The last 24

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

The last 24

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:04 pm

I don't want to relive the last 24 hrs cause they sucked big time. Last night the wife had a dr.s apointment and got sent to the hospital for some more IV treatment for her vasculitus. She had to stay over night and so I called work to let them know I would be late comming in. I wake up at 6:00 am to the wounderful feeling of a kidney stone on the move but grit my teeth and get on with the day cause the pain will pass. Go to hospital to get the wife and the Dr. sees me and says you look like you need to stay and he will order a KUB and some meds for my pain to which I say I have to go to work and will go tomorrow for the KUB, and away we go to home then I head into work. I just enter the plant when one of my work buddies asks if I heard about Brian ? ( I have been friends with and worked with him for the last 17 years ) I say no did he have another heart attack to which John answers yes and he died, you need to go to the auditorium in 2 minutes time for a meeting about it. Get thru that and then go out and try to concentrate on the work at hand and the damnd stone starts in again and won't let up. Take some toridal and some buskipan to ease the pain. Get off work come home and then to the Dr.s office to get the requisition for the KUB and instead he sends me packin for the Hospital for an IV and pain meds. Get that over with and get back home and the youngest girl calls to let us know that she is headed back to her sisters cause Michelle is headed back to the hospital and the dr. is going to break her water if it doesn't happen on its own this time. Man its been one heck of a 24 hrs. and I still have to go for that damnd KUB tomorrow. Hope you all had better days than mine.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:55 pm

I cant say I feel you, but I can say that you had a better day than some people. I will continue to pray for your family and the new addition. All will turn out in the end. :smile:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby slowshooter » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:18 pm

Wow. That's not just 24 hours... that sounds like a bad month packed into one day. I sure hope things get better for you and soon.

Best,
Slow
All this for a bowl of borscht.
slowshooter
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:59 am

sometimes bad days happen to the best of us....here in colorado we hope that things get better because we have bad days, months and years...we will be prayin all that things go well for ya Greg!!!
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby goosecaller » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:12 am

when it rains it pours. hope that things make turn for the better for you.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:30 am

That definitely sounds like a bad month packed into a day. I hope all turns out well for you.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby Captain16 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:16 am

Goodness, that is one wild 24 hour ride. Sorry to hear about your friend and your wife, and you as well. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep your head up as it will get better.
Captain16
hunter

Postby SubDoc » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:03 am

Great Googley Moogley......

Someone already said it..... that's not a bad day, that's a bad month.

My prayers to you and your family.
SubDoc
Newb

Postby Merganser » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:07 am

Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations, Greg. Hang in there pal.
Merganser
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:58 pm

Sorry to hear that Greg. Thoughts are coming at ya from downunder! :salude:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:29 pm

Thanks, folks for you prayers and well wishes. Things are looking better as I passed the stone last nite while I was King of the throne room after drinking the bottle of liquid plummer and taking the two blasting caps they gave me to prepare for the IVP today. Whew! That was a crappy experiance :laughing: Any way the wife is feeling some what better as the seroids and potasium have done what they are suposed to and as for my buddy his family is coping with his passing as are the rest of us. Again I thank you all.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby 2 tollers » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:42 pm

Greg - glad things worked out. :thumbsup: This year a couple of people at the office have suffered from kidney stones - does not look like a pleasant experience.
Take Care
Hugh
2 tollers
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:40 pm

Greg, I'm so sorry you've been having a rough go of it lately, but I am glad to hear that things are looking up! Keep your chin up, and I'll be thinking about you!

Katie
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:04 pm

How is your daughter doing?

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:11 am

Greg, Sorry to hear that....

Hope things werk out better real soon :thumbsup:
-Stouff