Duck Hunting Forum banner

2011-2012 Mississippi Flyway Rambler Thread

40K views 1K replies 49 participants last post by  3legged_lab 
#1 ·
The Mississippi Flyway Rambler 2011, "The Deputy" 542

O.K. guys, Time to start sending this deek up and down the Miss. Flyway... I'm going to mail it out to blackcloud this week.

Link to the sign-up thread:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156239
Here is the schedule as it stands right now (changes might happen as final seasons are posted. Check in regularly so that you can be aware of changes if they happen!!)

Sept.
1-2 Blackcloud870 & group-flexible, anytime, Illinois N. zone Oct. 15th - Jan 7th, Cen. zone Oct. 22 - Jan 31st
7ish-14 Huntall6-Illinios then Papachessie-Indiana for early geese
19-25 jaysweet3 road trip to Canada Sept. 19th - oct. 1st.

Oct.
1-2 Chris Hustad any of the first 4 weeks in Oct.
8-9 Labhuntr- Wisconsin
15-16 Wisconsinwaterfowler-Wisconsin Southern Zone-Oct. 1 at 9 a.m.-Oct. 9, and Oct. 15 -Dec. 4
22-23 Big River-Minnesota
29-30 HNTFSH (Ohio) on the plond- possibly dec. 31/jan.1 or sometime in Nov.??

Nov.
5-6 Jehler & group (Jgun...) Michigan Last week oct.- end of Nov.
12-13 *Rick Hall, flexible whenever-sub in, Louisiana(unless someone else wants to hunt with it, Rick will bow out)
19-20 Goodkarmarising & (TomKat, MOHuntingGuy, NJGilbert) Missouri North zone ~(Oct.29-dec 30),flexible in Nov.
26-27 WTN10 in Arkansas

Dec.
3-4 Cujo1 & (Huntall, Spatrick, coh-brook, +1 more), Southern Illinois Nov. 12 - Jan. 10 and Nov. 24 - Jan. 22
10-11 Possumfoot +the Inda Bros.-TENN.
17-18 Inda Bros./bayouboy/jasonphoto01....possibly indamarsh-Louisiana
24-25 Lostpup and 5 DHC members in TENN. (Hunt- Chessies, FL, Idukhunt IL, Patrickcarrington MI, +2 others)
31-jan.1 13space82 & (Ramsey84, threeshots, and possibly lablover0929)- Kentucky

Jan.
7-8 Cannon & 4-5 DHC guys, Arkansas anytime between Dec. 26 and Jan 16
14-15 bmoy1920 Arkansas/Tenn.
21-22 Cartervj-Alabama late Dec/jan.
28-29 teamoutlaw/wratlifky-Kentucky late Dec. or Late Jan.

Feb.
4-5 **Possumfoot, Juvi hunt/Late season Speck hunt(unless someone else new wants it)
11-12 Inda Bros. Conservation Snow goose hunt-Mississippi..sometime in Feb.(unless someone else wants it-speak up if you do!)
18-19 Goodkarmarising Cons. Snow goose hunt-Missouri...sometime feb.-march
25-26
March
3-4
10-11
17-18
.......till conservation goose season ends.

O.K., here are the ground rules...

1. Contact the guy that is to have the deek before you to make mailing arrangements and send him your address. The deek will be shipped out on Mondays, received by the next guy in line on prob. thursday to give him time to hunt over the deek on the weekend (with the exception of Jaysweet on his Canada trip-Papachessie will mail it out so he has it for the 19th ). Please try to ship it out before 10 am and keep in touch with the next guy in line to work things out between each other. It's up to you if you want to overnight the deek. some have offered to do this for when the deek is traveling some distance, and around the holidays to ensure the deek gets there in time.

2. Try and schedule a hunt with fellow DHC members in your area so that more people can hunt over the deek. You do not have to take them to your #1 honey hole if you do not want to. pick a public marsh if possible and have fun with it.

3. A journal will be sent around with the deek. write down a story about the hunt with the deek. The deek will be mailed back to Dave @ Church decoys at the end of the season. We can vote on if we want to send the journal with it or not.

4. Take plenty of pics.!! We want to see the landscape the deek is hunted in so let's see it floating in your spread (or in the filed for you goose hunters.. :biggrin: ) We expect a post on this thread about your hunt and we want a tally of birds. Please put this at the top of your post so we can add it up as we go.

5. A paint pen will be provided with the deek so everyone that hunts with the deek can sign the bottom of the deek-please don't loose it. WRITE SMALL!! a lot of people need to sign the deek, try to take up as little room as possible. Thanks!

4. As most of you know, I had a mojo bag made up by the Voodoo Lady. The bag will be sealed with a zip-tie. DO NOT OPEN THE BAG! The instructions will be included in the box with the deek-written on the first page of the journal, follow them and keep the mojo going.

5. A box is included with the deek for tokens from the hunt. Throw in something memorable from the hunt and unique to your state. Please do not put full wings or any parts of the flesh from birds in the box, it will start to stink bad! Feathers are fine, if that is what you want to add. Just find something unique if you can... :thumbsup:

6. Have fun! Here's to a memorable season, and Full straps...now lets go bust some caps!! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
HNTFSH said:
Inda - you wanna clean up the dates and take away the optional? I'm good with Oct 29/30.
yea HNTFSH, I just copied the schedule from the sign up thread. still waiting on final season dates in some states, but looks like the way it's scheduled we will avoid any changes... :thumbsup:

#5 ·
HNTFSH said:
Cool. Thanks. I'm just finally happy the Great Buckeye State posted ours this morning.
so no conflics?? you mind posting the final schedule for me on this thread...doubt I'll need it, but you never know...

#7 ·
13space82 said:
Kentucky Finalized our dates this week

Nov. 24-27
Dec. 5-Jan. 29
i could have told you that when the fed finalized the season framework...

idk if our dates are set yet or not, but i can tell ya the dates...

thanksgiving weekend (the sat and sun) then reopens the first sat in december and runs till the last sunday in january.

#8 ·
Indaswamp said:
HNTFSH said:
Cool. Thanks. I'm just finally happy the Great Buckeye State posted ours this morning.
so no conflics?? you mind posting the final schedule for me on this thread...doubt I'll need it, but you never know...
I'm good on our split either way (I live on the split line) to glue the deke to the Plond. This year Plond is North Zone, used to be South. And I'm still good for Oct 29/30 or Dec 31/Jan1. Deke might get a field hunt in later December though - just depends on ice.

Duck
The duck hunting season in the North Zone is October 15-30, followed by a second segment that opens November 19 through January 1. In the South Zone, duck season is open October 22 through November 6, followed by a second segment that opens December 17 and runs through January 29, 2012.

Goose
The goose season for the remainder of the North Zone is October 15 through October 30, with a second segment that runs from November 19 through January 1, 2012 and a third segment from January 9-22, 2012. In the South Zone, goose season is October 22 through November 20 followed by a second segment that opens December 17 and runs through January 29, 2012.

#9 ·
possumfoot said:
13space82 said:
Kentucky Finalized our dates this week

Nov. 24-27
Dec. 5-Jan. 29
i could have told you that when the fed finalized the season framework...

idk if our dates are set yet or not, but i can tell ya the dates...

thanksgiving weekend (the sat and sun) then reopens the first sat in december and runs till the last sunday in january.
Yes, I could have done the same thing. But it wasn't official yet so I didn't post. I'm glad you are so on top of things. You aren't the only one that can see a pattern. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
HNTFSH said:
Indaswamp said:
HNTFSH said:
I'm good on our split either way (I live on the split line) to glue the deke to the Plond. This year Plond is North Zone, used to be South. And I'm still good for Oct 29/30 or Dec 31/Jan1. Deke might get a field hunt in later December though - just depends on ice.

Duck
The duck hunting season in the North Zone is October 15-30, followed by a second segment that opens November 19 through January 1. In the South Zone, duck season is open October 22 through November 6, followed by a second segment that opens December 17 and runs through January 29, 2012.

Goose
The goose season for the remainder of the North Zone is October 15 through October 30, with a second segment that runs from November 19 through January 1, 2012 and a third segment from January 9-22, 2012. In the South Zone, goose season is October 22 through November 20 followed by a second segment that opens December 17 and runs through January 29, 2012.
Shoot some darn ditch chickens over that thing. I know your dogs big enough to pack the decoy around.

#14 ·
lostpup said:
HNTFSH said:
lostpup said:
Shoot some darn ditch chickens over that thing. I know your dogs big enough to pack the decoy around.
lol..lostpup...man...I'd do a combo day and strap her across the dogs back but that don't open till Nov 4th.
What a bummer would have been nice.
I'll make sure I post up something special pic-wise for you when season hits. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
O.K. guys...the deek and the mojo along with all the other goodies are packed up and on their way to Blackcloud this morning. :thumbsup: I was waiting to mail it off because I had a lady lined up to make a journal out of alligator hide, but it is not finished in time so I bought a leather journal and sent that with the deek.
BTW- the instructions for the mojo bag are on the first page of the journal. :thumbsup:

Blackcloud will be hunting the deek Sept. 1st.....Let's start this season off with a bang! :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

...Also, the trinket box is small...maybe 5" x 5" x 5" so the items will have to be small unless someone can get a bigger box to mail the rambler around in.

#16 ·
is it being sent usps or other??? cause if its in a box of much size and sent usps i may not be able to get it..

CUJO????

#19 ·
HNTFSH said:
I just want it to be known the deke had NO holes in it before I sent it to Jehler! :lol3: Jehler - you want it USPS or UPS?
:lol: :lol: that's funy HNTFSH! :yes: :hammer: :hammer:
It's being sent UPS to Blackcloud870...

#21 ·
possumfoot said:
is it being sent usps or other??? cause if its in a box of much size and sent usps i may not be able to get it..

CUJO????
The current box it is in now is about 18" wide X 10" tall X 18" long...

#23 ·
Indaswamp said:
possumfoot said:

CUJO????
that is to big for one of the pick up boxes..

i think fed-ex or ups is faster anyhow.

#26 ·
possumfoot said:
Indaswamp said:
possumfoot said:

CUJO????
that is to big for one of the pick up boxes..

i think fed-ex or ups is faster anyhow.
oops, my bad...that's the mod. deek box that lostpup sent me...

the miss. flyway box is 13" long X 12" wide X 9" high...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.