Waterfowl Hunting Journal?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Waterfowl Hunting Journal?

Postby cast-n-blast » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:10 pm

I'm looking at putting together a nice journal w/ pictures and info. Does anyone know where to buy a nice journal/ log book (preferably leather or similar material) with a specific place to put pictures ? I've heard of some hunting journals coming with pages that have a specific place for pics along with lines for specific waterfowling info (weather, type of birds, etc), I just can't find one.
:toofunny:
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:42 pm

find somebody that does scrapbooking. they could help you. i know some women that are crazy about scrapbooking and do all kinds of stuff with it.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:46 pm

hehe.. donells a scrapbooker!

:umm: :eek:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:54 pm

My wife does scrapbooking... I'm looking for something a little more professional.
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:57 pm

Cast-n-blast,

I thought I saw a photo album similar to what you are talking about in this years Ducks Unlimited holiday catilog. You might check that out.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:09 pm

:toofunny: i love my scrapbooking.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:11 pm

you dont have to cover it up by saying its your wifes. I know you have a whole craft room to yourself. Just like I have a whole room dedicated to fly tying. To each his own...

Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:22 pm

Thanks Mike,
The DU leather journal is exactly what I was looking for. By the way, have you tried the new otter's soft eggs from montana fly co.? They are awsome for the spring spawn. Tie one or two on your 2488 w/ a little white high vis. egg yarn & you are golden. :thumbsup:
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:19 pm

I saw those DU journals in my catalog. I think I'm gonna get one and start making a journal for each season. I think it would be neat in a few years to look back at them and see pictures of hunts and stuff.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:30 pm

cast-

I had not seen those specific eggs, but usually fish a huge egg pattern I made myself. I LOVE flyfishing. Steelhead, salmon, bass, trout, crappie, CARP! Anything man, on a flyrod its way better!

Glad you found what you were looking for. I think I might get one too. What was the price on it anyway?

mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:51 pm

Mike,
Good to hear that there are other anglers on this forum (I'm new to DHC). Looks like they're $49.00 + s/h. They look super nice and are 80 pages bound in leather. There is also a photo album that is leather bound as well. But looking at the journal, you should be able to attach a photo on the left hand side (or the back) of each page.

Tight Lines & Happy Hunt'n :salude:

cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:05 am

Have you ever thought of keeping one on your computer? I have had the Ultimate Waterfowler Journal on my computer for 3 years and it's great to read back through after the season. You can draw out your decoy spread and run reports on how many birds you've shot.

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:58 pm

I would consider a computer journal, but I have had the problem of constantly crashing hard drives... and it would suck to have somthing like that lost. Besides, there's nothing better than having a hard copy to read in bed the night before a hunt, something to help keep you tossing & turning in anticipation for an extra hour or so...you know what I mean.

cast-n-blast
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole