba Gump around the house lately. Blackened, grilled, sauteed, stock, shrimp and grits, and now bisque....

Wife was not impressed by the stock process until she tasted the bisque.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:44 pm

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

DSC01445.JPG

Got 15# of 16-20 off a buddy with a shrimp boat, it's been like Bubba Gump around the house lately. Blackened, grilled, sauteed, stock, shrimp and grits, and now bisque....

the foam on top always throws people off....it's the impurities coming to the surface. Skim those off as they rise. back of a ladle is best because the foam will stick to it easily. You have to stick a spoon down into the stock and pull it out, then smell the spoon to smell the stock...Indaswamp's tip of the day... :wink:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:46 pm

We see a lot of shrimp boats from Texas off the louisiana coast...saw this one when we went offshore last week...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:47 pm

And Bighop-save some shrimp for Mardi Gras..... :wink: use some of those mangroves or redfish. :thumbsup:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby bighop » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Indaswamp wrote:And Bighop-save some shrimp for Mardi Gras..... :wink: use some of those mangroves or redfish. :thumbsup:

Mangroves lasted less than 45min once I got home!
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby bighop » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:07 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

DSC01445.JPG

the foam on top always throws people off....it's the impurities coming to the surface. Skim those off as they rise. back of a ladle is best because the foam will stick to it easily. You have to stick a spoon down into the stock and pull it out, then smell the spoon to smell the stock...Indaswamp's tip of the day... :wink:

Yeah, I just skimmed it off with a big flat "roux spoon" that I got from somewhere. She won't touch a cooked shrimp that hasn't been deveined, so the thought of purposely throwing all the heads in a pot caused lots or nose wrinkling and gagging noises....
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:10 pm

bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

DSC01445.JPG

Yeah, I just skimmed it off with a big flat "roux spoon" that I got from somewhere. She won't touch a cooked shrimp that hasn't been deveined, so the thought of purposely throwing all the heads in a pot caused lots or nose wrinkling and gagging noises....

all that nasty stuff rises to the surface when concentrating the stock. Tell her that if she has eaten any seafood sauces in any upscale restaurant that this is the same stuff they use. Concentrated seafood stocks.... :thumbsup:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby GOTDUCKS? » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 am

Morning fellas. :beer: Got the whole week off, hopefully I cant get this boat trailer done between rain showers. :no:
GOTDUCKS?
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:31 am

Morning guys :beer:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:43 am

Mornin OG
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:00 am

good morning guys
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:07 am

Morning y'all
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby bighop » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:33 am

'morning
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:44 am

Morning guys. Phone took a chit Saturday. trying to save the pics off of it before it dies for good.

Got to hunt Sunday with my dad we didn't get anything but it's his first trip to the marsh in 20+ years he was more excited than I was. And I was pretty damn Happy to hunt with him
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:46 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Morning guys. Phone took a chit Saturday. trying to save the pics off of it before it dies for good.

Got to hunt Sunday with my dad we didn't get anything but it's his first trip to the marsh in 20+ years he was more excited than I was. And I was pretty damn Happy to hunt with him

That's great OHIO!
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:50 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Morning guys. Phone took a chit Saturday. trying to save the pics off of it before it dies for good.

That's great your dad was able to join you after 20 years! :thumbsup:
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:54 am

Thanks guys. He hunted lake Erie for years never got a chance for a Woody. I promised him one this year. Too bad all we seen Sunday were 5 does a really nice 6 pt buck and stupid Swans. Oh and a Grebe that wouldn't leave my decoys
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:01 am

This was from Saturday. No pics from Sunday. I got my first drake wood duck and 2 Mallards. I missed 2 geese. I hate those birds like cujo hates turkeys

302.jpg

301.jpg

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole