DHC Million Thread almost has 10 Million views...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:32 pm

MarkM wrote:
t_baker wrote:Remember the movie with Vin Diesel with the pet duck named Gary? I always wanted one like that.

The Pacifier?

Yep that was it. Guard duck.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8118
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio


Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got some peppers that have been fermenting in vinegar for a few months an decided to purée them into sauce. Strained some of the chunks out and it's got a good bite, but too much vinegar. Any ideas on fixing this? Add tomato maybe?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

add water, salt, and more peppers to dilute the vinegar.....

I'm out of peppers lol.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 pm

How's the duck doin hop? Has it survived your wife longer than the flying squirrel?
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13360
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

MarkM wrote:
t_baker wrote:Remember the movie with Vin Diesel with the pet duck named Gary? I always wanted one like that.

The Pacifier?

Image

I'm wondering why you would want one...LOL!! :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57656
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got some peppers that have been fermenting in vinegar for a few months an decided to purée them into sauce. Strained some of the chunks out and it's got a good bite, but too much vinegar. Any ideas on fixing this? Add tomato maybe?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

add water, salt, and more peppers to dilute the vinegar.....

How could I make it a little thicker?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:35 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got some peppers that have been fermenting in vinegar for a few months an decided to purée them into sauce. Strained some of the chunks out and it's got a good bite, but too much vinegar. Any ideas on fixing this? Add tomato maybe?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

add water, salt, and more peppers to dilute the vinegar.....

I'm out of peppers lol.


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

then buy more, and use them to dilute the vinegar. You will end up with more sauce which you can give away as gifts-or just let it age. Tabasco ages their sauce for 3 years....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57656
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:38 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got some peppers that have been fermenting in vinegar for a few months an decided to purée them into sauce. Strained some of the chunks out and it's got a good bite, but too much vinegar. Any ideas on fixing this? Add tomato maybe?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

add water, salt, and more peppers to dilute the vinegar.....

How could I make it a little thicker?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

if the vinegar is overpowering, thickening would not help that.

You could thicken by adding/mixing in a little cornstarch and water, then heating it to cook in the cornstarch.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57656
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby MarkM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:38 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:How's the duck doin hop? Has it survived your wife longer than the flying squirrel?

No he is just building a coop as a memorial for it.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:40 pm

MarkM wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:How's the duck doin hop? Has it survived your wife longer than the flying squirrel?

No he is just building a coop as a memorial for it.


What I mean is the squirrel only made it a week. How many days has he had guard duck.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13360
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:Got some peppers that have been fermenting in vinegar for a few months an decided to purée them into sauce. Strained some of the chunks out and it's got a good bite, but too much vinegar. Any ideas on fixing this? Add tomato maybe?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

add water, salt, and more peppers to dilute the vinegar.....

How could I make it a little thicker?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

if the vinegar is overpowering, thickening would not help that.

You could thicken by adding/mixing in a little cornstarch and water, then heating it to cook in the cornstarch.

quoted for the correction...thickening would not help it if the vinegar is too strong.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57656
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby teddysberna » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:03 pm

MarkM wrote:
t_baker wrote:Remember the movie with Vin Diesel with the pet duck named Gary? I always wanted one like that.

The Pacifier?



Talk about gheying up the MPT
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:05 pm

teddysberna wrote:
MarkM wrote:
t_baker wrote:Remember the movie with Vin Diesel with the pet duck named Gary? I always wanted one like that.

The Pacifier?



Talk about gheying up the MPT


Hiya Teddy how the hell you been. :beer:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13360
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby teddysberna » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:


You guys get any turkeys up your way? I know they are pretty scarce over towards Bellevue/ Sandusky where my family is from, but they are starting to filter that way
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:17 pm

teddysberna wrote:Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:


You guys get any turkeys up your way? I know they are pretty scarce over towards Bellevue/ Sandusky where my family is from, but they are starting to filter that way


We got plenty Co-worker seen a doz or so on the way in this am. I seen 8-10 on Satuday. We don't get to hunt till the 21st though. :crying:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13360
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby teddysberna » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:20 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:


You guys get any turkeys up your way? I know they are pretty scarce over towards Bellevue/ Sandusky where my family is from, but they are starting to filter that way


We got plenty Co-worker seen a doz or so on the way in this am. I seen 8-10 on Satuday. We don't get to hunt till the 21st though. :crying:



That's brutal. We got a youngster his first longbeard last weekend during the Youth Season and heard plenty of gobbling. I feel your pain on having to wait, Indiana is the same way, it almost seems like it's too late. Or at least that you miss a good part of the early action the first couple weeks and by the end the season, the action is all but over...
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
User avatar
teddysberna
hunter
 
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:25 pm
Location: Georgetown KY

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:22 pm

teddysberna wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:


You guys get any turkeys up your way? I know they are pretty scarce over towards Bellevue/ Sandusky where my family is from, but they are starting to filter that way


We got plenty Co-worker seen a doz or so on the way in this am. I seen 8-10 on Satuday. We don't get to hunt till the 21st though. :crying:



That's brutal. We got a youngster his first longbeard last weekend during the Youth Season and heard plenty of gobbling. I feel your pain on having to wait, Indiana is the same way, it almost seems like it's too late. Or at least that you miss a good part of the early action the first couple weeks and by the end the season, the action is all but over...


Hopefully this cold wet weather will help and the first couple of weeks will be great.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13360
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:41 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:


You guys get any turkeys up your way? I know they are pretty scarce over towards Bellevue/ Sandusky where my family is from, but they are starting to filter that way


We got plenty Co-worker seen a doz or so on the way in this am. I seen 8-10 on Satuday. We don't get to hunt till the 21st though. :crying:



That's brutal. We got a youngster his first longbeard last weekend during the Youth Season and heard plenty of gobbling. I feel your pain on having to wait, Indiana is the same way, it almost seems like it's too late. Or at least that you miss a good part of the early action the first couple weeks and by the end the season, the action is all but over...


Hopefully this cold wet weather will help and the first couple of weeks will be great.

Thought you were not hunting them?
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8118
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:42 pm

t_baker wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
teddysberna wrote:Just working my life away brother... All I can think about is hunting turkeys this weekend, so my focus at work is nill at the moment... It's going to be a good weekend :beer:


You guys get any turkeys up your way? I know they are pretty scarce over towards Bellevue/ Sandusky where my family is from, but they are starting to filter that way


We got plenty Co-worker seen a doz or so on the way in this am. I seen 8-10 on Satuday. We don't get to hunt till the 21st though. :crying:



That's brutal. We got a youngster his first longbeard last weekend during the Youth Season and heard plenty of gobbling. I feel your pain on having to wait, Indiana is the same way, it almost seems like it's too late. Or at least that you miss a good part of the early action the first couple weeks and by the end the season, the action is all but over...


Hopefully this cold wet weather will help and the first couple of weeks will be great.

Thought you were not hunting them?


I'm going to be able to hunt opening day and maybe one more. I got to go to chitsburg 2 weekends in a row.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13360
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Thats better than chitcago.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 8539
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby MarkM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Figured you might like to watch this swamp :thumbsup:


possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:51 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Thats better than chitcago.


true.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13360
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby t_baker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:10 pm

So my Mom just called me. She has a terrified sound in her voice and I become slightly startled. She begins to tell me that she just left Wal Mart. She was standing in line at the checkout and a big ol nasty woman was in front of her. Mom says she starts smelling a God awful smell. Worse than body odor. She then notices the woman's stretchy pants turning darker and darker. The woman pays for her items and as she steps away she kicks her leg out and literally SHOOK A TURD OUT OF HER PANT LEG! Everyone that seen it stood there in shock as the woman kept walking out the store. They manager that came over told my mom and the cashier that as she was walking out she dropped 2 more behind her!
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8118
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby MarkM » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:15 pm

t_baker wrote:So my Mom just called me. She has a terrified sound in her voice and I become slightly startled. She begins to tell me that she just left Wal Mart. She was standing in line at the checkout and a big ol nasty woman was in front of her. Mom says she starts smelling a God awful smell. Worse than body odor. She then notices the woman's stretchy pants turning darker and darker. The woman pays for her items and as she steps away she kicks her leg out and literally SHOOK A TURD OUT OF HER PANT LEG! Everyone that seen it stood there in shock as the woman kept walking out the store. They manager that came over told my mom and the cashier that as she was walking out she dropped 2 more behind her!

That is why some folks go to Target instead. They pay more, but they don't have to see the People of Walmart
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Locked&Loaded » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Was standing in knee deep water casting for several minutes, took 2 steps upstream and fell into the abyss. Went over my head and feet never touched bottom. Lost a fly box I've had since high school. Pissed!

Oh yea, I caught 6 fish before I nearly drown.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 8084
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Was standing in knee deep water casting for several minutes, took 2 steps upstream and fell into the abyss. Went over my head and feet never touched bottom. Lost a fly box I've had since high school. Pissed!

Oh yea, I caught 6 fish before I nearly drown.

Were you wearing your floaties?


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], SpinnerMan and 11 guests

cron