check this story out

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

check this story out

Postby had » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:21 am

ok today i went hunting on a local lake. i got there about an hour before sunrise. i paddled out to my spot and set up my doz dekes. about one min after shooting time a guy in a jon boat drives past me and down the lake. well all of a suden he starts shooting, then he starts shooting again, then a little later he shoots some more, and more and more. and it sopunds as if he is shooting while he is driving. well now i am getting stessed out cause i'm realizing that he is shooting the ducks off the water as he races down the lake. (this lake is full of little channels). but i'm not sure, it could be other hunters... while i was thinking i might be wrong he comes back by me... this is when i get a good look at his "set up". this guy had his shotgun mounted to his boat, like with angle iron in a big A shape with the shotgun mounted to it. i think it was mounted by the sling swivel. this guy had one hand on the motor and one on the shotgun. it wasn't shouldered he was holding it like a pistol. as he drove by he shot to scare up the ducks about every 50 yards.
so i left a little after that. well all i could think was where is the game and fish when you need them. well at the entrance to the lake ther was one so i told him the story. hopefully they take his lisence away for ever.

had
had
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:46 am

A cell phone can come in quite handy, just dial 911 and ask for the CO. Since this guy was breaking numerous FEDERAL laws a call to the Fed USFWS CO is in order too.
Just a few of the laws broken: razzing/rallying ducks.
Shooting at ducks from a motor boat/vehicle
Shooting using a "punt" style weapon
Reckess discharge of a weapon

And I'm sure there could be a few state laws broken too.

BTW--I've been shot twice. One of those times was by guys motoring wide open and shooting at ducks and coots-except I caught a blast of lead shot from 120 yds away :pissed: I would have been blind in both eyes but was wearing glasses(pellests hit lenses). I also took a couple of pellets in the face and upper chest too. :pissed: Screw all the law breakers is my motto. Dial 911 right away and report ALL violations. Give as much detailed info as possible, type and model of boat/vehicle, boat/vehicle lic numbers, description of the culprits, etc...
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby KO » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:49 am

You need to call your local CO......I'd love to get a call from a hunter.....everytime I bag one of these game hogs I sleep better
KO
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:19 pm

I hope you never encounter such a situation ever again....but if you do just get the boat registration number and call it in....if on a lake there are just so many places that guy could have launched from, I'm sure the sherrif or the CO's would find this guy real fast
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby donell67 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:25 pm

unfortunately theres people around that do that crap. here a guy was shot at intentionally by a couple guys that were 100 yards away. they were shooting at everything that flew by and when they saw him they shot at him too. :pissed: luckily he wasnt hurt.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Return to The Honey Hole