hey so where do you all hunt

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

hey so where do you all hunt

Postby locopuro18 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:17 pm

where are the places hat you like to hunt and wut are they like? about how many ducks do u think you got there his past hunting season

i hunt sauvie island between the columbia and willamate rivers in between oregon and washington, there are two sides, the east and west and some goose hunting in the middle, i usually hunt the west but we draw for numbers and if i gt a high number i go to the east side where its first come first serve for hunters after the people woo put in for the draw get their blinds, good hunting especially when it floods, here are corn fields and i think the plant rice but i usually get shovelers, teal, mallards, and my share of widgeon, in the flooded time pintailss come in by the hundreds
locopuro18
hunter

Postby Marshwalker » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:37 pm

I hunt in the Pecan island area in Cameron parish. Our property was hit bad by the hurricane. And didnt think we would have a good season. but we did, and we hunt in the marsh and suprisingly since the saltwater killed our marsh we had tons of pintail pooring in. alright season. :thumbsup:
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:59 pm

We have no ducks in Arizona.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:25 pm

I hunt on our family wetland. We all usually limit out on a few species on opening and after that we get dribs and drabs. Its all about waist deep and wadeable. Otherwise I hunt rivers which especially on rainy days can offer superb hunting. Opening is only 1 week away. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :salude: :salude: :getdown: :getdown:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Marshwalker » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:43 pm

LUCKY , mine is about 7 months away.... :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby KpHonknImRloadn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:48 pm

Northern Illinois. We mainly hunt corn/bean fields. We do a little bit of hunting on the water. Had a pretty good year.
KpHonknImRloadn
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:52 pm

Private land. Couple of farm ponds which are really good and a piece of land called "The Bouge" which is pretty much a marsh with a bunch of cattails, flooded timber, and reeds this place provides SOME OF THE BEST HUNTING EVER!
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:05 pm

how long have you been hunting Sauvie loco? I hunt out there myself. usually i hunt down on the Lower Columbia River, but occasionally i hit up the west side at sauvies if i feel like a quick morning hunt.

welcome to the board... :welcome:
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:50 pm

I hunt kansas
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby ucaduckhunter » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:41 pm

Arkansas.

Wherever there are ducks and few people.

One week away, that must be nice.

Around my house life happens for three months out of the year. The other nine are spent preparing.
If you love something let it go. If it doesn't come back to you then hunt it down, kill it, and eat it.
ucaduckhunter
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:59 pm

[quote="LIGHT12"]We have no ducks in Arizona.[/quote :laughing:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby goosehunter64 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:39 pm

North and NorthCentral IL.
We may take an odd trip a lil farther south.
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

where do I want to hunt?

Postby ducilla1479 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:21 pm

One week till opening day??? There is something wrong!
I need to fly south!

You guys enjoy your day :thumbsup:

Oh yea, I don't think there are birds in Nevada either(being so close to Arizona and all)
"LETS ROLL"
ducilla1479
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:38 am

:withstupid: Yep my trigger fingers developed an itchy rash! I had to endure pain watching you guys smack ducks and now you'll have to do the same.
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby locopuro18 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:52 am

i've been hunting there for two years now ever since they closed down my old spot, i usually hunt mud lake on the west side and mud hen or racetrack on the east,

have you ever gotten any woodys on sauvi? i dont think ive eve gotten one... :thumbsdown:
locopuro18
hunter

Postby Merganser » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:56 am

I hunt Hyde County, North Carolina. We had a so, so season last year. Got alot of Teal, a few Widgeon, Mallards, Ringnecks, Blackducks, Pintails and of course a ton of Mergansers. We hunt flooded corn and rice in private impounds.
Good luck down there in New Zealand, Kiwi. Shoot alot and scare some of those ducks to the states!
Merganser
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:05 am

swamps and corn fields in michigan
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby locopuro18 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:34 am

any ther people ever hunted in oregon?
locopuro18
hunter

Postby BurnZ » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:40 am

Northern Minnesota (great for wood ducks) and the one week of epic hunting in south dakota with the old man.
BurnZ
hunter

Postby locopuro18 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:52 am

have any of you guys heard of the mandarin duck? its in the family of the wood duck and they are from asia or something, they kindof look like them, well i was hunting with my dad and when we checked out we were talking to some other hunters and we were showing eachother our ducks, they said they got a woody but it was one of thse mandarin ducks, look up the picture
locopuro18
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:55 am

Well I hunt Eastern South Dakota. Usually hunt bean,corn, wheat fields and also sloughs and small lakes. Shot alot of geese, mallards, widgeons, teal, red heads, pintails, gadwals, and a ton of wood ducks.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby BurnZ » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:31 am

locopuro18 wrote:have any of you guys heard of the mandarin duck? its in the family of the wood duck and they are from asia or something, they kindof look like them, well i was hunting with my dad and when we checked out we were talking to some other hunters and we were showing eachother our ducks, they said they got a woody but it was one of thse mandarin ducks, look up the picture

Yep these are the coolest looking duck i have ever seen. The Madarin ducks are found in east asia and Japan. I have never heard of one in the US. But they do sell them as pets, so it probably was a former pet. It would be awsome to have on of those ducks mounted. Here's a pick for you
http://www.backyardbirdcam.com/gallery/mandarin.htm
BurnZ
hunter

Postby locopuro18 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:51 pm

that mus be it, cuz i had seen them online before and new they werent from here so i was shocked, :pissed: i havent even gotten 1 woody... :thumbsdown:
locopuro18
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:18 pm

There isn’t any ducks in Northern NY either. So my wife bought me one of those video games were I get to shoot them with my electric toy shot gun, when they fly by. :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:38 pm

:withstupid: Maybe one day Ill beat the game. :laughing:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Next

Return to The Honey Hole