Attention DH7...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Attention DH7...

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:32 pm

Chris, got the bear jerky today (USPS wouldn't drop it off and I couldn't get to the PO until today) and I'll be damned if that ain't some GOOOOD stuff! You still need to let me pay you for the shipping at least. Especially after I saw the price. :eek: :eek: :eek:

One bag went with me to work and was gone in about 5 minutes. A Vietnamese lady I work with snatched up 6 pieces of it cause she said bear had some kind of medicinal something associated with it.

The other bag is in the truck and will be eaten this weekend while I'm out on the lake with a cold beer. :thumbsup:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:03 am

Ol yeller... dont fergit to send some to yer buddy 'ol pal up in Alaska :mrgreen:

What kind of bear is it? and how did they season it?
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:10 am

i'll bet that is good! i can eat just about any kind of wild game jerky! it's one of the best snacks there is!
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:46 pm

Caleb - glad to hear you liked it! We'll settle up the tab at a bar some time after a hunt. Til then, it's on me.

ARN - It was some meat a buddy of mine had left over from his black bear hunt here in Colorado. I use a pre-mix spice pack and add garlic powder and liquid smoke. I usually add a little heat like cayanne or tobasco but this didn't really need it. I've got a couple pounds left that I may try some terriaki on. There are a few other secrets that help, but if I let those out, these guy's wouldn't be bringing me all this meat to make jerky out of. I usually make some for them and take my payment out in meat for myself. Next time I get a bunch, I'll drop ya a line if you want to try some.

:salude:
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:50 pm

You got it, Chris. I need to talk with the other Chris (Briley, moduckhunter) about getting a snow hunt going on next February. Let me know if you would want to go if I can get it set up and we'll settle up then.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:32 pm

I'd be interested in that. I'll shoot you an e-mail about another opportunity. :salude:
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:36 pm

10-4...
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole