Croc 1 Chainsaw 0

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Croc 1 Chainsaw 0

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:17 pm

Croc 1 Chainsaw 0
BBC NEWS ^ | April 30th | BBC News

Aussie chainsaw croc runs amok
A crocodile in northern Australia has chased a storm-clearance worker up a tree and made off with his chainsaw. The 4.4m (14.5ft) saltwater crocodile called Brutus apparently took exception to the noise of the saw.

The worker was clearing a tree that fell on the crocodile enclosure at the Corroboree Park Tavern, 80km (50 miles) east of the northern city of Darwin.

Brutus chewed on the chainsaw for 90 minutes, reducing it to pieces. Neither man nor beast was injured.

Northern Australia has an estimated 100,000 saltwater crocodiles. Worker Freddy Buckland was cutting a tree that had fallen as a result of a recent tropical cyclone.

Peter Shappert, the tavern's owner, said the crocodile jumped from the water and sped 20ft to the tree.

"It must have been the noise... I don't think he was actually trying to grab Freddy, but I'm not sure. He had a fair go at him... I think he just grabbed the first thing he could and it happened to be the chainsaw," he told the Associated Press news agency.

Tavern co-owner Linda Francis said: "Fred virtually gave him the chainsaw, shoved it at him.

"It was still going and he took the chainsaw onto the ground and proceeded to smash it and it stalled. The crocodile didn't cut himself, just broke a few teeth."

Mr Shappert said the saw was destroyed.

"He chewed on the chainsaw for about an hour-and-a-half, then we finally got it out."

Saltwater crocodiles are known to attack small boats, apparently disturbed by the sound of outboard motors
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Croc 1 Chainsaw 0

Postby choclab » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:24 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Saltwater crocodiles are known to attack small boats, apparently disturbed by the sound of outboard motors

Thank God for electric trolling motors, huh?
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:28 am

well that would have been something to see... at least noone was hurt
"Take 'em"
duckplucker
hunter

Postby gvegas88 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:39 pm

I guarantee i'll remember that next time I fire mine up, but it won't be a problem here
Tyler
gvegas88
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:56 pm

I wonder if Alligators are similarly aggitated?

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:01 pm

Having ample experience around alligators I can say that they usually submerge in the water and stay hidden when a boat passes or if they get surprised by a very loud noise...even the 10+ footers react that way.
Biggest I've seen measured 14.25 feet. The head on that thing was monsterous.

American Alligator pound-for-pound has the strongest bite of any organism onthe planet.. take that salt croc
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole