Public Hunting near Biloxi, MS?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Public Hunting near Biloxi, MS?

Postby phantomfinn16 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:07 am

Looking for public waters to hunt near Biloxi, MS. Any suggestions?
phantomfinn16
Newb

Re: Public Hunting near Biloxi, MS?

Postby jehler » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:18 am

Yeah, take 10 east to 15, take 15 south to 90, go west to 49 north, head east again on 10 then repeat until you run out of gas, when you run out your bound to be close to water, throw out your decoys and see how you do
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby don taylor » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:07 am

This is getting crazy. Does anybody (newbs who are internet scouting) read every other thread started by other Internet scouters?

This is what I read when internet scouters post up.

Hi! Here's the deal. I don't want to take the time to scout and find mý own spots, do any online research or look at any maps, I just want you guys to give me locations of public hunting grounds that are productive. I offer nothing in exchange for this info except maybe a thank you. Maybe.

PS, Ignore the fact this is my very first post and have no business asking anyone for favors in this competitive sport.

Thanks.

Do you see how you sound?

Why does every internet scouter think they deserve the easy way out of scouting?

Google Lazyassinternetscouter.com and see what comes up.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Spunky » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:18 am

I'm going to side with the phantom. The poster asked a simply question. Is there any public hunting around Biloxi? A simple yes or no would suffice, plain and simple, he's not asking for a honey hole or gps coordinates. Just an area.
Spunky
hunter

Postby aggiechiro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:26 am

Spunky wrote:I'm going to side with the phantom. The poster asked a simply question. Is there any public hunting around Biloxi? A simple yes or no would suffice, plain and simple, he's not asking for a honey hole or gps coordinates. Just an area.

and google or the states parks and wildlife site wouldnt have been a better stop? heck if he was dead set coming here, why not at least try the state forum?
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:28 am

phantomfinn16 wrote:Looking for public waters to hunt near Biloxi, MS. Any suggestions?

There's ducks in MIssissippi? Maybe I should go down there and hunt :lame:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:14 am

aggiechiro wrote:
Spunky wrote:I'm going to side with the phantom. The poster asked a simply question. Is there any public hunting around Biloxi? A simple yes or no would suffice, plain and simple, he's not asking for a honey hole or gps coordinates. Just an area.

and google or the states parks and wildlife site wouldnt have been a better stop? heck if he was dead set coming here, why not at least try the state forum?

No doubt.

http://home.mdwfp.com/WMA/Default.aspx

How hard was that? :no:
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby OrangeLake » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 am

aggiechiro wrote:

EXACTLY!!! Find your States DNR/FWC/whatever site and look up the public areas!!! It's a 1000 times quicker to get your answer than waiting on here for one. You can even find season totals for most public impoundments!! :eek: :eek:
OrangeLake
hunter

Postby getemducks » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:09 am

Mini Goose Decoys - Inventor
"Gets the Longnecks closer"

Foamy Log Blind@ Prostaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a LOG!"

I wish I knew half as much, and shot half as many birds as the guys on DHC claim they do...
getemducks
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:11 am

You don't want to shoot ducks in saltwater, been told they don't tast the same as our midwest cornfed ducks.
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Always the first time posters!!!!!!!!!!! :no: :no:

Hey he's just looking for a spot to shoot a little duck, just point him in the right direction man!!!! I'm sure he's busy with work and family and doesnt have time to scout like the rest of us!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:58 pm

I swear I'm starting to not even believe these are real! Somewhere someone with 500 posts is typing these and chuckling at the responses. .Or is it always like this when season gets close?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby aggiechiro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:14 pm

assateague wrote:I swear I'm starting to not even believe these are real! Somewhere someone with 500 posts is typing these and chuckling at the responses. .Or is it always like this when season gets close?

probably a little of both
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby David » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:38 pm

We get a bunch of these every year right before the season starts. Also I usually check them to make sure that they don't have the same IP as any member just trying to stir the pot. 99.9% of the time it is a real new member.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby David » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Oh and yes, there is duck hunting areas near Biloxi. But it's better towards the Mississippi delta.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby captainduckhead » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Of course you are. You have posted a total of 17 times. :lol:
I know for me a good day of scouting takes about 4 hours and 30 bucks worth of gas, not to mention 1000 mosquito bites.
Dude get off your donkey and get some fresh air.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby BigRiver » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:18 pm

I don't scout often, but when I do, I use DHC

Keep scouting my friends
BigRiver
"Keep scouting my friends!"

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:33 pm

While you're at it guys, I need to know where the birds are gonna be stacking up this year in Missouri and Kansas. :hammer:
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:13 pm

BigRiver wrote:Image

I don't scout often, but when I do, I use DHC

Keep scouting my friends

Now that's funny :bow:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby Spunky » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:54 am

[
Of course you are. You have posted a total of 17 times. :lol:
I know for me a good day of scouting takes about 4 hours and 30 bucks worth of gas, not to mention 1000 mosquito bites.
Dude get off your donkey and get some fresh air.[/quote]

So I guess I have to be a web site junkie writing a lot of post to prove my duck hunting ability. I'll put my days a field up against anyones. When the weather is so nasty that no one is around and 0 degrees and 30 mile an hour winds, I'll be there. When there are no birds in the area but locals I'll be there. When it's 90 out, I'll be there.

If you want I can provide you with the exact dates that I've missed in the last 40+ years of duck hunting (9). How many have you missed? I don't miss any days during the season unless there is a family emergency. Never had to miss a day hunting because of my worked, my hours were from 9 PM until 5Am for 30+ years. I have gone hunting right after the birth of my oldest daughter and still got back to hospitial in time for visiting hours. The only days that I'm not near water watching and scouting are Sundays. So I guess those 250+ days a year out and about is just sitting around.

Can you tell me that you go out in below 0 weather and hang duck boxes in the swamps or clear the snow off fields so the birds can get to the feed when the weather gets bad. Or getting in a boat in sub freezing temps to free birds that got stuck in the ice over night, breaking 5 inches of ice all the way. Or providing straw for nests during the spring nesting periods. I do a lot of stuff for the birds.

If people want to know when and where the birds are they can call me anytime. I've given many spots to people I don't know. I can only hunt one spot at a time. They're not just one persons birds, they belong to everyone. If I can provide someone with a chance to get a few birds I will. Someone who has never hunted an area I hunt and wants some info I'll give it them.

The local game commission guys are always asking me about the birds, why, because I spend more time in the field watching the birds than they do. If your ever in my neck of the wood look for a red Dodge with the tail gate missing and you'll find me and I'll put you on birds. Oh and by the way the geese were on the field near the outflow and near launches 2 and 3 this morning. Saw 53 and no bands, many young ones around just getting into the flying bit. The woodies were flying out last night right after dusk heading to Ohio.
Spunky
hunter

Postby aggiechiro » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 am

Spunky wrote:I have gone hunting right after the birth of my oldest daughter and still got back to hospitial in time for visiting hours.

me personally thats not a point to brag on. i love hunting as much as the next guy, but some things are more important.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:25 am

Spunky, re-read the first post. He asked for suggestions right off the bat. It wasn't a yes or no, as you implied. You've been hunting for all these years, and you don't see this? Maybe you misunderstood his initial question, but it was somebody asking for a spot.

See Grizz18's (?) Post asking about where to hunt and see the replies he's getting.

If your the guy who doesn't post (and if you do, it isn't asking for a handout) and knocks 'em dead, good for you. Your in the minority though. A very, very small minority. These guys who ask for hunting locations are looking to claim jump, plain and simple. If people are avid hunters and know the sport, they generally speak their mind on issues.

Or some people only get 17 posts because they stop back right before the season starts, cyberscouting themselves.

We really can't be sure, can we?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby captainduckhead » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Hey Spunky don't get your your noodle twisted. I don't know if you hunt ducks with your bare hands naked, or if you hunted once back in high school with your farmer friend down the road.
As far as your post count, that's what I was getting at. I have 3000 or so posts because while I'm at work, I'm usually talking to the screw balls on this site.
Most of here live and breathe duck hunting or we wouldn't spend most of our indoor internet time on here.
17 posts just isn't enough to get a feel for the type of person you are. Sorry if I offended you. It's good to have you here.
I won't go into a big long tirade about my time spent outdoors doing hunting related stuff, just rest assured that most of us here spend tons of time in the outdoors.
Except Preacher, he's a pansy.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Maybe harsh but I think folks need to bring something to the party. If somebody wants help they either need to contribute, offer to contribute or at a minimum - put a little effort into the request for help.

And that's for the 20% or less that are actually seeking help...not free scouting tips. :rolleyes:
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:39 pm

Spunky wrote: breaking 5 inches of ice all the way.

Can we start this argument again?
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to The Honey Hole