Kerry on Hunting

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Kerry on Hunting

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:31 am

Got this from the Milwaukee Journal http://www.jsonline.com/news/nat/jul04/241516.asp

Here is what John Kerry had to say about hunting:

After his successful round of trapshooting Saturday (Kerry hit 17 of 25 targets), Kerry told a reporter he would rather have been hunting.

He was asked in the interview Sunday what kind of hunting he preferred.

"Probably I'd have to say deer. It's tough, depending on where you are," said Kerry.

"I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, you kind of play the wind. That's hunting," said Kerry, whose manner was relaxed as he spoke on the final day of an excursion along the scenic upper Mississippi that he seemed to take some relish in.

John Kerry is a real sportsman (yeah right)
:thumbsdown:
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:48 am

I agree KS... He is just faking it to try to get your vote.

If the guy doesnt hunt that is fine, you dont have to actually hunt to support sportsmen, faking it just makes it worse....
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:46 am

Saw a thing on the news today, and it showed Kerry returning from a goose hunt. I hope the guides that took him realize he wants to put them out of business. Anybody that falls for his "Look At Me....I'm A Sportsman" routine should have their head examined. He must not think to highly of the intelligence of sportsman to think we will fall for his BS.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Pic

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:59 am

Picture of the Kerry Hunt

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... 0310211404

Kerry really pi$$es me off. Trying to pass himself off as a sportsman. His record speaks for itself. He gets an A from many anti hunting groups.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby donell67 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:12 pm

he voted to ban pump and semi auto shotguns. anyone who was a true sportsman wouldnt do that.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:13 pm

Exactly... Lets just go duck hunting with a slingshot. I can see banning fully auto machine guns and stuff, but hunting shot guns? come on...

JMO- not looking for any arguments.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:54 pm

let's just hope they put some good sense into his head while he was out there, I don't think he's stupid enough to fake it like this, and then eventually plan on puting restrictions on us, or taking anything away from us, nobody would be that stupid he was videotaped hunting, so I'm sure he will at least support us a little. did bush go hunting?? no, He was a cheerleader at yale though, wish I had some of those pictures, ha ha!
phillipstd
hunter

Postby Snaph » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:05 pm

This was nothing more than a photo op. What a fraud. I read that he supported a bill to ban ALL center fire ammo. I wonder if we will hear the outrage of the lefty animal rights freaks that want him in power. I doubt it.
I really, really thought he would show up at a NASCAR race this year claiming he has always been a big fan of Dale Wallace Gordon JR. for years. One last thing; did anybody else notice that he had somebody else carry his "supposed" goose so he could wave at the camera, that just happend to be there? I checked to see if Ohio's goose season was open cuz ours in PA is closed right now. It's open doggone it, I thought I got him.
[/url]
Snaph
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:42 pm

When is the last time any of you went hunting deer with a double barrelled shotgun? Or crawled through the swamp water in Nov. on your belly after deer? Damn fool would have hypothermia in no time flat! He is lying!

Kerry has sponsored antihunting legislation for the Human Society of the US--- THE biggest organized threat to hunting in America! PETA gives him a A+ too. :pissed: the NRA gives him a F :eek:

Do NOT be fooled by a wolf in sheeps clothing, email and call your hunting friends--tell them the TRUTH! before it is too late!

VOTE BUSH :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duckhuntin' Fool » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:45 am

Anyone else notice that Kerry wasn't carrying a dead bird in the video? You don't think his campaign manager said " Don't touch the goose! You'll lose the animal rights vote...." Boy is PETA gonna be pissed!!! I think that with 10 days left in the election, I'd be more worried about winning the election rather than goose hunting. Talk about a political move! Lets all hope that after Nov. 2nd, Kerry has PLENTY of time to go goose hunting!!!
Duckhuntin' Fool
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:38 pm

ya know, this is getting messed up, first of all if bush did some kind of fake photo op like this with some middle eastern people before he became president, and tried to tell us he would have good forign relationships, then he would not have a leg to stand on, the pictures of the photo op would be on the front page of the news after he started bombing iraq, correct, o.k. so now if kerry is elected and tries to ban centerfire ammo or whatever he will not have a leg to stand on, and this goose hunting thing will be brought up, and his favorite "double barral", NOBODY IS THAT STUPID!!!!!!!! this almost garantee's us he won't try to ban any guns, besides it's just a neocon ploy to get us to vote for the rich kid with a golden tounge and a silver spoon in his mouth, they are not going to take away our guns, what they already did is take away our jobs, and let's face it, without our, good paying jobs, we have no hunting, no guns no ammo no gas money nothing, might as well throw rocks at ducks, but least it will still be leagle. But let's go ahead and vote for bush again, cause who will we have to look down on, where will all the hate go?
phillipstd
hunter

Postby Snaph » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:02 pm

Ahhh... What was that? The term "neocon" cracks me up. Just like NASCAR Dad and Security Mom. Kerry has no record to stand on as far as (Pro) hunting and gun rights. This guy is a goose turd.
Snaph
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:47 am

Right. And don't forget that Clinton also went waterfowl hunting once for a photo op. Yes, politicians are not stupid - they're just g*damned liars. Bush has nothing to do w/ a "lack of jobs." We were recovering from a recession that started in early 2000 (who was president?) when, in Sept. of 2001 bin Laden's cowards attacked us - remember that? Add on to that the heavy environmental regulations imposed upon industry (Kerry's party) plus tax cuts that were 2yrs too late (who was prseident in '99?) Don't forget also that Bush imposed tarrifs on steel to boost the steel market (risking recession just to save steel jobs). His thanks? "Bush don't care 'bout th' workin' man." Well, working men - if we lose this war, your worries will be over. & God help your kids & grandkids. The Islamofascists talk a good game about "helping the poor." Think that they'll let you own guns? Let you hunt or eat the game? Think that they don't want to destroy this country? Do you honestly believe that talking to them will make them suddenly end the war & "be niiiice to us?" Or that our "friends" in Europe give a tinker's damn about us? Eight years of taxes, talk, & gun control aren't my cup of tea. W04!
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Quackkills9 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:53 am

on kerry... I believe that i heard him say that he does not like guns that kill people (machine guns.. war weapons and etc.) but all of you are saying he wants to ban all guns and i think that is not true and if Kerry is the next president and bans hunting, we all hunters will protest but i am just saying that i heard and read that he wants to ban bigger and heavier weapons.. I dont like either both who are running for 2004 :spam: Good Huntin' :thumbsup:
"Get Down and Cover Up!" -Tim Grounds
"In Yo' Face!"
"My Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor Student!"
Quackkills9
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:44 pm

Quackkills9 wrote:on kerry... I believe that i heard him say that he does not like guns that kill people (machine guns.. war weapons and etc.) but all of you are saying he wants to ban all guns and i think that is not true

Wake up little Susie.... Wake up.... as the song goes.

It is part of the Senate record---he has voted for legislation to ban HUNTING semi-auto and PUMP shotguns. Basically anything witha repaeting action would be banned. He ahs voted FOR anti hunting legislation supported by HSUS and PETA .

Go and start digging as to what is legislative record as to what he has actually DONE vs what he says he may not do.
In my book, actions speak much louder than words.

How many times has he flip flopped on issues like the war, Medicare, etc... Don't you think this "hunting" he is doing is all for show? What do you think flipflop skerry Kerry will do once he gets into office? No sir--the man is a proven liar time after time and is a disgrace to this country 35 years ago and today.
Enough said.
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Quackkills9 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:18 pm

i was just saying, i didnt say that was for sure, no need to get upset at me, you better be damn glad i voted bush today, jeez man! Good Huntin' :thumbsup:
"Get Down and Cover Up!" -Tim Grounds
"In Yo' Face!"
"My Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor Student!"
Quackkills9
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:25 pm

if you do not change your mind after somebody told you they were lying that would be stupid, if you "STAY THE COURSE" when it's the wrong one, isn't that much worse than flip flopping, or changing when changing is needed, I think the job of president is "TOO HARD" for a brain like bush, we should be concentrating on bin lahdin, the guy who is responsable for 9/11, not Iraq, if you try and use the thing about how saddam helped him, wich was not true, then that would be stupid cause W's oil bisness was started by a bin lahdin, basicly hunting or not hunting, Bush has neglected the problems at home and brought the world against us, but if he is elected president again, I'm almost gareenteed I'll have more time to go hunting, it's wether I can afford it or not that I'm worried about, oh and I just read today in the paper that he is the worst president in history on the enviroment and saving our wetlands, that's one of the reasons our FREINDS at ducks unlimited went hunting with kerry, not bush!!!!!!!!
phillipstd
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:33 am

Ahhh Tim I did not call KQ9 a liar.... :eek: I did suggest that he look into the facts himself. :yes:

As for the economics.... The Fed budget is set 18 months ahead of time. Meaning regardless of who gets in, Bushs fiscal budget is in palce untill summer of 2006. That also means Clintons budget and fiscal policies were into effect until summer of 2002. So who REALLY is to blame for the poor economy of 2000-2002 when the stock market plumetted being it was Clintons policies in place? And the curve ball is 9/11, it hurt the confidence of people-and 1 reason why the terroists did it. No matter who was in office it would have hurt the economy. The economy is coming around the last year and 1/2 and will continue to grow the next 2 barring another major terrorist attack IMO.

That being said, if Kerry gets in he will increase taxes which will stop of economic recovery (BTW, did you know he and his wife paid $zero in income taxes last year when they are worth close to a billion dollars?), will only go to war if the UN says "OK" (frankly I do NOT like the UN telling us Americans what we can or can not do when the UN sits and passes sanctions and never backs it up with action; and I like Bushes talk softly and carry a big stick policy), will try to ban hunting guns and will support legislation curtailing hunting in the US. And as for the war, Kerry has no plan to get us out of there either. All I know is Saddam was just like Hitler(Genocide of 100,000+) and needed to be taken out and I'd rather we be fighting them over there than here. And as for outsourcing, wake up as Kerry and his wife own 25+ companies outside of the US and Heinz moved 2500+ jobs in the last 5 years, it was happening in the 1980s when many blue collar jobs went to Mexico like Toro, Briggs and Straton, etc... except now the white collar jobs are going to India and Asia. Nothing will stop it IMO-regardless of who is Pres. because as long as people want products as cheaply as possible, the jobs will continue to head overseas to China where they pay their worker on average 32 cents an hour.
Now that being said--do I wholly like Bushs' environment policies? Nope, but he has done as well as Clinton did. And if we want cheap oil--we had better start looking here in the US and yes that means exploration in places sacred to the tree huggers. We either choose high prices for oil and no exploration, or exploration and lower prices.

I think that is plenty for you all to chew on for a while. :laughing:
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby macdaddy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:48 am

Amen & ditto, h2o. See how the major media have done their jobs, confusing people about the budget processes & basic economics. Plus, it seems, camo works as well on some humans as it does on the birds.
Remember the war. W in '04.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Phillipstd

Postby Snaph » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:48 pm

Go to voteyoursport.org. All the info you want (or maybe not want to know) is there. All people have the responsibility to educate themselves outside of the liberal media. It is too bad that some people want to walk through life with blinders on and let the press think for them. Sean Hannity
is comming to my town Sunday. I (jokingly) asked a Kerry supporter if he wanted to go. He responded with: "who is Sean Hannity". I told him he was somebody that could drag him out of his ignorance. Sad...
Snaph
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:13 pm

ya know all of that is all pretty reasonable to beleive, I think the economy would have been pretty much crapy after 9/11 nomatter who was president, jobs will keep bein outsourced to china, because we like to buy stuff cheap, I try to by made in usa stuff, but I don't always, wether it was clintons down turn or bush that started it we could argue all day, I did vote for bush last time anyway's, and I'm not completley in the dark, I don't just read the liberal news paper everyday and that's it, I do listen to both sides of all the topics, I also think saddam needed to be gone, but at what price, when do we feel obligated to help the people of suddan, their in the same boat, and I'm sure there's more then just those two countries, and where is osama, he can run but he can't hide, well obviously he can, why arn't we concentrating on him, and I agree about the oil thing, long sentence huh. Bush hasn't been that great though, we lost a lot of good paying jobs, ya there coming back, as low paying jobs, abolishing overtime for a load of people, the shipyard workers here get merit pay now, :thumbsdown: I just feel ripped off, and that he hasn't done anything to help, anybody could have made a tuff stand against terroism, what's so hard about standing up for your country when you don't have to be in harms way, and now that I research bush more and more, about his past, I find he hasn't done much of anything, my old man has done more for this country than him, I'm lucky my state won't go for him again, I don't even have to vote,
phillipstd
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:21 pm

If I were voting for my sport I'd vote for bush, with hesitation, but I have to think about what feeds my family, that's my job, without that I have no sport, bush would like it if I worked for .30 hr, and made someone else a billionaire, I know where the party lines are, and bush is way over his, I know tons of other reb., that won't vote fore him again, alls I can do is shake my head at all the bushlexia and I kind of hope he get's elected so he has to clean up his own mess, and then there won't be a discussion on the economy because we will know whose fault it is, ours. I don't think it will keep going up if he is elected, actually I just wish I was a billionaire then there would be no question of anything, I'd just be huntin, nuff said.
phillipstd
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:12 am

Some of you may have the impression that I am a lock step Republican Nazi--far from it. I am not even a Republican party member. Actually I am a Centrist--meaning middle of the road guy. Historically I lean towards the Republicans on foreign affairs and fiscal issues and towards Dem on social isuues.

Now that being said-yes I wish there was a more in the middle candidate to vote for that more held my personal views on most issues. But there is not. On one hand there is Bush who is very conservative and on the other is the communist Kerry who is ultra liberal. Frankly Kerrys lieing about his war experiences and his 3 purple hearts made him unacceptible to me. The frosting was his lieing about outsourcing and him not paying any taxes along with his flip flop lies. The thick icing on the cake is his anti hunting and anti gun legislation. I detest Kerry the liar-simple as that. And so there is Bush who basically is the far lessor of 2 eveils if you will. Thus I support and will vote for Bush. Do I wish there was a another middle of the raod candidate? yes. But there are really only 2 choices and thus Bush is the best candidate of the 2 IMHO. Nuff said.
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:05 am

H20--- I whole heartedly agree with you on your last post!
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole