DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Blackcloud870 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:09 pm

It looks like a couple of those rabbits were having a BAD day :eek: :yes:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
User avatar
Blackcloud870
hunter
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:45 am
Location: Northern, IL


Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:It looks like a couple of those rabbits were having a BAD day :eek: :yes:

like shooting fish in a barrel when the cold weather burns the tops of the lush vegetation....what little there is left is not much for them to hide in. It's a $20 donation to the camp if you shoot one and tear him up. Either headshots, or wait until they are 30 yards out if they are running so you catch them with just a few pellets. (the camp made $20 BTW, though I will not name any names....was not me BTW)
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58136
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:17 pm

another reason we hunted a boat blind is because I was hunting without a dog and the strong tide will carry birds out in a hurry.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58136
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:I am sooooo tempted to pull the trigger on an old vintage (1968) Ford bronco a neighbor down the street is selling. The guy selling it is as old as dirt and is the original owner. It has 45,000 original miles. Any of you guys ever owned one of these. I've always like them.
I had a 1980 Bronco and it was the best 4x4 I ever had. The ´68 is even better I hear but...plan on about 8-10 mpg.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:I am sooooo tempted to pull the trigger on an old vintage (1968) Ford bronco a neighbor down the street is selling. The guy selling it is as old as dirt and is the original owner. It has 45,000 original miles. Any of you guys ever owned one of these. I've always like them.

I think the old ones are beautiful. How much is he wanting for it?
Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.


He wants 10 grand for it. It's crazy how some of these vintage wheelers with a cult following have increased in value in recent years.
Here she is. He took this picture this past summer and said its the last time it's been out of the garage.
160581-1387148991-713542.jpg

Seems like a fair price LL . Offer him 7500 cash he can only say no and you can come up in 500$ increments. That front bumper is not original I don't believe so that effects the price.


Good point on that front bumper. I guess I could take the approach that I want to restore it to original and will need to find a factory front bumper. Those are at least 3 grand, right?

Just trying to help you out. I don't have DR. money so you just go pay that 10,000 and forget I said any thing :sad:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 14548
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:45 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:I am sooooo tempted to pull the trigger on an old vintage (1968) Ford bronco a neighbor down the street is selling. The guy selling it is as old as dirt and is the original owner. It has 45,000 original miles. Any of you guys ever owned one of these. I've always like them.

I think the old ones are beautiful. How much is he wanting for it?
Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.


He wants 10 grand for it. It's crazy how some of these vintage wheelers with a cult following have increased in value in recent years.
Here she is. He took this picture this past summer and said its the last time it's been out of the garage.
160581-1387148991-713542.jpg

Seems like a fair price LL . Offer him 7500 cash he can only say no and you can come up in 500$ increments. That front bumper is not original I don't believe so that effects the price.


Good point on that front bumper. I guess I could take the approach that I want to restore it to original and will need to find a factory front bumper. Those are at least 3 grand, right?

Just trying to help you out. I don't have DR. money so you just go pay that 10,000 and forget I said any thing :sad:


You took that the wrong way, buddy. I meant that I appreciate you pointing out that the front bumper was not original and that I could use that fact and my plan to restore it to original as a way to get him to consider a low ball offer. :beer:
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby beretta24 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Blackcloud870 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:
Blackcloud870 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Doesn't mean I can't start.

Truth. But, it also doesn't mean I can't/won't bust your chops over it :lol3:
Are you constructing the deck out of treated wood or are you going to attempt using that composite stuff?

Likely composite.

Jehler's going to have a FIT when he reads this.

We already discussed it. There are some good ones.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:38 am

Woke up this morning to find that Tapatalk had autonomously changed into yet another infernal form sometime during the night. I'm beginning to suspect that Tapatalk is really some sort of twisted psychology experiment, similar to shocking me every time I reach for a cookie to see how many times I'll willingly get shocked because I just want the cookie so damn bad.
I need about tree fiddy.
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16950
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 am

It happened to me the other day. I was on tapatalk, set the phone down, probably ate something. When I picked it back up, boom orange borders.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8642
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:17 am

Morning fellas. Taptalk did the same thing to me.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13942
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Blackcloud870 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:42 am

Ahhhhhh....I still have the version before last. All is good in my world.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
User avatar
Blackcloud870
hunter
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:45 am
Location: Northern, IL

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:03 am

Morning guys :beer:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
hunter
 
Posts: 14548
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm

DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby 18javelin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:05 am

I'm still haven't updated to IOS 7 or whatever so I'm still on the old tapatalk. That's right.... Heard the reviews decided to not update.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 3810
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby jaysweet3 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:18 am

18javelin wrote:I'm still haven't updated to IOS 7 or whatever so I'm still on the old tapatalk. That's right.... Heard the reviews decided to not update.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new version operates just like the old one. Before the updates, it was a PIA. quoting was weird, posting pictures was complicated. Thankfully, they fixed it.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8642
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby jehler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:45 am

Indaswamp wrote:

BTW-Sous Vide Duck Breasts were ON TIME!! :eek: We seared the duck breasts in smoked chicken fat!! :yes: :thumbsup:

@tmclaimer...Valpolicella with amoretta cream sauce-money!
sous vide a breast, pull it and dunk in liquid nitrogen to freeze it solid, then deep fry until it's thawed and warm again.
Think how awesome that could be
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17517
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Blackcloud870 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:35 am

jehler wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

BTW-Sous Vide Duck Breasts were ON TIME!! :eek: We seared the duck breasts in smoked chicken fat!! :yes: :thumbsup:

@tmclaimer...Valpolicella with amoretta cream sauce-money!
sous vide a breast, pull it and dunk in liquid nitrogen to freeze it solid, then deep fry until it's thawed and warm again.
Think how awesome that could be


Damn brah, I didnt know they had 4:20 tours in Michigan :hi:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
User avatar
Blackcloud870
hunter
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:45 am
Location: Northern, IL

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:53 am

Slow morning
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389981162.233585.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389981193.360014.jpg



Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6296
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby quacknstack6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Been a slow day at work today, off work at 6 hoping to go kill some ducks in the morning.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 6750
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

jehler wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

BTW-Sous Vide Duck Breasts were ON TIME!! :eek: We seared the duck breasts in smoked chicken fat!! :yes: :thumbsup:

@tmclaimer...Valpolicella with amoretta cream sauce-money!
sous vide a breast, pull it and dunk in liquid nitrogen to freeze it solid, then deep fry until it's thawed and warm again.
Think how awesome that could be

don't know John....the whole point ofSous Vide is to cook the meat to the internal temp you want to serve it at and the meat is cooked uniformly throughout. Once you freeze it then fry it, I would think that would be shot to chit.

Though a searing hot grill would be just as effective as a sear in a hot pan...some high end restaurants do this with steaks.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58136
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby jehler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17517
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:11 pm


OK, I follow you now...just flash freeze the outer layer to keep the temp down before frying. Interesting indeed.

I'll tell ya what-searing those duck breasts in hickory smoked chicken fat (from smoked chickens Indafire used to make gumbo) was a fantabulous call! Those duck breasts were awesome!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58136
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby quacknstack6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

OK, I follow you now...just flash freeze the outer layer to keep the temp down before frying. Interesting indeed.

I'll tell ya what-searing those duck breasts in hickory smoked chicken fat (from smoked chickens Indafire used to make gumbo) was a fantabulous call! Those duck breasts were awesome!

Send some my way and I will give ya an unbiased answer :lol3:
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 6750
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Boudin Quesadillas tonight...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58136
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby beretta24 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Today we chased pinks, and shot what I believe to be a hermaphrodite mallard....no boy parts when I skinned it. Also got my first euro widgeon but it was too young and scruffy for the wall.
uploadfromtaptalk1389991524653.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1389991468708.jpg
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 6308
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby jehler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Boudin Quesadillas tonight...

UR brought boodan to Byers place, missed that stuff
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17517
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cartervj, Google Adsense [Bot], OhioSkeetShooter, possumfoot and 58 guests