DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:No Woody, what I'm dealing with is worse.

I wore a brand new pair of pants to work today and just got a big grease stain on them.

Violet skinny jeans?

I had just gotten over it, and you have to bring it back up.
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:07 pm

T Man wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got my haircut. Feeling fresh. Got my interview tomorrow morning with Duke Energy.

Sent from my iPhone3 using Tapatalk 28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5QJ9i_o ... ata_player

This is actually how I picture l&l but it still works

Shouted from the bottom of a well

:lol3: I was worried that this was going to be a clip from Jersey Shore, but it was much, much worse. I don't use the F-word anywhere near as much as that dude.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby D Comeaux » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:10 pm

We usually pass on mergansers but took a pair of hooded yesterday. I hadn't looked at one up close in a long while. They are pretty neat looking little birds, and these two plucked out real nice.

Merg.jpg
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:18 pm

D Comeaux wrote:We usually pass on mergansers but took a pair of hooded yesterday. I hadn't looked at one up close in a long while. They are pretty neat looking little birds, and these two plucked out real nice.

Merg.jpg

plucked? what ya gonna do with dem? :huh: Gumbo?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
T Man wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got my haircut. Feeling fresh. Got my interview tomorrow morning with Duke Energy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5QJ9i_o ... ata_player

This is actually how I picture l&l but it still works

Shouted from the bottom of a well

:lol3: I was worried that this was going to be a clip from Jersey Shore, but it was much, much worse. I don't use the F-word anywhere near as much as that dude.

You do have those sunglasses though don't you

Sent from my couch
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 pm

t_baker wrote:
That jewish comment earlier... I know your not a jew, but you live at home don't you?

Yes, I'm looking for a house to buy, but I haven't had much time with duck season and all.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 pm

D Comeaux wrote:We usually pass on mergansers but took a pair of hooded yesterday. I hadn't looked at one up close in a long while. They are pretty neat looking little birds, and these two plucked out real nice.

Merg.jpg

Ill never hesitate to shoot them. ImageImage

Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:37 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
t_baker wrote:
That jewish comment earlier... I know your not a jew, but you live at home don't you?

Yes, I'm looking for a house to buy, but I haven't had much time with duck season and all.

Just be lucky you don't have to stay with in-laws.

WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:

Merg.jpg

what's the limit on hooded mergs over there in florida? Here the limit is 2, total limit is 5. we rarely see redbreasted mergs. here. We did see one last week though, first one we've seen in like 4 years.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Wonder if Rick Hall is pulling double duty hunts morning and afternoon with the low concentration of birds??? I have not seen him post much lately.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

The attachment Merg.jpg is no longer available

what's the limit on hooded mergs over there in florida? Here the limit is 2, total limit is 5. we rarely see redbreasted mergs. here. We did see one last week though, first one we've seen in like 4 years.

Limit is two here as well. I believe thats nation wide. Ive killed quite a few red breasted mergies. I eat them too.
Attachments
20444_1361007511860_2935141_n.jpg
403320_3130746834237_711550706_n.jpg

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:05 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Merg.jpg

Limit is two here as well. I believe thats nation wide. Ive killed quite a few red breasted mergies. I eat them too.

snow...in florida?? when was that?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:10 pm

:lol3: Those were some common mergies we killed when I lived in PA. I was looking for a picture I had of the drake red breast merg I shot last season. Had to dig through last years thread. Killed this the last day of the season along with two drake reds. Ive killed all merganser species in North America, but Im not sure if thats a worthy feat to be proud of. :lol3:
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1359157445073.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1359157445073.jpg (44.78 KiB) Viewed 3728 times

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:14 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote::lol3: Those were some common mergies we killed when I lived in PA. I was looking for a picture I had of the drake red breast merg I shot last season. Had to dig through last years thread. Killed this the last day of the season along with two drake reds. Ive killed all merganser species in North America, but Im not sure if thats a worthy feat to be proud of. :lol3:

are they in addition to your duck limit there like they are here in the mississippi flyway?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote::lol3: Those were some common mergies we killed when I lived in PA. I was looking for a picture I had of the drake red breast merg I shot last season. Had to dig through last years thread. Killed this the last day of the season along with two drake reds. Ive killed all merganser species in North America, but Im not sure if thats a worthy feat to be proud of. :lol3:

are they in addition to your duck limit there like they are here in the mississippi flyway?

Nope. Separate limit.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby t_baker » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:46 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
t_baker wrote:

Im not gonna lie. I wish I lived at home, I would be loaded.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
t_baker
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Hey tmc florida, don't scrap that truck. FInd out what locked up and fix it. It is probably a cheap fix.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Cujo1 wrote:Hey tmc florida, don't scrap that truck. FInd out what locked up and fix it. It is probably a cheap fix.

I'm sure it is. I think I'm gonna drag it down to the dealer this week and let them fark with it. I'm hoping its just a bad pulley. My debacle is whether or not to trade it in to get a something newer.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:58 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:Hey tmc florida, don't scrap that truck. FInd out what locked up and fix it. It is probably a cheap fix.

I'm sure it is. I think I'm gonna drag it down to the dealer this week and let them fark with it. I'm hoping its just a bad pulley. My debacle is whether or not to trade it in to get a something newer.

That truck probably won't bring much trade. It will be worth more to you as an old beater/hunting/firewood/mud/chick magnet vehicle.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:12 pm

I just noticed that the steering wheel in cars is on the left, but when a boat has a side console it's always on the right. What gives!?!?
Do a barrel roll.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Botiz630 wrote:I just noticed that the steering wheel in cars is on the left, but when a boat has a side console it's always on the right. What gives!?!?

and, to really throw you off, tiller handles are always left handed.... :hi:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:I just noticed that the steering wheel in cars is on the left, but when a boat has a side console it's always on the right. What gives!?!?

and, to really throw you off, tiller handles are always left handed.... :hi:

What designates a tiller handle left or right hand dominate?

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Are tiller handles in England on the right?
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

That truck probably won't bring much trade. It will be worth more to you as an old beater/hunting/firewood/mud/chick magnet vehicle.

For the little money that they would take its still less I would have to pay for the new one. The other issue is paying the insurance and double registration for both trucks.

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Man it was one of those days. Felt like I got kicked in the nuts every time I turned around.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole