See if this pisses you off

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Tue May 02, 2006 4:16 am

Benelli Slinger wrote:not to step on anyones toes, but this just goes to show how anyone can be brainwashed by "scripture" or speakings of the devine, what nonsense, i have no problem with any religion or whatever you want to believe, but imho the fact of the matter is, there is no God, there is no santa clause (sorry gooseboy), there is no easter bunny (sorry again). any idea of a super human power is simply nonsense, religion explains nothing about the universe and merely exploits the weakness of people fearing the unknown. people instictivly blame God for questions they cannot answer "why does the sun rise bob?" "i dont know george, it must be God"
i dont mind saying God in the pledge, i dont think God should be taken out of school, i simply reject the idea, but that doesnt give me the right to choose for you. i also do not think people need God and church to decide what is right and wrong, any decent human being knows the difference between good, bad, right and wrong.

please do not dislike me for my ideas and views on life because i do not dislike you for yours, and please dont call me athiest, i dont "follow" anything, i believe in science and physics and things i can prove.

as for the people in these videos, with God out of the question, they are wrong, disrespectful, mean, sick and vile people with some very wrong ideas. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

You know what? There is no good Duck hunter. Dont hate my opinions or get upset guys but I really hate duck Hunting. Its so cruel! In fact some scientists say that duck feel pain and loss just like humans.
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue May 02, 2006 5:38 am

BS, I respect your views. But the thing that really made me think is this: The astronuats who are a pretty scientific/intellecual group of guys, those that have flown in space all have pretty much said there must be a God to have created Earth and the Universe. All have had a heightened sense of God after returning to land. Just food for thought is all.

As for the idiots, the 1% are out there all amongst us everyday. :mrgreen:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby scott m ward » Tue May 02, 2006 7:58 am

BS,
I also wanted to express that I respect your point of view. I have two best friends; one is a self proclaimed athiest, the other is an ordained minister :toofunny: We all may not agree on all things, but we all get along, and we all agree that those protesters/phelps are a bunch of idiots with no respect for anyone or anything.
However I do have a question for you....what do you mean" theres no Santa Clause???"
S-
You did a great job with this coot sandwich! Tastes almost as good as your sliced shoveler loaf!
scott m ward
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Tue May 02, 2006 11:20 am

Or Easter Bunny :eek: :thumbsdown: :help: :umm: :oops:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby Boomn4x4 » Tue May 02, 2006 12:05 pm

My two cents about the whole religion thing.....

I don't think religion should be taught, or preched or pushed upon anyone. I consider my personal faith private. I think children should be exposed to religion, but in its entirity, not filtered by denomination. They would then be able to choose their own beliefs as they mature. If they choose to follow the path of a particular organized religion they would have done so by making their own decision. Not because they were forced to sit through Catholic, Orhodox, Islamic services their entire life. I think alot of religion is forced on people, and sometimes for the wrong reason
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Tue May 02, 2006 1:43 pm

Boomn4x4 wrote:My two cents about the whole religion thing.....

I don't think religion should be taught, or preched or pushed upon anyone. I consider my personal faith private. I think children should be exposed to religion, but in its entirity, not filtered by denomination. They would then be able to choose their own beliefs as they mature. If they choose to follow the path of a particular organized religion they would have done so by making their own decision. Not because they were forced to sit through Catholic, Orhodox, Islamic services their entire life. I think alot of religion is forced on people, and sometimes for the wrong reason

Words of wisdom there.

BS, sorry for the above post. I was just pointing out that bashing religion on this particular site, where most members are religious, is likely to offend and upset.
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Wed May 03, 2006 6:42 pm

kiwismakebetterhunters wrote:
"BS, sorry for the above post. I was just pointing out that bashing religion on this particular site, where most members are religious, is likely to offend and upset."

i wasn't bashing religion. i did not mean to offend or upset anyone, was simply stating how i feel, when i see God, God talks to me, God returns, or someone can actually prove God by means of scientific method, rather than hypotheses minus supporting evidence ill be all ears.
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby BurnZ » Thu May 04, 2006 8:26 am

:withstupid: I agree with you benelli. Not to offend anyone who believes in God, (wich ever God it may be) but i think religion is all based upon where you are born. If i was born in idnia i would be buddist, middle east you would praise ala, here mostly christian but a little mix of everthing. I beleive there may be some sort of God out there. but you don't have to go to church or a temple and pray or praise to be a good person with values who knows right from wrong.
BurnZ
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole