DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:32 pm

MarkM wrote:
t_baker wrote:Remember the movie with Vin Diesel with the pet duck named Gary? I always wanted one like that.

The Pacifier?

Yep that was it. Guard duck.
t_baker
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got some peppers that have been fermenting in vinegar for a few months an decided to purée them into sauce. Strained some of the chunks out and it's got a good bite, but too much vinegar. Any ideas on fixing this? Add tomato maybe?

Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

add water, salt, and more peppers to dilute the vinegar.....

I'm out of peppers lol.

Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 pm

How's the duck doin hop? Has it survived your wife longer than the flying squirrel?
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

MarkM wrote:
t_baker wrote:Remember the movie with Vin Diesel with the pet duck named Gary? I always wanted one like that.

The Pacifier?

I'm wondering why you would want one...LOL!! :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got some peppers that have been fermenting in vinegar for a few months an decided to purée them into sauce. Strained some of the chunks out and it's got a good bite, but too much vinegar. Any ideas on fixing this? Add tomato maybe?

How could I make it a little thicker?

WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:35 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

I'm out of peppers lol.

then buy more, and use them to dilute the vinegar. You will end up with more sauce which you can give away as gifts-or just let it age. Tabasco ages their sauce for 3 years....

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:38 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

if the vinegar is overpowering, thickening would not help that.

You could thicken by adding/mixing in a little cornstarch and water, then heating it to cook in the cornstarch.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby MarkM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:38 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:How's the duck doin hop? Has it survived your wife longer than the flying squirrel?

No he is just building a coop as a memorial for it.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:40 pm

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:How's the duck doin hop? Has it survived your wife longer than the flying squirrel?

No he is just building a coop as a memorial for it.

What I mean is the squirrel only made it a week. How many days has he had guard duck.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

if the vinegar is overpowering, thickening would not help that.

You could thicken by adding/mixing in a little cornstarch and water, then heating it to cook in the cornstarch.

quoted for the correction...thickening would not help it if the vinegar is too strong.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby teddysberna » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:03 pm

MarkM wrote:

The Pacifier?

Talk about gheying up the MPT
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:05 pm

teddysberna wrote:
MarkM wrote:

The Pacifier?

Talk about gheying up the MPT

Hiya Teddy how the hell you been. :beer:

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:

You guys get any turkeys up your way? I know they are pretty scarce over towards Bellevue/ Sandusky where my family is from, but they are starting to filter that way
ByersFarm wrote:

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:17 pm

teddysberna wrote:Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:

You guys get any turkeys up your way? I know they are pretty scarce over towards Bellevue/ Sandusky where my family is from, but they are starting to filter that way

We got plenty Co-worker seen a doz or so on the way in this am. I seen 8-10 on Satuday. We don't get to hunt till the 21st though. :crying:

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:20 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:

We got plenty Co-worker seen a doz or so on the way in this am. I seen 8-10 on Satuday. We don't get to hunt till the 21st though. :crying:

That's brutal. We got a youngster his first longbeard last weekend during the Youth Season and heard plenty of gobbling. I feel your pain on having to wait, Indiana is the same way, it almost seems like it's too late. Or at least that you miss a good part of the early action the first couple weeks and by the end the season, the action is all but over...
ByersFarm wrote:

teddysberna
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm

teddysberna wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

That's brutal. We got a youngster his first longbeard last weekend during the Youth Season and heard plenty of gobbling. I feel your pain on having to wait, Indiana is the same way, it almost seems like it's too late. Or at least that you miss a good part of the early action the first couple weeks and by the end the season, the action is all but over...

Hopefully this cold wet weather will help and the first couple of weeks will be great.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:41 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Hopefully this cold wet weather will help and the first couple of weeks will be great.

Thought you were not hunting them?
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:42 pm

t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:

Thought you were not hunting them?

I'm going to be able to hunt opening day and maybe one more. I got to go to chitsburg 2 weekends in a row.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Thats better than chitcago.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Figured you might like to watch this swamp :thumbsup:

possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:51 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Thats better than chitcago.

true.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:10 pm

So my Mom just called me. She has a terrified sound in her voice and I become slightly startled. She begins to tell me that she just left Wal Mart. She was standing in line at the checkout and a big ol nasty woman was in front of her. Mom says she starts smelling a God awful smell. Worse than body odor. She then notices the woman's stretchy pants turning darker and darker. The woman pays for her items and as she steps away she kicks her leg out and literally SHOOK A TURD OUT OF HER PANT LEG! Everyone that seen it stood there in shock as the woman kept walking out the store. They manager that came over told my mom and the cashier that as she was walking out she dropped 2 more behind her!
t_baker
hunter

Postby MarkM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:15 pm

t_baker wrote:So my Mom just called me. She has a terrified sound in her voice and I become slightly startled. She begins to tell me that she just left Wal Mart. She was standing in line at the checkout and a big ol nasty woman was in front of her. Mom says she starts smelling a God awful smell. Worse than body odor. She then notices the woman's stretchy pants turning darker and darker. The woman pays for her items and as she steps away she kicks her leg out and literally SHOOK A TURD OUT OF HER PANT LEG! Everyone that seen it stood there in shock as the woman kept walking out the store. They manager that came over told my mom and the cashier that as she was walking out she dropped 2 more behind her!

That is why some folks go to Target instead. They pay more, but they don't have to see the People of Walmart

Locked&Loaded wrote:

MarkM
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Was standing in knee deep water casting for several minutes, took 2 steps upstream and fell into the abyss. Went over my head and feet never touched bottom. Lost a fly box I've had since high school. Pissed!

Oh yea, I caught 6 fish before I nearly drown.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Was standing in knee deep water casting for several minutes, took 2 steps upstream and fell into the abyss. Went over my head and feet never touched bottom. Lost a fly box I've had since high school. Pissed!

Oh yea, I caught 6 fish before I nearly drown.

Were you wearing your floaties?

tmclaimerFL
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole