Shave her Head?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Shave her head?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:22 am

Give her what she wants (I will shave mine too)
58%
Give her what she wants (You will shave yours too)
40%
Wait until it starts looking bad
1%
Don't do it
1%

Total votes : 179

Re: Shave her Head?

Postby lumpy2181 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:53 pm

jehler wrote:
lumpy2181 wrote:Congratulations Kenlee and Steve. You guys are a true example of how much we can do through faith and prayer.

Don't forget to thank the docs ;)

Good point John. With a sister in law that is a doctor I don't know how that slipped through. Thanks to all of those who put themselves in to massive debt to learn how to keep us up and running.
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
lumpy2181
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 pm

To me the doctor that has made all the difference is the surgeon. In the early stages he was more decisive and made better decisions with explanations to back them up. (He made sense) I know there has been and will continue to be many doctors collectively working on Kenlee's case. I am grateful for all of them.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby steve-o » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Chemo in the A.M.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Good luck ! Will send up the prayers :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 pm

OGblackcloud wrote:Good luck ! Will send up the prayers :thumbsup:

x2
ohioboy
hunter

Postby steve-o » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:24 pm

thanks guys. :thumbsup:

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LadyK » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:27 pm

I will be praying for y'all in the morning and tomorrow night (no getting sick!).
"Indeed, this seems actually to be a psychological and sociological law: the power of some needs the folly of others." -Bonhoeffer
LadyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Natimage » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Praying for an easy session tomorrow! May the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, be with you, your wife and Kenlee!
Natimage
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 am

Hope her session went well today.... still reading up on her, wearing that kenlee krew shirt in pride. :thumbsup:
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby steve-o » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:47 pm

thank you guys and LadyK.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Indawoods » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:37 pm

wore my shirt today. :thumbsup:
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby Tinner4 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm

I just read this thread in its entirety; I got all teary eyed, I smiled, I laughed... and I'm so glad to hear she's doing so well! I look up to her for being so strong and so beautiful. It's amazing how children can smile in the hardest of times and warm our hearts; and how selfless they are. I understand being terrified for your kiddo and I commend you on doing such a great job of being strong for her. We will all pray for her and your family. Hope to continue to hear good news!
Tinner4
hunter

Postby sws002 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Picture on Facebook made my day today, continued prayers Steve-O!
sws002
hunter

Postby steve-o » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Had mine on too woods.

Tinner look up her Facebook page that sws is referring to - prayers for Kenlee. And thank you for the kind words a prayers. It has been an awful yet amazing journey so far. Just like you said, tears and laughter.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby assateague » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 am

Just tossed up a few more prayers for good measure. Hope things are going well, brother.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby steve-o » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:31 am

Going great Assa. We had a heck of a good day yesterday. It was nice a warm so we stayed outside all day.

Next chemo and last is April 2nd! Another scan to follow on April 23rd.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dfrauenkron » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Good to hear, can't wait till we can spend some time outside. Almost there stay strong, think about your family all the time.
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:56 pm

dfrauenkron wrote:Good to hear, can't wait till we can spend some time outside. Almost there stay strong, think about your family all the time.

Our definition of bad weather probably isn't the same. :Lol3: The rest of the week isn't looking good for the girl's spring break either.

The excitement of chemo ending is strong, and we will celebrate in a grand fashion. But, that doesn't mean she is in the clear. The worry will continue.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quacknstack6 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:05 pm

steve-o wrote:
dfrauenkron wrote:Good to hear, can't wait till we can spend some time outside. Almost there stay strong, think about your family all the time.

Our definition of bad weather probably isn't the same. :Lol3: The rest of the week isn't looking good for the girl's spring break either.

The excitement of chemo ending is strong, and we will celebrate in a grand fashion. But, that doesn't mean she is in the clear. The worry will continue.

Prayers are still being sent for you brother.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby jehler » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 pm

I don't think I'm alone in saying Kenlee and your fam are in my thoughts everyday, and personally I have not had a single thought that didn't bring a smile, I envision her with smiling face and cancer free, never will I let a negative thought work its way in, stay strong and be positive brah ;)
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby lumpy2181 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:15 pm

jehler wrote:I don't think I'm alone in saying Kenlee and your fam are in my thoughts everyday, and personally I have not had a single thought that didn't bring a smile, I envision her with smiling face and cancer free, never will I let a negative thought work its way in, stay strong and be positive brah ;)

:thumbsup: (that is my version of a "Facebook" style "like" on DHC)

Hearing your updates on the successes that Kenlee is having is extremely helpful. When I get upset and down about the miniscule issues in my life, I think of what she has been through and has overcome, and it brings a solid level of perspective on what is actually important in life. I am so happy to hear that she is doing better every time I log in and see there is a new post on here. I continue to pray that all ends well and you guys have many, many years together.
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
lumpy2181
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 pm

lumpy2181 wrote:
jehler wrote:I don't think I'm alone in saying Kenlee and your fam are in my thoughts everyday, and personally I have not had a single thought that didn't bring a smile, I envision her with smiling face and cancer free, never will I let a negative thought work its way in, stay strong and be positive brah ;)

Hearing your updates on the successes that Kenlee is having is extremely helpful. When I get upset and down about the miniscule issues in my life, I think of what she has been through and has overcome, and it brings a solid level of perspective on what is actually important in life. I am so happy to hear that she is doing better every time I log in and see there is a new post on here. I continue to pray that all ends well and you guys have many, many years together.

Thanks John. :thumbsup: As time has gone on I still have my ups and down, but there is a lot more up than down.

Thanks Lumpy. Look back at the first page. I get a laugh out of Jehler's first post in this thread. You are right about minuscule issues. Realizing that makes life easier. Little things that are just that, little. I just wish it didn't take this happening to Kenlee for me to have figured it out.

steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 pm

steve-o wrote:
lumpy2181 wrote:

Thanks John. :thumbsup: As time has gone on I still have my ups and down, but there is a lot more up than down.

Thanks Lumpy. Look back at the first page. I get a laugh out of Jehler's first post in this thread. You are right about minuscule issues. Realizing that makes life easier. Little things that are just that, little. I just wish it didn't take this happening to Kenlee for me to have figured it out.

Prayers sent everyday and God bless.
AKPirate
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:05 pm

steve-o wrote:

Dads tend to worry don't they.... Prayers sent.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 am

I send thoughts/prayers/well-wishes your way daily Steve-o. i am so glad that the chemo is coming to an end soon. my kenlee's krew shirt is awaiting opening day of turkey season a little over a month from now.
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole