Surviroman?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Surviroman?

Postby Gooseboy » Mon May 01, 2006 7:16 pm

So while we are on the topics of tv shows and movies.... Does anyone watch Surviroman with Les Stroud? Its on the Science channel and the Discovory channel occasionally.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon May 01, 2006 7:27 pm

Ive watched it a couple of times.

Thats crazy that he has to film it himself...... thats ALOT of back traking just to git the camera :eek:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon May 01, 2006 7:37 pm

Yea i know. One of the really crazy ones was bieng lost at sea. That would suck so bad.

(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby gvegas88 » Mon May 01, 2006 7:40 pm

I've always been curious as to how long i could survive alone in the wilderness, I think i'd like to try it sometime but only if I had a back up plan. :tounge:
Tyler
gvegas88
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon May 01, 2006 7:44 pm

gvegas88 wrote:I've always been curious as to how long i could survive alone in the wilderness, I think i'd like to try it sometime but only if I had a back up plan. :tounge:
:withstupid:

Seriously, I might jsut try sumthin sumtime

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Mon May 01, 2006 7:49 pm

AlaskaRedneK wrote:
gvegas88 wrote:I've always been curious as to how long i could survive alone in the wilderness, I think i'd like to try it sometime but only if I had a back up plan. :tounge:
:withstupid:

Seriously, I might jsut try sumthin sumtime

-Stouff

No no no stouff your in alaska big bears go RAWR and eat you. No but ive always been curious also. Want to try someday.

Gooseboy
Banned

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon May 01, 2006 8:11 pm

the man is a mastermind. watch the credits sometime, he does almost everything including the actual show. i really like the boreal forest episode.

if i could just get lost up there........ i dont think id be back to this rat race.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:45 pm

i love that show no matter what anybody says that would be the perfect job :smile:
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Postby Marshwalker » Tue May 02, 2006 11:41 am

i personally think there is more than one person with him he has to have a crew. he wouldnt back track and go so far out of his way to get the camera shots he gets.
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Tue May 02, 2006 2:35 pm

theres no one else with him he makes sure you know that. its part of the show he talks about how he does this alone.
he did have a camra crew when he did the I shouldn't be alive sicence of survival. but that wasn't his surviorman show.

I think its pretty tight what he does. he shows you that when your lost you can survive.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Tue May 02, 2006 2:53 pm

Dressed2Kill wrote:i personally think there is more than one person with him he has to have a crew. he wouldnt back track and go so far out of his way to get the camera shots he gets.

Im pretty sure he doesnt. Ive seen other survival shows where they act like they are alone but arent. Survivorman is for real.. There was one episode where he got tired of carrying all the cameras and backtracking so he left one back for the crew to pick up...

I have watched the credits and he does alot of it.

Gooseboy
Banned

Return to The Honey Hole