Shave her Head?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup

Shave her head?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:22 am

Give her what she wants (I will shave mine too)
103
58%
Give her what she wants (You will shave yours too)
72
40%
Wait until it starts looking bad
2
1%
Don't do it
2
1%
 
Total votes : 179

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby steve-o » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 pm

To me the doctor that has made all the difference is the surgeon. In the early stages he was more decisive and made better decisions with explanations to back them up. (He made sense) I know there has been and will continue to be many doctors collectively working on Kenlee's case. I am grateful for all of them.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas


Re: Shave her Head?

Postby steve-o » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Chemo in the A.M.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Good luck ! Will send up the prayers :thumbsup:
User avatar
OGblackcloud
State Moderator
 
Posts: 19922
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Minnesota / Calif.

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby ohioboy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Good luck ! Will send up the prayers :thumbsup:

x2
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby steve-o » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:24 pm

thanks guys. :thumbsup:
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby LadyK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:27 pm

I will be praying for y'all in the morning and tomorrow night (no getting sick!).
“I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be **** sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble. ”
LadyK
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 817
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby Natimage » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Praying for an easy session tomorrow! May the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, be with you, your wife and Kenlee!
Natimage
hunter
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 am

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby 18javelin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 am

Hope her session went well today.... still reading up on her, wearing that kenlee krew shirt in pride. :thumbsup:
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 4562
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby steve-o » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:47 pm

thank you guys and LadyK.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby Indawoods » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:37 pm

wore my shirt today. :thumbsup:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.


-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
User avatar
Indawoods
hunter
 
Posts: 6498
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: Gonzales, LA

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby Tinner4 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm

I just read this thread in its entirety; I got all teary eyed, I smiled, I laughed... and I'm so glad to hear she's doing so well! I look up to her for being so strong and so beautiful. It's amazing how children can smile in the hardest of times and warm our hearts; and how selfless they are. I understand being terrified for your kiddo and I commend you on doing such a great job of being strong for her. We will all pray for her and your family. Hope to continue to hear good news!
User avatar
Tinner4
hunter
 
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: Central Nebraska

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby sws002 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Picture on Facebook made my day today, continued prayers Steve-O!
User avatar
sws002
hunter
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby steve-o » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Had mine on too woods.

Tinner look up her Facebook page that sws is referring to - prayers for Kenlee. And thank you for the kind words a prayers. It has been an awful yet amazing journey so far. Just like you said, tears and laughter.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby assateague » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 am

Just tossed up a few more prayers for good measure. Hope things are going well, brother.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21278
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby steve-o » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:31 am

Going great Assa. We had a heck of a good day yesterday. It was nice a warm so we stayed outside all day.

Next chemo and last is April 2nd! Another scan to follow on April 23rd.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby dfrauenkron » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Good to hear, can't wait till we can spend some time outside. Almost there stay strong, think about your family all the time.
User avatar
dfrauenkron
hunter
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 am
Location: SE Minnesota

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby steve-o » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 pm

dfrauenkron wrote:Good to hear, can't wait till we can spend some time outside. Almost there stay strong, think about your family all the time.

Our definition of bad weather probably isn't the same. :Lol3: The rest of the week isn't looking good for the girl's spring break either.

The excitement of chemo ending is strong, and we will celebrate in a grand fashion. But, that doesn't mean she is in the clear. The worry will continue.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby quacknstack6 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:05 pm

steve-o wrote:
dfrauenkron wrote:Good to hear, can't wait till we can spend some time outside. Almost there stay strong, think about your family all the time.

Our definition of bad weather probably isn't the same. :Lol3: The rest of the week isn't looking good for the girl's spring break either.

The excitement of chemo ending is strong, and we will celebrate in a grand fashion. But, that doesn't mean she is in the clear. The worry will continue.

Prayers are still being sent for you brother.
OHIODUCKA5 gives dry hobo jerks at the truck stop.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 7643
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby jehler » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 pm

I don't think I'm alone in saying Kenlee and your fam are in my thoughts everyday, and personally I have not had a single thought that didn't bring a smile, I envision her with smiling face and cancer free, never will I let a negative thought work its way in, stay strong and be positive brah ;)
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17605
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby lumpy2181 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm

jehler wrote:I don't think I'm alone in saying Kenlee and your fam are in my thoughts everyday, and personally I have not had a single thought that didn't bring a smile, I envision her with smiling face and cancer free, never will I let a negative thought work its way in, stay strong and be positive brah ;)

:thumbsup: (that is my version of a "Facebook" style "like" on DHC)

Hearing your updates on the successes that Kenlee is having is extremely helpful. When I get upset and down about the miniscule issues in my life, I think of what she has been through and has overcome, and it brings a solid level of perspective on what is actually important in life. I am so happy to hear that she is doing better every time I log in and see there is a new post on here. I continue to pray that all ends well and you guys have many, many years together.
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
User avatar
lumpy2181
hunter
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:10 pm
Location: Southern NC

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby steve-o » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 pm

lumpy2181 wrote:
jehler wrote:I don't think I'm alone in saying Kenlee and your fam are in my thoughts everyday, and personally I have not had a single thought that didn't bring a smile, I envision her with smiling face and cancer free, never will I let a negative thought work its way in, stay strong and be positive brah ;)

:thumbsup: (that is my version of a "Facebook" style "like" on DHC)

Hearing your updates on the successes that Kenlee is having is extremely helpful. When I get upset and down about the miniscule issues in my life, I think of what she has been through and has overcome, and it brings a solid level of perspective on what is actually important in life. I am so happy to hear that she is doing better every time I log in and see there is a new post on here. I continue to pray that all ends well and you guys have many, many years together.

Thanks John. :thumbsup: As time has gone on I still have my ups and down, but there is a lot more up than down.

Thanks Lumpy. Look back at the first page. I get a laugh out of Jehler's first post in this thread. You are right about minuscule issues. Realizing that makes life easier. Little things that are just that, little. I just wish it didn't take this happening to Kenlee for me to have figured it out.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5508
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby AKPirate » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 pm

steve-o wrote:
lumpy2181 wrote:
jehler wrote:I don't think I'm alone in saying Kenlee and your fam are in my thoughts everyday, and personally I have not had a single thought that didn't bring a smile, I envision her with smiling face and cancer free, never will I let a negative thought work its way in, stay strong and be positive brah ;)

:thumbsup: (that is my version of a "Facebook" style "like" on DHC)

Hearing your updates on the successes that Kenlee is having is extremely helpful. When I get upset and down about the miniscule issues in my life, I think of what she has been through and has overcome, and it brings a solid level of perspective on what is actually important in life. I am so happy to hear that she is doing better every time I log in and see there is a new post on here. I continue to pray that all ends well and you guys have many, many years together.

Thanks John. :thumbsup: As time has gone on I still have my ups and down, but there is a lot more up than down.

Thanks Lumpy. Look back at the first page. I get a laugh out of Jehler's first post in this thread. You are right about minuscule issues. Realizing that makes life easier. Little things that are just that, little. I just wish it didn't take this happening to Kenlee for me to have figured it out.


Prayers sent everyday and God bless.
User avatar
AKPirate
hunter
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby ohioboy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 pm

steve-o wrote:
dfrauenkron wrote:Good to hear, can't wait till we can spend some time outside. Almost there stay strong, think about your family all the time.

Our definition of bad weather probably isn't the same. :Lol3: The rest of the week isn't looking good for the girl's spring break either.

The excitement of chemo ending is strong, and we will celebrate in a grand fashion. But, that doesn't mean she is in the clear. The worry will continue.


Dads tend to worry don't they.... Prayers sent.
User avatar
ohioboy
hunter
 
Posts: 2405
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: MoCo, MD

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 am

I send thoughts/prayers/well-wishes your way daily Steve-o. i am so glad that the chemo is coming to an end soon. my kenlee's krew shirt is awaiting opening day of turkey season a little over a month from now.
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF God!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A CHIN :mad: .
User avatar
Professor_Leakey
hunter
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Marsh Vegas

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby RyanOvertime » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:19 am

Steve, I am new to this board and Your post caught my eye. My Wife was just recently diagnosed with stage 3b Hodgkins lymphoma while 17 weeks pregnant. We made the decision to keep the baby and start treatment, 8 treatments down, this past Saturday she gave birth to our daughter, who is completely healthy and strong. My wife will resume her treatment in a few weeks. Both wife and baby are doing great.

We will both be praying for your daughter and your family as well. She will pull through and this.
Image
User avatar
RyanOvertime
hunter
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Vacaville, Ca

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests