Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby SAHunter1983 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:32 am

Screw ride the bull, bull reds can be caught any time, you should look at the Blue Water Kayak Classic near Port Aransas, TX. Go offshore for pelagics with brackets for each species. I will have a loaner Viking by then and if that is taken I can find you another boat. We all camp and cook out on the beach.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
User avatar
SAHunter1983
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am
Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Mon May 05, 2014 9:23 am

Image
'Twas cold yesterday

Sent from Sconnieland
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 4914
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Greenheadindy » Mon May 05, 2014 4:41 pm

grizz18 wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:Are bonito fish big?


There're kinda what you call a "trophy fish"?! So...yea


Are you guys going to invest or not?!?
Nice marmot
User avatar
Greenheadindy
hunter
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon May 05, 2014 5:17 pm

QH's Paw wrote:Here's a few steelhead from the past month , or so.

Image

Image

Image

I won a buck knife over on the Reel Chat fishing site so I took this picture to show how well it worked.
Image

Of course, the finished product.

Image

We've picked up a few keeper salmon too.

Image

And a few from friends, this was Jim's first chinook.

Image

My friend Rod caught this one just a couple days ago.

Image

We've caught several others but, they were wild fish we had to throw back. The last day I fished, I had to throw back 4 fish before I finally landed a steelhead I could keep.

Good job! About 40 years ago (!) I used to sit on the same bank between Astoria and Clatskanie. Caught a lot of sturgeon there, too. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10709
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby QH's Paw » Mon May 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:Here's a few steelhead from the past month , or so.

Image

Image

Image

I won a buck knife over on the Reel Chat fishing site so I took this picture to show how well it worked.
Image

Of course, the finished product.

Image

We've picked up a few keeper salmon too.

Image

And a few from friends, this was Jim's first chinook.

Image

My friend Rod caught this one just a couple days ago.

Image

We've caught several others but, they were wild fish we had to throw back. The last day I fished, I had to throw back 4 fish before I finally landed a steelhead I could keep.

Good job! About 40 years ago (!) I used to sit on the same bank between Astoria and Clatskanie. Caught a lot of sturgeon there, too. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you're thinking of Jones beach out of Westport. Those pictures are all from Dibblee beach at Rainier. Probably about 30 miles upriver from where you're thinking.
Good run again this year. We're hoping they open it back up before all the fish get upriver. Do you ever get back there to visit?
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
User avatar
QH's Paw
hunter
 
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: Goble, OR overlooking the Big "C"

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Indaswamp » Tue May 06, 2014 2:09 am

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56348
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 06, 2014 10:30 am

QH's Paw wrote: I'm guessing you're thinking of Jones beach out of Westport. Those pictures are all from Dibblee beach at Rainier. Probably about 30 miles upriver from where you're thinking.
Good run again this year. We're hoping they open it back up before all the fish get upriver. Do you ever get back there to visit?

We actually fished quite a few spots between Astoria and Clatskanie/Longview. I was commercially albacore fishing at the time, and I was living with the captain of the boat in Clatskanie. He had a house just across the levee from the Columbia. Used to catch nightcrawlers, then walk over the levee and sit in the boat house and fish. I was pretty young and didn't even realize how good I had it. :no: I've been back through a few times, but everyone I knew is gone now. We had waterfowl in the winter pastures, deer running through the property, an elk reserve about 3 miles away, the Columbia 20 yards away, and I was making big bucks albacore fishing. Sheeeesh. Whatever possessed me to leave is beyond me now! Story of my life!
Enjoy it up there brother. It's a beautiful place!
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10709
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby trigger22 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:16 pm

grizz18 wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:Are bonito fish big?


There're kinda what you call a "trophy fish"?! So...yea


I wouldn't call a bonito a trophy fish at all but they are delicious and the bonito run is very much anticipated every year. They put up a good fight and make excellent sashimi.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
User avatar
trigger22
hunter
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby trigger22 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Been hitting the speckled trout the last few weeks. It's been good. Some from the kayak and some from boat. Biggest went 25.5 inches and probably 6 pounds or so. Image ImageImageImageImage Image
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
User avatar
trigger22
hunter
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Botiz630 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:24 pm

trigger22 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:Are bonito fish big?


There're kinda what you call a "trophy fish"?! So...yea


I wouldn't call a bonito a trophy fish at all but they are delicious and the bonito run is very much anticipated every year. They put up a good fight and make excellent sashimi.


The trophy fish thing is a quote from a movie.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby trigger22 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:27 pm

I was hoping it was something I missed haha.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
User avatar
trigger22
hunter
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sat May 10, 2014 6:35 pm

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399768519034.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from Sconnieland
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1399768519034.jpg
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 4914
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby t_baker » Sat May 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
trigger22 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:Are bonito fish big?


There're kinda what you call a "trophy fish"?! So...yea


I wouldn't call a bonito a trophy fish at all but they are delicious and the bonito run is very much anticipated every year. They put up a good fight and make excellent sashimi.


The trophy fish thing is a quote from a movie.

Stepbrothers, but I can't for the life of me remember what fish they were talking about.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat May 10, 2014 7:21 pm

t_baker wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
trigger22 wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
Bluesky2012 wrote:Are bonito fish big?


There're kinda what you call a "trophy fish"?! So...yea


I wouldn't call a bonito a trophy fish at all but they are delicious and the bonito run is very much anticipated every year. They put up a good fight and make excellent sashimi.


The trophy fish thing is a quote from a movie.

Stepbrothers, but I can't for the life of me remember what fish they were talking about.

Bonita


Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 5700
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby SAHunter1983 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Trigger, Kayakwars?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
User avatar
SAHunter1983
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby trigger22 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:16 pm

SAHunter1983 wrote:Trigger, Kayakwars?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk


Yeah but not serious. 99 percent of my fishing is done from boat. My kayak is for quick trips or fishing areas either new to me or completely unnecessary for a boat. I just got it this year but it is growing on me. NC LIP RIPPERS
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
User avatar
trigger22
hunter
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby SAHunter1983 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Notimetofish gulf coast. I live 3 hours from the salt so yeah we are super serious too lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
User avatar
SAHunter1983
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby micneador » Sun May 11, 2014 1:26 am

trigger22 wrote:
SAHunter1983 wrote:Trigger, Kayakwars?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk


Yeah but not serious. 99 percent of my fishing is done from boat. My kayak is for quick trips or fishing areas either new to me or completely unnecessary for a boat. I just got it this year but it is growing on me. NC LIP RIPPERS


My kw team sucks, I'm carrying the weight of the team with 2 months limit of spoonbill, plus the striper. Nobody else has uploaded pics on my team. Definitely will be looking for another team next year.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
User avatar
micneador
hunter
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: sapulpa, ok

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Jarbo03 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:50 am

uploadfromtaptalk1399805420238.jpg


Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jarbo03
hunter
 
Posts: 3261
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: KANSAS

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sun May 11, 2014 6:39 am

Jarbo03 wrote:
uploadfromtaptalk1399805420238.jpg


Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Looks awesome Jarbo!

Sent from Sconnieland
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 4914
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby Greenheadindy » Sun May 11, 2014 7:34 am

Went fishing yesterday and this was at ramp when I got there:
image.jpg

image.jpg
Nice marmot
User avatar
Greenheadindy
hunter
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby SAHunter1983 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:37 am

Same here mic, 150 points of trout drum reds and flounder. You fish with Robert Field when he was up that way getting spoonies on video?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
User avatar
SAHunter1983
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby micneador » Sun May 11, 2014 4:19 pm

SAHunter1983 wrote:Same here mic, 150 points of trout drum reds and flounder. You fish with Robert Field when he was up that way getting spoonies on video?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk


Sure was, I showed up a day late though. A former member on here took him out and he sent me an invite.

I actually kill ducks on the same stretch of river we snagged on.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
User avatar
micneador
hunter
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: sapulpa, ok

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby trigger22 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:29 pm

I'm somewhere around 250-275 points with trout.
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
User avatar
trigger22
hunter
 
Posts: 1343
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Re: Fishing Pics: Post them up.

Postby SAHunter1983 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Hmmn may have to give him a call and see if he wants to do a kayak ducking trip. That would put that goofy SOB out.of his element. Expect to see more coastal and offshore videos from him this summer, I may photobomb a few of them if I can drag him down here.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
User avatar
SAHunter1983
hunter
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cujo1, dave79, gock5, GomerPyle, Hawk87, Jcochran88, toolmaker and 39 guests