Scam on Craigs list

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Scam on Craigs list

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 am

I believe that there is a scam going on on CL. it involves vehicles for sale and I have now seen 2 of the same replies with different names and about different jeeps I wanted to look at. The jeeps were listed in MI and near me. when I contacted the seller stating that I want them to call me so I can go look at the jeeps I received the reply below stating that it is not in MI anymore and would have to be shipped but ebay would be handling the CL transaction for buyer protection. In the reply they also described each individual jeep but this is basically what both replies looked like.

Hello,

Thanks for being interested in buying my 1997 Jeep Wrangler.It has been garage kept and well cared for with many aftermarket parts. The Jeep has a very strong inline 6cyl. motor that could pull down a house. It also comes with a 4in lift, suspension upgrades and 33in Superswampers that are practically new. I have added a Alpine CD player with Ipod connection, amp, 2X 10in. subs, and a Pioneer overhead speaker bar. There are plenty of pictures so you can see just how clean this jeep really is. On top of everything that I've mentioned, it also has a K&N air filter, KC lights and an upgraded tubestyle front bumper. Come with spire tire and soft top.

The price is not negotiable $2,760.00 firm.

I want to take the opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this deal will be managed by the eBay's buyer protection program (They are acting like a third party in our deal).Which means that the payment will be handling by eBay and you will benefit of 15 inspection time period and the option to accept or reject the car on my expense. The payment is going to be send to one of eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection agent, funds will be placed on hold until you receive and inspect the car. In case you don't like the car (is not our situation) you will ship it back at my cost and receive a full refund from eBay employee. Payment will be released to me only with your approval...

The car will be shipped from Baytown, Texas on my expense and will be delivered directly to your door in 4-5 days.

Here are the pictures with the car: http://s1042.photobucket.com/albums/b42 ... =slideshow
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)

I can provide VIN # to check on your own, also I can send you more details too but please get back to me asap if you have cash money and if you are ready to buy.
Thank you,
Jeff Daniels
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Scam on Craigs list

Postby BigRiver » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:15 am

I can't believe you would even consider buying a car from this guy...Image

For the love of God man his pets heads are falling off!
BigRiver
"Keep scouting my friends!"

Postby goodkarmarising » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:36 am

Straight off the craigslist website...offers to ship vehicles is 100% fraudelent.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/about/scams
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:30 pm

I never looked at the link he sent to photobucket as it was an obvious scam. but the actual CL listing does not say anything about shipping it. It appears to be a legit listing for a Jeep for sale, Gives a discription and says it is located in MI in the listing. but when I told him I was in MI and wanted to look at it that is when I received this reply about it currently being out of state but he would ship it back here for me :hi: This kind of crap is what screws it up for people that are really trying to buy or sell something there.

I sent him a reply from a old yahoo account I have that comes up as "enforcement division" as the sender name. He has not replied :yes:
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ichabod97 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:35 pm

i've seen a few of those types of ads and replies for motorcycles down here in FL. If it is too good to be true...most likely a scam!
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:20 pm

I saw one where they were selling a '02 ford f250 crew cab long bed 7.3l diesel with 95,000 miles, and he only wanted $4,500 for it. He gave me a big story about how he was an officer in the Air Force and got moved to Alaska, and how he didnt need the truck anymore, but he would be glad to ship it to me.

:lol:
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
3legged_lab
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:57 am

Who would honestly want to pay the shipping of a 2 thousand dollar jeep from texas anyways?
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole