The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby wratliffky » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:07 pm

shipping was 13. Do birds the eagles get count? that would put me at 18. haha
wratliffky
hunter
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:32 am
Location: Kentucky


Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:11 pm

flightstopper wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
Papachessie wrote:I believe that makes it 60 - 59 for the son of right now with all you southern killers comin' up. :beer:

So do poule d'eau count? it's a legitimate question before the deek comes to louisiana...technically it is waterfowl. :biggrin:


I don't see why not add a big 'ol stack of coot stew to the pile... as long as it doesn't turn into a competition to see who can shoot the most coots between son of and us, it's all waterfowl.

:lol3: :lol3: :clapping: we ought to start an annual coot rodeo!! that would be a hoot!! :lol3: :yes:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby OrangeLake » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Indaswamp wrote: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping: we ought to start an annual coot rodeo!! that would be a hoot!! :lol3: :yes:



I'm in, those coots have been taunting me too long. I guess I can gumbo them right?

Got any recipes for coot Inda? Probably a dumb question.
User avatar
OrangeLake
hunter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby aggiechiro » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:21 pm

OrangeLake wrote:I'm in, those coots have been taunting me too long. I guess I can gumbo them right?


fill a chili pot with them, you won't know the difference.
Gig 'em!
User avatar
aggiechiro
hunter
 
Posts: 5769
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Houston by way of Aggieland and East Bernard

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby OrangeLake » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:22 pm

aggiechiro wrote:
OrangeLake wrote:I'm in, those coots have been taunting me too long. I guess I can gumbo them right?


fill a chili pot with them, you won't know the difference.


Ground or cut in chunks?
User avatar
OrangeLake
hunter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby aggiechiro » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:24 pm

you can grind it, but there is no need, chunks will break down enough as it cooks.
Gig 'em!
User avatar
aggiechiro
hunter
 
Posts: 5769
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Houston by way of Aggieland and East Bernard

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 pm

aggiechiro wrote:
OrangeLake wrote:I'm in, those coots have been taunting me too long. I guess I can gumbo them right?


fill a chili pot with them, you won't know the difference.

or gumbo....or sausage... :thumbsup: pm Rick Hall...he has some simple recipes :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby OrangeLake » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Indaswamp wrote:or gumbo....or sausage... :thumbsup: pm Rick Hall...he has some simple recipes :thumbsup:


Yea, I need to order some sausage casings. Thanks Inda.
User avatar
OrangeLake
hunter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:54 pm

OrangeLake wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:or gumbo....or sausage... :thumbsup: pm Rick Hall...he has some simple recipes :thumbsup:


Yea, I need to order some sausage casings. Thanks Inda.

if you are gonna make andouille, beef middle casing is traditionally used. It's about 1 1/2" thick... :thumbsup: and the links are usually about 12" long.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby aggiechiro » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Indaswamp wrote: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping: we ought to start an annual coot rodeo!! that would be a hoot!! :lol3: :yes:


2nd split opens this weekend. i am going to kill birds, if that is what it takes i will kill birds.
Gig 'em!
User avatar
aggiechiro
hunter
 
Posts: 5769
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Houston by way of Aggieland and East Bernard

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 pm

aggiechiro wrote:
Indaswamp wrote: :lol3: :lol3: :clapping: we ought to start an annual coot rodeo!! that would be a hoot!! :lol3: :yes:


2nd split opens this weekend. i am going to kill birds, if that is what it takes i will kill birds.

push them all this way aggie...our first split closed this past sunday. And with this cold weather-there should be more birds down...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby aggiechiro » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:47 pm

tomorrow expected high is 70, expected high saturday is 74. now tuesday-thursday next week lows around 30. should be a good deal.
Gig 'em!
User avatar
aggiechiro
hunter
 
Posts: 5769
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Houston by way of Aggieland and East Bernard

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby OrangeLake » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:47 am

Guess who the mail man brought yesterday?

Sweet little decoy, a lot heavier than I thought it would be. Some good reads in the journal too.

Don't really believe in luck, but I figured I'd bring the Rambler with me to my Meat Grading and Selection final, to get a picture with the class afterward, and I pretty much aced it. Who knows.

Here's a pic of most of the class and the teach. Was gonna hang him on the rail with the beef carcasses, but they were processing today. Can't figure out how to post these pics without chopping the right side off.

Image
User avatar
OrangeLake
hunter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:07 pm

OrangeLake wrote:Guess who the mail man brought yesterday?

Sweet little decoy, a lot heavier than I thought it would be. Some good reads in the journal too.

Don't really believe in luck, but I figured I'd bring the Rambler with me to my Meat Grading and Selection final, to get a picture with the class afterward, and I pretty much aced it. Who knows.

Here's a pic of most of the class and the teach. Was gonna hang him on the rail with the beef carcasses, but they were processing today. Can't figure out how to post these pics without chopping the right side off.

Image

you need to edit the pic. Reduce the size of the picture. And what the hell is that marshmellow looking art in the yard?? :huh:

"Meat Grading and selection" final... :huh: WTH is that?? Did Barney Frank teach the class?? :lol3: :umm:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby OrangeLake » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Indaswamp wrote:And what the hell is that marshmellow looking art in the yard?? :huh:

"Meat Grading and selection" final... :huh: WTH is that?? Did Barney Frank teach the class?? :lol3: :umm:


:lol3: :lol3: If I had better pictures of them I would have asked you guys to guess. There are 4 sculptures at our Animal Science building, made by some nut case lady, and the University is jacked up enough to let them be put up. They are each a representation of a certain animals pen15. One's a cats, one's a pigs, and the other two I have no idea.

I'm an Animal Science major in the Meats option (here come the jokes :lol3: ). Meat Grading and Selection, in short is learning how to grade beef, pork and lamb carcasses and cuts. Determining the grades of meat. Like beef can be Prime, Choice, Select, etc. One of my tougher classes surprisingly enough.

Reduce the size to what?
User avatar
OrangeLake
hunter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby OrangeLake » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Got it, thanks.

Image
User avatar
OrangeLake
hunter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby pgquackstacker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:41 pm

You major in meat and I get the gay jokes because I'm from California? :huh:

If the one on the right is a wiener than it's definitely pumped about something, it's throwing up the "rock out" sign.
User avatar
pgquackstacker
hunter
 
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am
Location: NorCal

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:21 pm

This thread is turning into a classic!! :lol3:

Orangelake...maybe you should follow Preachers advice in my sig... :lol3: :clapping:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby joshco84 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:37 pm

OrangeLake wrote:
:lol3: :lol3: If I had better pictures of them I would have asked you guys to guess. There are 4 sculptures at our Animal Science building, made by some nut case lady, and the University is jacked up enough to let them be put up. They are each a representation of a certain animals pen15. One's a cats, one's a pigs, and the other two I have no idea.


***. What college are you going to that lets art like that be put in the yard. Honestly.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
User avatar
joshco84
Leg Humper
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Wichita KS

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby assateague » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:59 pm

Papachessie wrote:I believe that makes it 60 - 59 for the son of right now with all you southern killers comin' up. :beer:


Don't get too far ahead of yourselves, Ramblers- Son Of is coming right up the Chesapeake in January!
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:12 pm

assateague wrote:
Papachessie wrote:I believe that makes it 60 - 59 for the son of right now with all you southern killers comin' up. :beer:


Don't get too far ahead of yourselves, Ramblers- Son Of is coming right up the Chesapeake in January!

One Black duck ain't gonna cut it AT!! :biggrin: :umm: nno!:

and the rambler will be in cali shortly after it leaves Louisiana... :yes:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:51 pm

pgquackstacker wrote:If the one on the right is a wiener than it's definitely pumped about something, it's throwing up the "rock out" sign.

the one on the left looks like some Ben Wah beeds.... er.... uh, I guess
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
User avatar
3legged_lab
hunter
 
Posts: 6351
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: klamath falls, OR Great Pacific Flyway

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby joshco84 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
assateague wrote:
Papachessie wrote:I believe that makes it 60 - 59 for the son of right now with all you southern killers comin' up. :beer:


Don't get too far ahead of yourselves, Ramblers- Son Of is coming right up the Chesapeake in January!

One Black duck ain't gonna cut it AT!! :biggrin: :umm: nno!:

and the rambler will be in cali shortly after it leaves Louisiana... :yes:


and kansas between those two. We should be able to stack the deck pretty well, if everything works right.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
User avatar
joshco84
Leg Humper
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Wichita KS

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby pgquackstacker » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:16 pm

That picture gives a new meaning to rock out with your cock out.
User avatar
pgquackstacker
hunter
 
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am
Location: NorCal

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Papachessie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You kill me pg. I'd hate to be a female of whatever species the one on the right is. :eek:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
User avatar
Papachessie
hunter
 
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: Northern Indiana NOT Notre Dame

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: b-townbirds, duck1996, Exabot [Bot], Locked&Loaded, OHIODUCKA5, Trevor Shannahan and 33 guests