I NEED HELP FROM ALL OF YOU DUCK HUNTERS!! PLEASE

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

I NEED HELP FROM ALL OF YOU DUCK HUNTERS!! PLEASE

Postby quackattack007 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:18 pm

I am going hunting with my dad at little portage tomorrow (in ohio). We saw a lot of dove.. A LOT. and we'd like to hunt for them, and then hunt duck in the afternoon-the evening. Is that a bad idea? when is duck primetime? morning, noon, or evening? please respond a.s.a.p. Thank you! :salude:
quackattack007
Newb

Postby mallardhunter » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:33 pm

The ducks fly most in the morning and the evening.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:01 pm

hunt the ducks in the morning!!
ducks normally in the evening fly way past shooting time anyway. when they fly in the evening they are on their way back to their roost so if ya bust em good there is a very good chance you will burn the spot and they will not return..
Rowdy
hunter

Postby mccree79 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:22 pm

Hunt the ducks in the morning. In the afternoon's most of the ducks are already where they want to be.
mccree79
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:36 pm

the first hour or 2 is usually the best hunting.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:21 am

I agree that morning is probably your best time for ducks, but don't count out the 9 am to 3 pm hunts. I shot almost as many birds hunting those hours as I did hunting morning hours. The good thing about showing up at 9 is most other hunters are headed in because they don't think the birds will fly during the middle of the day. That's of course a bunch of bull.

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Heather » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:24 am

I agree with going with ducks in the morning. Dove are real good in the evening. So why not start the day with ducks then move on to dove? Just a thought. Oh, and don't have lead anywhere near you when you are hunting ducks!
Heather
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:42 pm

yeah ducks prime is after shooting hours so got to the next best thing which is the morrning and although the best time to hunt doves is in the morring you can get some good shooting in at evening time ......but belive me ducks are more fun to shot then dove so you will have to make a sacrafice
and i think anyone here will say go for the ducks well worth it
plus it will warm you up with for those quick little $4!7$ dove :tounge:
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to The Honey Hole