!!A SERIOUS STORY OF GLOBAL WARMING!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

!!A SERIOUS STORY OF GLOBAL WARMING!!

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:09 pm

One day Chicken Little was in the farm yard scratching up some food when an acorn fell from the huge oak tree and smacked her right on the head. Well, it scared her so much that she began running all around the farm yard. She didn't know what to do.

"Help! Help!" she screamed as she ran. "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" Then she stopped to think. "I must run and tell the king," she said to herself.

Through the yard and down the road she ran. Along the way she met her friend, Henny Penny.

"Where are you going in such a hurry, Chicken Little?" asked Henny Penny.

"Oh, my! It's a terrible thing! The sky is falling," said Chicken Little. "I'm on my way to tell the king."

"Well," said Henny Penny. "Allow me to go with you." And down the road they ran together as fast as they could. Soon they met Ducky Lucky.

"Good morning, Chicken Little and Henny Penny," said Ducky Lucky. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling! We're going to tell the king!" said Chicken Little and Henny Penny together.

"Oh dear, oh dear! We'd better all go together!" said Ducky Lucky.

So they all ran down the road as fast as they could. Soon they met Goosey Loosey walking down the roadside.

"Hello there." said Goosey Loosey. "Where are you all going in such a hurry?"

"We're running to the king's palace!" said Chicken Little, Henny Penny and Ducky Lucky. "We've got to tell him that the sky is falling."

"The sky is falling?" said Goosey Loosey. "How do you know the sky is falling?"

"A piece of it hit me on the head," said Chicken Little.

"Then I'll go with you," replied Goosey Loosey.

And they all ran as fast as they could toward the king's palace. Before long they met Turkey Lurkey strutting back and forth.

"Hello Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, and Goosey Loosey." said Turkey Lurkey. "Where are you all going in such a hurry?"

"We're running for our lives!" said Henny Penny.

"Yes," interrupted Ducky Lucky. "We must go to the king's palace."

"We must tell him that the sky is falling," said Ducky Lucky.

"Yes," said Chicken Little. "It happened in my farm yard. I saw it with my own eyes, and part of it fell on my head!"

"Oh, dear," said Turkey Lurkey. "I'd better run with you."

So the five friends ran as fast as they could. On the way they met Foxy Loxy.

"Well, well," said Foxy Loxy: "Where are you rushing on such a fine day?"

Together, Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, Turkey Lurkey yelled, "It's not a fine day at all. The sky is falling, and we're running to tell the king!"

"Oh, my!" said Foxy Loxy. "This is serious! Well then, follow me, and I'll show you a shortcut to the king's palace."

So Foxy Loxy led Chicken Little, Henny Penny, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, and Turkey Lurkey across a field and through the woods. He led them straight to his den, but just as they were about to enter, a little squirrel whispered to Chicken Little, "Don't go in! Don't go in! He wants to make you his supper. You'll never see the King!"

The friends turned and ran in different directions and eventually managed to get back to their homes. But they never did see the king to tell him that the sky was falling.

:salude:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:19 pm

well said...though i'm not exactly sure WHAT was said. lol.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:37 pm

Its a nursery ryme I was brought up with. It just reminds me of global warming is all.

:toofunny:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:40 pm

i think you missed the part where i made ducky lucky into kabobs... i must say that story was pretty intense there for a bit...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Well done. What people don't realise is that in between the regular big ice ages, that there are mini ice ages as well. The last one was back in the seventeen hundreds. All the data we've collected since then shows a warming trend that they have nothing to compare it against because there was no technology around previous to that to accurately show how normal/abnormal this activity is. People are still working off of studies done years ago by an small group of "scientists" who adjusted results to get the data they wnted to get rather than what was really there. At one point during the "primordial soup" stage of earths development average temps during the day reached 125 degrees. It is extremely arrogant to believe that we, as people, could have such a impact over such a short period of time. If there were honest, unbiased studies out there that proved this was happening, that would be one thing. But since the information necessary to prove this is actually happening because of people, and not because we are, in fact, in the middle of a warming trend that started befroe the industrial revolution, is unavailable, I can't fully buy into it. Voodoo Science at its best. I find that outdoorsmen, and especially hunters, donate more of their time, money, resources, and talent towards fixing real environmental problems than these idiots who'll call themselves environmentalists, go to a few protests a year, and maybe plant a tree on Arbor day. Politically and conservation-wise, it's easy to see who're the the people who whine about problems, and who're the people who work to correct the problems. Sorry about the rant.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby kms399 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:06 pm

that story took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride.

i think i see the connection though :yes:
another one bites the dust
kms399
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:46 pm

Well said Clutchfan. I always try to remind the global warming people that Northern Canada used to be tropical and the earth is just slowly warming back to its normal state. They always give me an odd look.

This rock we live on is in constant flux. There isn't anything we can or should do about controlling global temperatures. They are going to change whether we like it or not.

I heard on the radio today that an expedition to study global warming in Antarctica had to be scrubbed because of unseasonably cold and snowy weather. You talk about irony. :hammering:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole