DHC Million Thread almost has 20 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Have fun.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training
 
Posts: 12077
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois


Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:39 pm

t_baker wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
t_baker wrote:I am begining to think that every time I take a fellow DHC'er out hunting something bad happens the next day. First time (A5), docs said the baby had palsy, second time (Titz) had a bunch stolen from my lot, 3rd time (titz) wifes tranny takes a chit. 2500 freaking dollars!!!!!!!


That sucks. Did you have a new one put in it?


They are rebuilding it. She called me about 6:30 last night, said she left for her break and it wouldn't come out of second gear. I called the dealer (we just got the car a few months ago) and they came and got it and gave her a loaner. Called this morning to tell me that it was going to be close to 4K to go through it. After some suave words I got them to cover anything over 2500 plus 15% off. I called around to some shops and they were all close to 3K or more. 70 thousand miles on a 09 GMC Acadia. Super pissed.

On a lighter note, you hunt today? Do any good?


We did. Little bro had access to a flooded bean field, it was just too cold. Had to break ice to start and then every fifteen minutes we had to get up and break it up again. Didn't last very long and left birdless.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 20434
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
t_baker wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
t_baker wrote:I am begining to think that every time I take a fellow DHC'er out hunting something bad happens the next day. First time (A5), docs said the baby had palsy, second time (Titz) had a bunch stolen from my lot, 3rd time (titz) wifes tranny takes a chit. 2500 freaking dollars!!!!!!!


That sucks. Did you have a new one put in it?


They are rebuilding it. She called me about 6:30 last night, said she left for her break and it wouldn't come out of second gear. I called the dealer (we just got the car a few months ago) and they came and got it and gave her a loaner. Called this morning to tell me that it was going to be close to 4K to go through it. After some suave words I got them to cover anything over 2500 plus 15% off. I called around to some shops and they were all close to 3K or more. 70 thousand miles on a 09 GMC Acadia. Super pissed.

On a lighter note, you hunt today? Do any good?


We did. Little bro had access to a flooded bean field, it was just too cold. Had to break ice to start and then every fifteen minutes we had to get up and break it up again. Didn't last very long and left birdless.


That's no good.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Tinner4 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Happy birthday Jarbo!!

Anyone ever have this happen? Came out of the magazine that way.. must have got caught somehow and wrapped around itself.
Attachments
ResizedImage951387910301276.jpg
User avatar
Tinner4
hunter
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: Central Nebraska

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Jarbo03 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Tinner4 wrote:Happy birthday Jarbo!!

Anyone ever have this happen? Came out of the magazine that way.. must have got caught somehow and wrapped around itself.


Thanks. Hope you wete able to get it untangled without it kinking.

#tazincali2014itsgonnahappen
User avatar
Jarbo03
hunter
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: KANSAS

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby bighop » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm gonna stop posting before a hunt, I think it's a jinx.

Gun shoots great, but I've got some work to do patterning. I haven't crippled that many birds in a looooong time.

Image
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 9505
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:09 pm

bighop wrote:I'm gonna stop posting before a hunt, I think it's a jinx.

Gun shoots great, but I've got some work to do patterning. I haven't crippled that many birds in a looooong time.

Image


I HATE that! I, too, have had a season of lost birds. I don't remember having so many birds drop into water that is open for 50 yds around them, then diving on my dog and never seeing them again. And I don't quit them easily. :mad:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 12240
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:51 pm

Merry Christmas eve boys
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1387921869928.jpg
Uneasyjmitchell wrote:Is Erie salt water?


Indawoods wrote:
leaving me slack jawed and stupified. mangy feline deathkitty stole my bird.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 19285
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Merry Christmas everybody. I'm currently getting ready to fake an injury or an emergency to get out of a family function.

A5 I haven't forgotten about you, I'll try to give you a call tomorrow afternoon once things quiet down.
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 20434
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby 18javelin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:30 pm

2 hour trip to a draw hunt. Draw second to last pick. Broke shift cable on boat it was froze solid and I forced the issue and shattered my steering wheel. Shattered it was so cold. Then burned a hole in my jacket and broke the screen on my phone....... Murphy found me today baker ur not alone. Never killed a bird seen a bunch of migrators though. Boats fixed until I get shift cable in I can manual shift. ImageImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 4562
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby 18javelin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 4562
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Looks like a solid day.

I gave up on being pissed about her car. Its just money. If I didn't give it to them I would spend it on something useless. Just ready to have it fixed so I can stop hearing about the sweet Buick they gave her to drive.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:38 pm

But how did you shatter a steering wheel trying to free a frozen shift cable?
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby 18javelin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:58 pm

My typo my steering was froze up as well as the shift cable. I was out of ice breaker in a can it budge a little then shattered. The shift cable broke where cable meets linkage on motor. But ya know what I had a good time it's the price we pay to play. Home with wife and kids Christmas Eve alls well despite a Murphy's day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 4562
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby 18javelin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Merry Christmas to all u douche nozzles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 4562
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Merry Christmas, men!
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 10068
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:17 pm

18javelin wrote:My typo my steering was froze up as well as the shift cable. I was out of ice breaker in a can it budge a little then shattered. The shift cable broke where cable meets linkage on motor. But ya know what I had a good time it's the price we pay to play. Home with wife and kids Christmas Eve alls well despite a Murphy's day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah we have all been there. 2 years ago I went to the river I hunt a little and the water was up and current was moving. Went into some back waters and was going against the current on the way back. Hunted a couple hours then headed back to the ramp. Turns out the current was moving pretty good, couldnt steer my boat fast enough, ripped the blind off on one side, scratched and ran into multiple trees, broke my front bow light and broke the holder for my stern light.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:17 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Merry Christmas, men!


Murry Christmas.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OGblackcloud » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Merry Christmas guys :beer:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
State Moderator
 
Posts: 19928
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Minnesota / Calif.

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby quacknstack6 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Merry Christmas, I'm stuck in traffic and can't drink bourbon tonight because it is frowned upon by the elders in my family.
OHIODUCKA5 gives dry hobo jerks at the truck stop.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 7643
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:44 pm

quacknstack6 wrote:Merry Christmas, I'm stuck in traffic and can't drink bourbon tonight because it is frowned upon by the elders in my family.


Look at the bright side. In the future they will be dead and you can drink at Christmas.


Sorry that sounds terrible. I mean it at sarcastically as possible.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Just got done with Christmas Eve dinner at my mother's... filet mignon, rice, bread, etc... Mmm mmmmm delicious.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 10068
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Merry Christmas from Jamaica, homies!

It was 17 degrees when I left Utah and its, well I don't know exactly what the temp is here right now, but it feels hot as hell.

Hope you all have a great one tomorrow! :beer:
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 9993
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Merry Christmas from Jamaica, homies!

It was 17 degrees when I left Utah and its, well I don't know exactly what the temp is here right now, but it feels hot as hell.

Hope you all have a great one tomorrow! :beer:

Hope you sunburn your ass.@

Merry Christmas buddy
Uneasyjmitchell wrote:Is Erie salt water?


Indawoods wrote:
leaving me slack jawed and stupified. mangy feline deathkitty stole my bird.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 19285
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby quacknstack6 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Merry Christmas from Jamaica, homies!

It was 17 degrees when I left Utah and its, well I don't know exactly what the temp is here right now, but it feels hot as hell.

Hope you all have a great one tomorrow! :beer:

I hope you break a nail and it ruins your trip.
OHIODUCKA5 gives dry hobo jerks at the truck stop.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 7643
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests