Illionois attempting ban ALL semi-autos, including shotguns

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Illionois attempting ban ALL semi-autos, including shotguns

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:26 pm

:pissed:

Illinois A.G. Seeks To Ban Semi-Auto Firearms!

Saturday, October 23, 2004

On October 20, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D), State Senator John Cullerton (D), and State Representative Karen May (D) held a press conference in Chicago to launch their campaign to pass a ban on semi-automatic firearms in Illinois. Also in attendance was the anti-gun extremist organization the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence—a group that has called Members of Congress "arrogant and gutless" for allowing the failed federal ban to expire. Although a study of the recently expired federal ban found that the affected firearms were rarely used in crime, and even supporters of the federal ban admit that it was more symbolic than a tool for fighting crime, supporters of this proposed statewide ban have promised an all-out assault on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms during the Fall Veto Session in November. Cullerton stated that his plan is to "strengthen the law in the next General Assembly," which should cause anyone who owns any semi-automatic firearm to expect their guns to be on the banned list eventually.

Governor Rod Blagojevich (D) did not attend Wednesday’s event to support the anti-gun cadre that was present, but the Chicago Tribune reports he has "vowed to back their efforts." It is critical that the pro-gun community in Illinois respond to this absurd call for a ban that has already been proven worthless. NRA members can help defeat the anti-gun efforts of Madigan, Cullerton, May, Blagojevich, et al., by contacting their State Representatives and Senators TODAY, and urging them to oppose any efforts to ban semi-automatic firearms during the Fall Veto Session. Ask them for a firm commitment to support law-abiding gun owners and a promise to oppose this Chicago-based campaign. The Senate can be reached by calling (217) 782-4517, and the House can be reached at (217) 782-8223. For additional contact information, please use the "Write Your Representatives" feature located at www.NRAILA.org.

~~~~~~~~~

If you ive in Il, please write them--if not, they really will not listen to you.

As for the ban, Tim Grounds backed this guy who is now Gov 2 years ago :pissed: Very poor judgement on Tim's part. I guess Tim will have to resort to sling shots while hunting geese on his private hunting farm. Problem is all the other residents in Ill will also be screwed.
:pissed:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby macdaddy » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:21 am

h2ofwlr - no, I'm not an Illinois boy, but my prayers are w/ youns. Here in Penna several months ago some of the liberals in the state legislature sought to ban any guns w/ a detatchable magazine - this would have included many hunting rifles. The gun clubs in the state - including mine - spoke up. Nothing more has been heard about it. Nothing but attempts to run around the expired semi auto ban.

Hey, Illinoisans - listen to h2ofwlr, & learn from Penna's gun clubs; speak up. Fight back. Check out www.NRAILA.org as he suggested. Why do I care, you ask? Because a house divided will not stand. Fight back.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby 4CurlRedleg » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:00 pm

Yeah, and for Gods sake do not vote for the gun grabber John Kerry!!! :hammering:
4CurlRedleg
hunter

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:26 pm

Good thing im old enough to vote this tim, Blagojevich will NOT be office this year.... One question im dying to ask is how semi auto's have hurt anyone? Those people who abuse the right to have guns usually dont go for the hunting shotguns do they? They are just out to control the rest of illinois from chicago.. Thats the worst part about living in illinois, it will go to john kerry becuase everyone in chicago is a democrat... Im not saying anything is wrong with being a demo. But there is somthing a wrong for liking kerry
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby IL_Hunter » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:27 am

I am a fellow Illinois resident. I have heard about Lisa Madigan's call for the assault weapons ban. All Illinois residents need to contact your Representative and your Senator and tell them to oppose any anti-gun legislation. Blago and the Chicago bunch all oppose guns but the majority of the dowstate legislators, republican or democrat, will listen to you when it comes to guns.
Duck Blinds - The summer home of freakishly large common water snakes.
IL_Hunter
hunter

Illinois gun grab - what's happening?

Postby macdaddy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:18 pm

Hey, Illinoisans - what happened? Any news good or bad? If youns are sleeping; wake up! Crackpot laws tend to spread. If the political left can make hay @ our expense, then they'll chearfully do it; undermine us @ the state level.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby PharmD10 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:11 pm

I think the whole ban is rediculous. " If guns kill people, then I can blame those mispelled words in grammar school on my pencil" (Larry the cable guy)
PharmD10
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole