Plasti-Dip wader boot repair...AWESOME!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Plasti-Dip wader boot repair...AWESOME!!

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Saw this on another site recently, thought I'd share...
Most of my waders end up leaking because the rubber boot foot starts getting small micro cracks in them. When this happens-buy a spray can of plasti-dip and some solvent (toluene, xylene, or naptha). Clean the rubber boot foot thoroughly with the solvent to remove dirt and oxidation, then spray with the plasti-dip on the boots evenly-bottom of the boot as well. When you finish spraying the boots, dip the undersole in a layer of sand (this will give you traction. :thumbsup: ) then hang to dry for 4-6 hours. once first coast has dried, re-apply a second coat a little thicker than the first (don't forget to spray over the sand too). Hang and let dry. When finished-you will have a pair of waders that should last you a few more years! :thumbsup: As long as the neoprene is still good....

For about $7-8 bucks-Even Cheap ASSA will approve!!!!! :yes:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Plasti-Dip wader boot repair...AWESOME!!

Postby Iowawaterfowlnut » Wed May 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Thanks for the tip, I have a pair of knee boots suffering from dry rot cracks, I'll have to try this on :thumbsup:
and we can't forget about Ned and his 18,000 different loads shooting 4 million feet per second with 99% pellet count at 240 yards
yards
Iowawaterfowlnut
hunter

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 pm

You can also use it to replace the bottom of your boat with a screen door. :grooving:
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
3legged_lab
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm

3legged_lab wrote:You can also use it to replace the bottom of your boat with a screen door. :grooving:

that's the cheap stuff sold on TV...not the same stuff. :no:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed May 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:You can also use it to replace the bottom of your boat with a screen door. :grooving:

that's the cheap stuff sold on TV...not the same stuff. :no:

and after a day on the water it still floats!
pgquackstacker wrote:Maybe you guys can hunt together and touch barrels.

Redbeard wrote: I simply side step the charging dog and swiftly deliver a judo chop to the back of the neck, temporarily disabling the dog. I then apply a rear naked choke until the dog falls asleep.
3legged_lab
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole