Input

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Input

Postby geaugaboys » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 am

Hello I was wondering if you guys could look and and tell me what you guys think about the site and what could be changed it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks http://www.wix.com/backwoodshitmen/geaugaboys
geaugaboys
hunter

Re: Input

Postby don taylor » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:18 am

Nope, can't view your page on my blackberry. I don't know if your a backwoods hitman or just a geaugaboy, but having 2 team names is cool.

I used to go to Geauga lake in Ohio when I was a kid, I'm pretty sure it was near Sea World in Ohio. I don't think its there any longer, is it?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby assateague » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:22 am

i thought it was some guys who go poop in the woods.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby vincentpa » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:44 am

Not only do they have a team name, they each have an alias within their team. It's kinda like their call sign if they were a fighter pilot. I imagine the scene out in the field:

"Hey Backwoods we got geese at 5 O'clock high."

"I see'em Geauga. I hit'em with some callin' and you flag'em."

"Roger that Backwoods."
In a free society, it is not the obligation of the citizen to prove to the government that he is a good person. It is the obligation of the government to prove to the rest of the citizenry that the citizen is a bad person, with probable cause.
vincentpa
hunter

Postby jehler » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 am

not bad, here is what bothers me. home page, the writing is a little rough, find someone with some writing skills to clean it up.
you mention your into conservation and hunting, getting people, kids out yet all your pix are tailgate kill pix, to me it looks like conservation is nowhere on your mind, just limits and bragging. get some pix of kids out in the woods, birds working, sunrises, setting wood duck boxes, a kid holding up his first duck, noticed I said his first duck, not his first "kill"
good work though, good to see some ambition :thumbsup:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby Papachessie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:07 am

All I get is a wix.com ad. :huh:
assateague wrote:i thought it was some guys who go poop in the woods.

Yeah AT. backwood shitmen. :lol3:
Jarbo03 wrote:Those two are nothing but life support systems for vaginas
Papachessie
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:12 am

It does look like you guys are a group that crap in the woods. Change the e mail! Are you a group that takes people just to introduce them to hunting or are you a guide service, not real clear. The home page needs some work too. Home page, although it needs to be clean and not cluttered, should show a little of everything that you are offering to get people's interest up and get them to follow the links into the site.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby getemducks » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:12 am

Just being honest here It's garbage. Just go by a video recorder and record every hunt you do put it to terrible music and then put it on You Tube. Don't clog the internet with another useless page.
Mini Goose Decoys - Inventor
"Gets the Longnecks closer"

Foamy Log Blind@ Prostaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a LOG!"

I wish I knew half as much, and shot half as many birds as the guys on DHC claim they do...
getemducks
hunter

Postby geaugaboys » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:18 am

Thank you everyone for the input I will see what I can do, with it we will try our best to upgrade. Thank you again for the input.
geaugaboys
hunter

Postby getemducks » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:20 am

geaugaboys wrote:Thank you

:huh: You are welcome. Glad I could help out.

I wish I knew half as much, and shot half as many birds as the guys on DHC claim they do...
getemducks
hunter

Postby Willie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:59 am

bump
Willie
hunter

Postby DUCoastie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 am

What's the point of the site?
DUCoastie
hunter

Postby tucker301 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:38 am

DUCoastie wrote:What's the point of the site?

+1

It's a good looking site, but I fail to see the point of it.

Observations:
It looks fine on my Droid. Blackberry probably doesn't have Flash.
Auto-loading music on websites is annoying as Hell.
Facebook would be a much easier and effective way to spread your message... whatever it is. Your content would be more dynamic and you would have a means of maintaining fresh and current topics and dialogues with your fans.
Websites are so 2005.
tucker301
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Just at a glance, the sentence structure and punctuation is bad, at best... Could use a lot of help there... The members section seems redundant, with all the talk about being good at killing game for all of the group... Look at a professional company's pro staff page and emulate their styles... Also, if I were creating this site, I would use an original picture of something for the homepage, rather than the photo you have chosen... Granted, it looks good, but to me it seems blurry or something? I would also clearly state your purpose as a group, unless I have the wrong impression and it is just you and your buddies webpage about hunting and there is no real purpose for it, that of which I would have chosen Facebook instead to get more people on board and following you all... Not knocking you guys at all, but it looks like it was made by high school kids, which you are, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you could improve vocabulary, punctuation, grammar, diction, and presentation (all basic English class skills)... And using words like "kills" (We have gotten many people their first kills like deer, turkeys, and waterfowl.") doesn't really help your cause... Try using more gentle words, Something like, " We enjoy getting newcomers into the great sport of hunting", or something like that... :thumbsup: Good work though, I'm just trying to help :beer:
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:15 pm

jehler wrote:not bad, here is what bothers me. home page, the writing is a little rough, find someone with some writing skills to clean it up.
you mention your into conservation and hunting, getting people, kids out yet all your pix are tailgate kill pix, to me it looks like conservation is nowhere on your mind, just limits and bragging. get some pix of kids out in the woods, birds working, sunrises, setting wood duck boxes, a kid holding up his first duck, noticed I said his first duck, not his first "kill"
good work though, good to see some ambition :thumbsup:

:ditto: I think you guys have your heads in the right place but right now it just looks like a braggin board. Maybe throw up an events calendar with conservation oreinted events that you guys will be attending and how other people can get involved.
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby geaugaboys » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 pm

I am happy with all the feed back we have edited the sentence structure, and listed what kind of conservation projects we have done the last few years. The more input I get the better thank you everyone.
geaugaboys
hunter

Postby jimmyash » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:22 pm

The website is rough, but i think you guys are going in the right direction. Here are some things I observed: Some parts of the website seem "awkward" for lack of a better word. The info tab could probably be replaced by a paragraph instead of its current format. (For example: "Specializing in: Outdoor Activities") The picture tab needs some work as well. Try to format the pictures so its not a slideshow, but has a menu where people can click to zoom. I would also include pictures of the first-timers with their bag. The members section is redundent (as someone else said). Everyone on there is "good at killing birds" just stated in different words. The comment tab is odd. I geuss it goes back to the first question why was this site formed? Are you trying to get into guiding, or are you just making a "team" site? Are you looking for comments about your site? Or is it your version of your site forum? One last thing, lose the email name. I looked at it and thought you guys were the backwood shitmen. If your trying to get big, you dont want that as your email.
Jimmy
jimmyash
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Dont use the word Harvest....you kill your game.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:58 pm

getemducks wrote:Don't clog the internet with another useless page.[/b]

If we removed all the useless pages on the internet, the only thing left would be Justin Beiber's homepage. Do you really want that?! Do you?!
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Dont use the word Harvest....you kill your game.

Perferrably wound it with the shotgun and then kill it with a machette.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby getemducks » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:30 pm

WTN10 wrote:
Have Gun Will Travel wrote:Dont use the word Harvest....you kill your game.

Perferrably wound it with the shotgun and then kill it with a machette.

Now who takes a machette duck hunting with them? :huh:

Wound them with a shotgun and bite their head, now that's a picture. :thumbsup:

getemducks
hunter

Postby cinnamonteal7 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:35 pm

im not exactly dead sure what your goal is, it seems to me that any team worth their salt is also backed by a company or the owner of a company, i liked the site it was interesting. but if you take kids out focus on the kids not the kills, if you are putting effort into canservation show more to support this. also try to get involved with you local DNR and do project through them volunteer work ofcoourse.and above all make sure that while killing your game is the goal in hunting show some appreciation for just being lucky enough to experience it, people who like to hunt complain about not getting anything; people who love to hunt complain that they didnt get to go. good luck with the site.
miss him once shame on me, miss him twice on me agian, miss him three times damit! reload and watch where that SOB lands this isnt over.
cinnamonteal7
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:37 pm

Guega, as in Guega County, Ohio?
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby DUCoastie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:44 pm

geaugaboys wrote:I am happy with all the feed back we have edited the sentence structure, and listed what kind of conservation projects we have done the last few years. The more input I get the better thank you everyone.

What's the point of the site? Again.
DUCoastie
hunter

Postby geaugaboys » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:46 pm

The point of this site is hopefully be able to network out and form a known hunting team. Everyone one has to start somewhere and this is our way of trying to get better and hopefully one day become a know team.
geaugaboys
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole