The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Papachessie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:39 pm

aggiechiro wrote:tomorrow expected high is 70, expected high saturday is 74. now tuesday-thursday next week lows around 30. should be a good deal.

Wind is supposed to change to the North by Sunday and pick up to 25-35 with gusts to 40 and heavy snow with lows Monday night in the single digits, so you guys better get ready, your gonna get a big push this week.
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
User avatar
Papachessie
hunter
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: Northern Indiana NOT Notre Dame


Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Papachessie wrote:
aggiechiro wrote:tomorrow expected high is 70, expected high saturday is 74. now tuesday-thursday next week lows around 30. should be a good deal.

Wind is supposed to change to the North by Sunday and pick up to 25-35 with gusts to 40 and heavy snow with lows Monday night in the single digits, so you guys better get ready, your gonna get a big push this week.

:yes: my buddy that works on the river has been seeing massive flocks flying south over the river...me and bayou get the rambler next week end, I have a feeling it's going to be epic!! :yes: no water in Ark. so the concentration of birds ought to be awesome!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56114
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby OrangeLake » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:12 pm

joshco84 wrote:
OrangeLake wrote:
:lol3: :lol3: If I had better pictures of them I would have asked you guys to guess. There are 4 sculptures at our Animal Science building, made by some nut case lady, and the University is jacked up enough to let them be put up. They are each a representation of a certain animals pen15. One's a cats, one's a pigs, and the other two I have no idea.


***. What college are you going to that lets art like that be put in the yard. Honestly.


The University of Florida, home of the sick and twisted hippies. The general mentality of this city is nearly unbearable for me. My family was here first though :biggrin: .

Now, some hunting/Rambler pics.

This mornings hunt. Went out and was still able to get to Church! First teal (greenwing) at legal light, 45 minutes later I bagged the bluewings in 30 second blaze of glory :yes: . The moccasin didn't like .380.


Image

Image

Rambler pics

Image

In the spread (left side)

Image

Image

First days hunt. The ducks weren't flying well and the beretta decided to malfunction.

Image
User avatar
OrangeLake
hunter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Nice Orangelake!! :thumbsup: That picture of the pond with the "hammock" in the background with the palm trees is cool! those deeks look way out of place though! :lol3:
so that's 8 teal, 2 coots, and 1 gallinue.. :thumbsup: Is that a snipe or a woodcock? "m not sure it counts.

And I"d be careful carrying a .308 with you while duck hunting. Not allowed here in Louisiana. Don't know about florida though.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56114
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Papachessie » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Hammock? :huh: Nice job O.L. Glad to see you put that moccasin out of "your" misery. :thumbsup:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
User avatar
Papachessie
hunter
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm
Location: Northern Indiana NOT Notre Dame

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby pgquackstacker » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Nice OrangeLake. Getting some kills for the Rambler :thumbsup:
User avatar
pgquackstacker
hunter
 
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:33 am
Location: NorCal

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Papachessie wrote:Hammock? :huh: Nice job O.L. Glad to see you put that moccasin out of "your" misery. :thumbsup:

Yea Papa...a "Hammock" is what they call a big round clump of oak trees/cypress that dot the landscape down there... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56114
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:46 pm

FYI-Don't Forget to e-mail Lumpy the pics of the deek like he asked us to... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56114
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby OrangeLake » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:07 am

Indaswamp wrote:FYI-Don't Forget to e-mail Lumpy the pics of the deek like he asked us to... :thumbsup:


Thanks, I didn't see that post. I'll try to get it done soon.

Kinda depressed, I wanted to be out duck hunting this a.m. while the birds are hot, but I guess finals take priority :rolleyes: . I may slip out this afternoon though.


Oh, and it's a snipe. I didn't know if we're counting coots and other birds, I just took 'em because. And the gallinule was unintentional.
User avatar
OrangeLake
hunter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 am

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby lumpy2181 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:54 am

Indaswamp wrote:FYI-Don't Forget to e-mail Lumpy the pics of the deek like he asked us to... :thumbsup:

Thanks Inda. Beers are on me when I get the chance fellas.
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
User avatar
lumpy2181
hunter
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Southern NC

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby bayouboy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:46 pm

way to go orange lake.

that was a nice moccasin, too. :thumbsup: y'all have a lot?
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
User avatar
bayouboy
hunter
 
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:06 am
Location: Lafayette, LA

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Dep6 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
FYI-Don't Forget to e-mail Lumpy the pics of the deek like he asked us to...



I been sending them to him


Just sent Orangelakes Pics to him.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
User avatar
Dep6
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6338
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:17 pm
Location: GA

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby lumpy2181 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Got em Dep6, thanks again guys.
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
User avatar
lumpy2181
hunter
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Southern NC

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby aggiechiro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:59 pm

lumpy2181 wrote:Got em Dep6, thanks again guys.


i have not sent any, but i can if i get a reminder on am email address.
Gig 'em!
User avatar
aggiechiro
hunter
 
Posts: 5769
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Houston by way of Aggieland and East Bernard

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:42 pm

aggiechiro wrote:
lumpy2181 wrote:Got em Dep6, thanks again guys.


i have not sent any, but i can if i get a reminder on am email address.

it's on the first couple of pages aggie...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56114
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby aggiechiro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm

i got it taken care of.
Gig 'em!
User avatar
aggiechiro
hunter
 
Posts: 5769
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Houston by way of Aggieland and East Bernard

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby flightstopper » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Could be wrong but I think with the Son of's last hunter we went a head with a handful for us and nada for them :grooving:

Now it's time for the LA boys to put the hurt down over that little buffie! :hammer:
Indaswamp wrote:
Bgold wrote:Finally just got to use mah .45 on a living thing...

you named your junk .45???? :huh:
User avatar
flightstopper
hunter
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm
Location: Pflugerville, Tx

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:21 pm

flightstopper wrote:Could be wrong but I think with the Son of's last hunter we went a head with a handful for us and nada for them :grooving:

Now it's time for the LA boys to put the hurt down over that little buffie! :hammer:


If my count is correct, not counting coots and gaulinues we are up 68-59. Once it gets here, the carnage should be Epic... :thumbsup: but either way, We'll take lots of pics! looking forward to another weeks worth of killin and chillin at da camp! :beer:

Here's the menu:
Duck and Cauliflower soup
Fried Speckled trout & Frog legs, FF and Sweet potato fries
RedBean Gumbo and Rice and Homemade Sweet Potato Pie :yes:
Smoked Chickens, Alfredo pasta, Baked beans
Duck & Andouille Gumbo
Dirty Rice and sweet corn
Fried Backstrap / Venison Sauce piquant and Rice
fried chicken tenders and FF
Hamburgers & link sausage Po-boys with Cajun black-eyed Pea Fritters
:thumbsup:
:beer: Here's to hoping I need to pick up another case of shells...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56114
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby flightstopper » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
flightstopper wrote:Could be wrong but I think with the Son of's last hunter we went a head with a handful for us and nada for them :grooving:

Now it's time for the LA boys to put the hurt down over that little buffie! :hammer:


If my count is correct, not counting coots and gaulinues we are up 68-59. Once it gets here, the carnage should be Epic... :thumbsup: but either way, We'll take lots of pics! looking forward to another weeks worth of killin and chillin at da camp! :beer:

Here's the menu:
Duck and Cauliflower soup
Fried Speckled trout & Frog legs, FF and Sweet potato fries
RedBean Gumbo and Rice and Homemade Sweet Potato Pie :yes:
Smoked Chickens, Alfredo pasta, Baked beans
Duck & Andouille Gumbo
Dirty Rice and sweet corn
Fried Backstrap / Venison Sauce piquant and Rice
fried chicken tenders and FF
Hamburgers & link sausage Po-boys with Cajun black-eyed Pea Fritters
:thumbsup:
:beer: Here's to hoping I need to pick up another case of shells...


I had to wait until after I finished eating my microwave cooked pizza before reading through the menu or else I don't think I could have swallowed the cheap bread and cheese.... Did add a little taste of LA with the Louisiana Hot Sauce, can't ever get enough of that stuff it goes on everything! I think just being able to stumble on your camp at night and have a hot plate of the dinner special would be about equal to sharing a blind with you and blasting away :thumbsup:
Indaswamp wrote:
Bgold wrote:Finally just got to use mah .45 on a living thing...

you named your junk .45???? :huh:
User avatar
flightstopper
hunter
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm
Location: Pflugerville, Tx

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm

I won't have internet access while I'm down there. Bayou boy will have to post his pics when he gets back, or you guys will just have to wait until I return...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56114
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby bayouboy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:19 am

Indaswamp wrote:I won't have internet access while I'm down there. Bayou boy will have to post his pics when he gets back, or you guys will just have to wait until I return...



i'll be able to post some up.

joshco: PM me your info so i can ship it off monday to you.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
User avatar
bayouboy
hunter
 
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:06 am
Location: Lafayette, LA

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby joshco84 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:46 pm

bayouboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I won't have internet access while I'm down there. Bayou boy will have to post his pics when he gets back, or you guys will just have to wait until I return...



i'll be able to post some up.

joshco: PM me your info so i can ship it off monday to you.


headed to you bud!
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
User avatar
joshco84
Leg Humper
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Wichita KS

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby bayouboy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:51 pm

joshco84 wrote:
bayouboy wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:I won't have internet access while I'm down there. Bayou boy will have to post his pics when he gets back, or you guys will just have to wait until I return...



i'll be able to post some up.

joshco: PM me your info so i can ship it off monday to you.


headed to you bud!



got it jeff.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
User avatar
bayouboy
hunter
 
Posts: 3967
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:06 am
Location: Lafayette, LA

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby joshco84 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:16 pm

bayouboy wrote:

got it jeff.


LOL josh.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
User avatar
joshco84
Leg Humper
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Wichita KS

Re: The Rambling DHC Decoy.

Postby flightstopper » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Jeff you better shoot a pile 'o ducks over that decoy. Make sure you understand that Jeff :hi:
Indaswamp wrote:
Bgold wrote:Finally just got to use mah .45 on a living thing...

you named your junk .45???? :huh:
User avatar
flightstopper
hunter
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:28 pm
Location: Pflugerville, Tx

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brentbullets, Cujo1 and 22 guests