DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Old price list from the market hunter days.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1394917716728.jpg
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 12611
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio


Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby bighop » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:21 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Old price list from the market hunter days.

No wonder market hunters dies out. They though Sprig and Coots were equivalent.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6913
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Rick Hall » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:25 pm

No fooling, never saw a coot with rice breast.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13562
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby aunt betty » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Guess mallards were free. Not on the list.
Broadbills made it so they must taste better. @
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11562
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby aunt betty » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:29 pm

Blackbird pie. Hmmm.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved
 
Posts: 11562
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:10 pm

7 bucks for a can. Wonder how much they charged the customers?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 12611
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OmegaRed » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Turkey call I've been working on while the weather has been crappy. Almost done...needs finish sanded and a few other things.

Bloodwood paddle, poplar box, leopardwood overlays.
Attachments
20140315_180901.jpg
I just pooped my pants.
User avatar
OmegaRed
Fabio
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 am
Location: OHIO

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby quacknstack6 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:27 pm

OmegaRed wrote:Turkey call I've been working on while the weather has been crappy. Almost done...needs finish sanded and a few other things.

Bloodwood paddle, poplar box, leopardwood overlays.

Looks good.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby sprigs4days » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:36 pm

bighop wrote:Sea duck training has begun!
Image

Pippit...Pippit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
User avatar
sprigs4days
hunter
 
Posts: 2988
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 am
Location: California

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:54 pm

bighop wrote:Sea duck training has begun!
Image

....out to sea blinds.... :thumbsup: intimidates most dogs.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56918
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:57 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Got these this morning at the farmers market. Mom got a flat of em. Also picked up some fresh flounder, shrimp, bread, and veggies for my sis.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

strawberries are coming in here as well. I have yet to eat some though.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56918
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:00 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Old price list from the market hunter days.

Canvasback Prime-$5-$7 dollars.... :eek:

and I do not see mallard anywhere on that list.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56918
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:02 pm

OmegaRed wrote:Turkey call I've been working on while the weather has been crappy. Almost done...needs finish sanded and a few other things.

Bloodwood paddle, poplar box, leopardwood overlays.

:thumbsup: cool.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56918
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby 18javelin » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:46 pm

OmegaRed wrote:Turkey call I've been working on while the weather has been crappy. Almost done...needs finish sanded and a few other things.

Bloodwood paddle, poplar box, leopardwood overlays.

Nice work. Hobby or do u sell?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 3489
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Winner winner, flounder dinner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394927431.120201.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Jarbo03 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:54 pm

What up fellas? Been a long chitty week, time to pound some cold ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jarbo03
hunter
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: KANSAS

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:55 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Winner winner, flounder dinner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394927431.120201.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

Looks good tm...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56918
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:07 pm

Image

Wrote it on it, still managed to F it up.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Winner winner, flounder dinner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394927431.120201.jpg



Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

Looks good tm...

Was pretty good. I was hoping for more of a crust from the bread crumbs, but it had been in the over past 20mins.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Whatcha got there Baker?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:23 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:Whatcha got there Baker?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

Tailgater burger from our hole in the wall bar. I probably eat 2 a week on average. They are huge. New bar maid is pretty simple though. This one one is just a tick below delicious.

Half pound with onion straws, BBQ sauce, pickles, lettuce, pepper jack cheese, and bacon.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:42 pm

t_baker wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Whatcha got there Baker?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

Tailgater burger from our hole in the wall bar. I probably eat 2 a week on average. They are huge. New bar maid is pretty simple though. This one one is just a tick below delicious.

Half pound with onion straws, BBQ sauce, pickles, lettuce, pepper jack cheese, and bacon.

That sounds awesome. It's funny, when I went home to see my family I noticed all these new small private owner restaurants at the beach and what not. It's places like those with the best food. I don't find that down here in Tampa. Have to weed through millions of franchises.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby quacknstack6 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:54 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
t_baker wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Whatcha got there Baker?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

Tailgater burger from our hole in the wall bar. I probably eat 2 a week on average. They are huge. New bar maid is pretty simple though. This one one is just a tick below delicious.

Half pound with onion straws, BBQ sauce, pickles, lettuce, pepper jack cheese, and bacon.

That sounds awesome. It's funny, when I went home to see my family I noticed all these new small private owner restaurants at the beach and what not. It's places like those with the best food. I don't find that down here in Tampa. Have to weed through millions of franchises.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

Those places I went to were both fanfreakingtastic.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:57 pm

I live ten miles from Lima. Which is a decent size city. We have your normal steak houses, Texas Roadhouse, Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, Outback.

We quit going to them. The guy that owns the bar in my little town owns 6 more down around the lake. The one is known for awesome steaks, the other does a 12 oz ribeye or 2 chicken breasts, baked potato the size of a foot ball, salad, choice of 2 sides and a roll for 12.00 every Sunday. So much better than the franchises in town.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:07 pm

t_baker wrote:I live ten miles from Lima. Which is a decent size city. We have your normal steak houses, Texas Roadhouse, Applebee's, Ruby Tuesday, Outback.

We quit going to them. The guy that owns the bar in my little town owns 6 more down around the lake. The one is known for awesome steaks, the other does a 12 oz ribeye or 2 chicken breasts, baked potato the size of a foot ball, salad, choice of 2 sides and a roll for 12.00 every Sunday. So much better than the franchises in town.

I agree. Can't really find that around here. Place is growing so much.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5943
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: waterdogds and 38 guests