DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby MarkM » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Indaswamp wrote:for the table, I rather a live catch hog that has been put in a pen and fed out on corn for a month....WAY better!!!

Had some friends in florida that had live catch dogs and this is what they did with the hogs.

Know some folks who sell hogs this way. When the market dies down they are stuck with a lot of hogs nobody wants to buy. Normally give em away to us and we butcher them just like one we shot. Not much taste difference to me, but we bleed them out for 2-3 days normally.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Indaswamp wrote:for the table, I rather a live catch hog that has been put in a pen and fed out on corn for a month....WAY better!!!

Had some friends in florida that had live catch dogs and this is what they did with the hogs.

That's how I hunted em in MS, but the one we got died when I showed up. Too hungry to wait for a month. ;)

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:54 pm

beretta24 wrote:

That's how I hunted em in MS, but the one we got died when I showed up. Too hungry to wait for a month. ;)

there is an outfit in georgia that live catches hogs, feeds them out, then puts them in a 40 acre high fence pen and lets clients stalk and shoot them with a bow.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

there is an outfit in georgia that live catches hogs, feeds them out, then puts them in a 40 acre high fence pen and lets clients stalk and shoot them with a bow.

I want to kill one with a bow, but I don't want to do it like that.
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby GOTDUCKS? » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Well after 260$ on new batteries, 40 more on relays looks like I've gotta change the starter on my rig. Plus I missed out on a duck hunt. I think its time for a few beers.
GOTDUCKS?
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:21 pm

GOTDUCKS? wrote:Well after 260$ on new batteries, 40 more on relays looks like I've gotta change the starter on my rig. Plus I missed out on a duck hunt. I think its time for a few beers.

you know you coulda brought your batteries AND starter in to have them checked before you bought anything.....right.....??????

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby GOTDUCKS? » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
GOTDUCKS? wrote:Well after 260$ on new batteries, 40 more on relays looks like I've gotta change the starter on my rig. Plus I missed out on a duck hunt. I think its time for a few beers.

you know you coulda brought your batteries AND starter in to have them checked before you bought anything.....right.....??????

Yea, I took them to interstate they were still ok, but 3 1/2 yrs old already so we opted to just get new ones. My boy had been driving my truck cause his is in the shop (after getting side swiped) so I was pretty pizzed already this morning when it didn't start. It was 4am and I had to unload and pull the batteries out. I will get the starter checked though.
GOTDUCKS?
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:49 pm

GOTDUCKS? wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Yea, I took them to interstate they were still ok, but 3 1/2 yrs old already so we opted to just get new ones. My boy had been driving my truck cause his is in the shop (after getting side swiped) so I was pretty pizzed already this morning when it didn't start. It was 4am and I had to unload and pull the batteries out. I will get the starter checked though.

:thumbsup: Gotcha...that sucks...does the solenoid click? if not, it might just be a $10-15 dollar part to change out the solenoid on the starter.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:55 pm

See if the starter can be rebuilt It could take a couple of days but it's usually just burnt brushes. Saves some money. If you can afford to be down a day or 2
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Broken Paddle » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:22 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Broken Paddle wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:Hey tmc florida, don't scrap that truck. FInd out what locked up and fix it. It is probably a cheap fix.

I'm sure it is. I think I'm gonna drag it down to the dealer this week and let them fark with it. I'm hoping its just a bad pulley. My debacle is whether or not to trade it in to get a something newer.

Sent from my iPhone3 using Tapatalk 28

It is paid for, right? What does it cost a yr. for repairs, vs, a yrs. worth of payments? Also, higher taxes & insurance.

It's paid for. I'm not sure what total cost on repairs every year but its up there. I talked with a car salesman and told him I wanna fix it first and he insisted I buy today so I left.

ATTA boy! :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone3 using Tapatalk 28

My last Volvo, a 1987, had 142k on it when I bought it, I think it was 11 or 12 yrs. old, I owned it for 12 yrs. & it cost me an average of $1200.00 a year, not including taxes & insurance,2reasons I got rid of it, 1st, it had an auto trans that I could not tow behind the motor home, 2, major rust, CT ,&, town destroyed it in 3 yrs. using liquid calcium chloride & salt on the roads.

Present car, 1988 Volvo with north of 200k, do not know for sure, odometer stopped at 193k. I bought it a couple of yrs. ago for $550.00, I may have another 1k into it, the biggest expense was fixing the A/C, for down here.

If ya wanna hand working on your truck let me know, I am not bad at trouble shooting, I do however know my limitations.
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess. " Red Green.

I tried it, it, it did not work!
Broken Paddle
hunter

Location: Fomerly in Riverton, CT Now wandering spaceship Earth

Postby t_baker » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Cracks me up evry time i see deer tracks on a island. And good news. My blind is still standing after Sundays storm. Decent amount of ducks and geese holding here also.
uploadfromtaptalk1384878557631.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384878584957.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

you should see where we find deer down here. coyotes too. Saw a yote on the beach out of South Pass down river in Venice one time. There is a LOT of water he had to swim to get there!

The island where I seen these is surrounded by at least 3/4 of a mile of water. More in other places. Ive never seen one swimming but would like too.

we see deer swimming pretty often, but deer hunting is closed on the delta.

They hunt our lake during deer season. I heard a few years ago, a big group of deer hunters came to the blind drawing and drew a few blinds. They got the blinds so they could put deer stands up in those spots. Supposedly when DNR found out they got a hefty fine and the blinds were then given away to duck hunters. I don't know how much truth there is to that though.

why the fines? is deer hunting closed on the islands?

Because they took the blinds and didnt use them the purpose then deer hunted from them.

Wonder what they woulda done if they caught them with shot guns and slugs in that spot?

t_baker
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:36 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

Meh, a knife is where it's at.
uploadfromtaptalk1384896904986.jpg

Just a widdle won, but she was good on the grill.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:38 pm

beretta24 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

Easy to kill them when they are hanging upside down already.

Nice pig buddy, If i get a chance to go I don't want anything over 150 for eating
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:42 pm

......with the Michael Jackson glove. :biggrin:

uploadfromtaptalk1384896904986[1].jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1384896904986[1].jpg (70.29 KiB) Viewed 4731 times

:sarcmark: :lol3:
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:42 pm

It takes 14 punches to the face to kill a wild boar. Ask me how I know...
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:43 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:

Easy to kill them when they are hanging upside down already.

Nice pig buddy, If i get a chance to go I don't want anything over 150 for eating

Or if their a piglett :lol3:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Botiz630 wrote:It takes 14 punches to the face to kill a wild boar. Ask me how I know...

How do you know
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby D Comeaux » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Botiz630 wrote:It takes 14 punches to the face to kill a wild boar. Ask me how I know...

Ninja
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Did you watch Woody tear up a Miss Piggy Doll
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:48 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:

I didn't use my fist for that.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:49 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

:lol3: :lol3:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:58 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

Did you use like a piercing weapon or a bludgeon?
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:00 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

So you have been hoggin' .
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby GOTDUCKS? » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
GOTDUCKS? wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

:thumbsup: Gotcha...that sucks...does the solenoid click? if not, it might just be a $10-15 dollar part to change out the solenoid on the starter.

Nope no click, that's why thought the batteries were out shoulda know cause the lights didn't dim and everything came on. It just makes a wherrrring sound guy told me he thinks the bendix is bound up and just change the starter. It's an 08 with only 110k and paid off so not to bad I guess.
GOTDUCKS?
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:20 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Crap! That one comes in from outta nowhere!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole