What would you do?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:43 pm

I had some idiot threaten to shoot my dog when I was hunting, because my dog and his dog got into it. Niether of the dogs got hurt.

So, I told him to do it! See what happens next! :pissed: More than likely I woulda BLASTED HIM! :yes:

Needless to say I talked to the guy who owns the club he was hunting on, and well lets just say he doesn't hunt there anymore. :salude:
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Re: one question

Postby PAwaterfowldominator » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:41 pm

BurnZ wrote:
PAwaterfowldominator wrote: I would kill someone in a heartbeat without even thinking twice about it if they killed or hurt my dog..

So if you were standing there, and your dog all of a sudden took off and you started to attack someone (Not saying your dog would just a "what if"), and they defended themselfs and in turn your dog gets hurt or dies. you would walk over to that person and kill them. now that's a bit over the top don't you think.

I don't know what I'd do in that situation to be honest with you.. The way I see it is that I look at my dog like a brother.. Self defense or not, if someone beat my dog to death I can guarentee I'd be going to jail, not sure if for murder but I'd be seeing jail time.
PAwaterfowldominator
hunter

Postby choclabwife » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:53 pm

Plainsman wrote: "Why would you take anyone unable to defend themselves, to an area that you know has protective dogs in the first place?? I wouldn't be letting my girls wander around if I knew there are coyote packs that hunt that territory. A little more common sense on both sides is needed"

Hi all, I thought I could clear up some stuff here. It was me, choclabs wife, walking around the woods while he was fishing in the river, not a kid. I am well accustomed to dogs and animals and am not afraid of dogs at all, even after being bit twice trying to break up a fight between a great dane and maggie last year, I understand that dogs protect their territory and I respect that...
I was just walking around checking things out, went up the trail running up the side of the river and turned to come back. These people live right off the river and have set up a deck type thing with deck furniture and decorations on an old railroad bridge thing, their property is probably a good 100 yards or more off the river. When I turned to go back the way I had come I saw these people sitting on their deck, they waved to me and then all the sudden I had like 7 dogs running at me barking, they called and all but the HUGE white boxer ran back to them. The boxer approached me, I stopped, put out my hand for it to sniff, not trying to pet it just let it know that I wasn't doing anything wrong. It had it's ruff up and was growling but seemed to let up afer sniffing my hand, so I went to move on down the trail AWAY from it's owners and it proceeded to immediately block my path again growling with it's ruff up but being more intense about it this time. The owners were watching this THE WHOLE TIME...after the dog blocking me for about 30 seconds (I just didn't move, if I had I have no doubt that I would have gotten a nice bite...) they finally called her and she immedately left to go back to them. I didn't say anything, and I don't aggree with Josh that this dog should be put down or killed or what have you, but it wasn't right for those people to just watch that all happen...afterwards Josh told me that their other dogs, the goldens had acted agressivly towards him and now I wonder if these people arent raising their dogs a certain way to get that way? The goldens came running at me but turned back when they were called. Somethings just wrong with the whole picture I guess. Anyway sorry thats so long I just thought I could clear up some of the stuff Josh said.

Sierra
choclabwife
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole