DHC Million Thread almost has 20 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Have you bought little outfits for them yet, hop?
What was big was not the trout, but the chance. - Aldo Leopold
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:37 pm

Driving in Dallas sucks!!!
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 pm

sprigs4days wrote:Picked this up for my son's birthday gift. He turned 10. Hopefully it's not too much gun for him. It's a youth 20g, mossberg 500 super bantam.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started both of my boys with one of those when they were 7. That gun went through two boys, lots of shells ant took the lives of many creatures. The full choke and 3 inch 5's were a good 35 yard turkey load. The gun threw a slug straight to 50 yards and the boys killed many ducks, geese, doves, turkeys , and deer with that gun. I don't think you will be dissappointed. When practicing for turkeys, if you hunt them, have him shoot light loads at a target and you pattern the gun for him with the real shells. Put in the 3incher on the day of the hunt, he will never know the difference. Good luck and great memories to come :thumbsup:
If you believe in the 150 pellets in the 10 inch circle, I guarantee you will miss more turkeys!!
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:41 pm

18javelin wrote:Flocked my jake decoy today along with a few goose heads Image

Looks good jav :thumbsup:
If you believe in the 150 pellets in the 10 inch circle, I guarantee you will miss more turkeys!!
Cujo1
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Found out I am terrible at sewing... Tried to patch some holes that mice chewed in my Bimini top.... Failed. I guess I'll buy a new one.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:Picked this up for my son's birthday gift. He turned 10. Hopefully it's not too much gun for him. It's a youth 20g, mossberg 500 super bantam.Image

I started both of my boys with one of those when they were 7. That gun went through two boys, lots of shells ant took the lives of many creatures. The full choke and 3 inch 5's were a good 35 yard turkey load. The gun threw a slug straight to 50 yards and the boys killed many ducks, geese, doves, turkeys , and deer with that gun. I don't think you will be dissappointed. When practicing for turkeys, if you hunt them, have him shoot light loads at a target and you pattern the gun for him with the real shells. Put in the 3incher on the day of the hunt, he will never know the difference. Good luck and great memories to come :thumbsup:

My father did that to me when I was young. But he put a hot 3.5 in, still haven't forgave him for that one. I did kill the bird so I guess it evens out.
OHIODUCKA5 gives dry hobo jerks at the truck stop.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 pm

quacknstack6 wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:

My father did that to me when I was young. But he put a hot 3.5 in, still haven't forgave him for that one. I did kill the bird so I guess it evens out.

Pansy, bought time you grew up! Dang kids these days!
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:37 pm

bighop wrote:They were starting to stink up the laundry room. Something had to be done.
He thought it would be easier if he waited here for them.
And now there's four.

Awwwww! Doggie Prison!
Cujo1
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Do you always use a decoy? Just a jake or hen also? I'm a decoy skeptic.
t_baker
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
bighop wrote:They were starting to stink up the laundry room. Something had to be done.
And now there's four.

Awwwww! Doggie Prison!

There are no walls yet!
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:46 pm

bighop wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
And now there's four.

Awwwww! Doggie Prison!

There are no walls yet!

He understands, no love, things will never be the same. So Sad. :no:
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:46 pm

MarkM wrote:Figured you might like to watch this swamp :thumbsup:

Love me some CC!! :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:48 pm

t_baker wrote:So my Mom just called me. She has a terrified sound in her voice and I become slightly startled. She begins to tell me that she just left Wal Mart. She was standing in line at the checkout and a big ol nasty woman was in front of her. Mom says she starts smelling a God awful smell. Worse than body odor. She then notices the woman's stretchy pants turning darker and darker. The woman pays for her items and as she steps away she kicks her leg out and literally SHOOK A TURD OUT OF HER PANT LEG! Everyone that seen it stood there in shock as the woman kept walking out the store. They manager that came over told my mom and the cashier that as she was walking out she dropped 2 more behind her!

Ive seen some sights at Wal-Mart, but not anything like that..

Mardi Gras however is a different story.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Was standing in knee deep water casting for several minutes, took 2 steps upstream and fell into the abyss. Went over my head and feet never touched bottom. Lost a fly box I've had since high school. Pissed!

Oh yea, I caught 6 fish before I nearly drown.

Shoulda been fishin out of the boat that you don't use.... :sarcmark:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:So my Mom just called me. She has a terrified sound in her voice and I become slightly startled. She begins to tell me that she just left Wal Mart. She was standing in line at the checkout and a big ol nasty woman was in front of her. Mom says she starts smelling a God awful smell. Worse than body odor. She then notices the woman's stretchy pants turning darker and darker. The woman pays for her items and as she steps away she kicks her leg out and literally SHOOK A TURD OUT OF HER PANT LEG! Everyone that seen it stood there in shock as the woman kept walking out the store. They manager that came over told my mom and the cashier that as she was walking out she dropped 2 more behind her!

Mom said everybody was so shocked that they just stood there.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:50 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:I love hot sauce.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397167691.191615.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397167704.455585.jpg

Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

what about your home brew? Figure out whatcha gonna do?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Indaswamp wrote:

I have felt like doing that at wal mart before! I hate that place and it is currently under Cujo boycott!
Cujo1
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:I love hot sauce.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397167691.191615.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397167704.455585.jpg

Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

I love hot food! You eat that stuff in the second picture, you're gonna wanna sit on an ice cream cone once it starts coming out the back end.

which end of the ice cream cone? Have you been to his gayrage?

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:54 pm

D Comeaux wrote:Driving in Dallas sucks!!!

Try it in an Ice Storm!! :lol3: :lol3:

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:57 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Found out I am terrible at sewing... Tried to patch some holes that mice chewed in my Bimini top.... Failed. I guess I'll buy a new one.

Fun fact for DHC....The Indabros. can both sew. Mom taught us both when we were little because we had so many projects and ideas for her to make for us....which she got tired of making, so she taught us to do it ourselves.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby D Comeaux » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
D Comeaux wrote:Driving in Dallas sucks!!!

Try it in an Ice Storm!! :lol3: :lol3:

That would be pretty close to impossible
Last edited by D Comeaux on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D Comeaux
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

I have felt like doing that at wal mart before! I hate that place and it is currently under Cujo boycott!

Same here Cujo. We haven't been in ours going on 2 weeks I believe.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:03 pm

t_baker wrote:

We usually always use one jake decoy. Hardly ever a hen. Mature gobbler sees a jake, he will usually be drawn closer to challenge the jake. If you bow hunt, put the jake facing you and most times the gobbler will face the jake (away from you) which gives you. Whem he goes into strut, his tail fan will give you the opportunity to draw back on him (assuming he is alone). Then you aim right for his bung hole and let er rip.... :thumbsup:

If you use just a lone hen in open terrain, a lot of times the gobbler will hang up 70-80 yards away expecting the hen to come to him while he struts....like the way nature intended it to be.. (unless you live in an area with a low hen to gobbbler ratio and are fortunate to hunt during "head ache season". Then the gobbler will purse hens)

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Cujo1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:05 pm

t_baker wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Same here Cujo. We haven't been in ours going on 2 weeks I believe.

7 months! Screw em' I won't put up with their underhanded tactics any longer. I can find my needs elsewhere :thumbsup:
Cujo1
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:

We usually always use one jake decoy. Hardly ever a hen. Mature gobbler sees a jake, he will usually be drawn closer to challenge the jake. If you bow hunt, put the jake facing you and most times the gobbler will face the jake (away from you) which gives you. Whem he goes into strut, his tail fan will give you the opportunity to draw back on him (assuming he is alone). Then you aim right for his bung hole and let er rip.... :thumbsup:

If you use just a lone hen in open terrain, a lot of times the gobbler will hang up 70-80 yards away expecting the hen to come to him while he struts....like the way nature intended it to be.. (unless you live in an area with a low hen to gobbbler ratio and are fortunate to hunt during "head ache season". Then the gobbler will purse hens)

I have also had them hang up with decoys. That's the reason I never use them. I hunt inside the woods line most the time so really are of no use in there to me. And I try to get below a ridge when I am outside the woods to keep them looking.

Thanks for the tips!
t_baker
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole