Duck Hunting Forum banner

Suunto Core

3K views 78 replies 28 participants last post by  steelshotslayer 
#1 ·
#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
DanJeffandJack said:
whistlin_wings said:
Go with a zodiac. Doesn't have what you're looking for but looks way cooler.
truthfully I can't tell time on analog watches.
No words. Majority of my watches have dead batteries so don't even use them but just wear them. That's what cell phones are for.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347589040.106164.jpg

Attachments

#16 ·
whistlin_wings said:
DanJeffandJack said:
whistlin_wings said:
Go with a zodiac. Doesn't have what you're looking for but looks way cooler.
truthfully I can't tell time on analog watches.
No words. Majority of my watches have dead batteries so don't even use them but just wear them. That's what cell phones are for.
the other thing I can't do? Alphabetical order. Can't do it. Literally next to impossible for me.

#17 ·
Was seriously considdering a suunto as my everyday watch, but decided on a Luminox instead. Casio makes the G Shock watch line which I would still prefer over a suunto. Theres too many G Shocks to list but I think the Frogman is close to what you are looking for. I chose my Luminox because it has large easy to read numbers and is lit with Tritium rather than a battery powered light so all I have to do is raise the watch to read it night or day, with out using 2 hands. It's also waterproof up to 200 meters which is waaay deeper than my bathtub. Deciced I didnt needed all the other fancy stuff: If I am wet I know its raining and if I cant touch the depth is over 6 feet. :beer:

#19 ·
I can tell the time from the sun, the compass direction with my brain, the barometric pressure with an operated on shoulder, and the weather from looking outside. I need a $300 watch like I need a platinum fork. And if you need a watch for any of those things, you need help.

#21 ·
assateague said:
I can tell the time from the sun, the compass direction with my brain, the barometric pressure with an operated on shoulder, and the weather from looking outside. I need a $300 watch like I need a platinum fork. And if you need a watch for any of those things, you need help.
you know where a platinum fork is!?!?!?!

#24 ·
My absolute favorite guide story was told as true, and no one knowing the guide would doubt it. He worked for a private high roller club where one of the member's guest spent the morning regaling them with an account of all the wonderful things he owned: a home in Wonderland that cost a fortune and had every imaginable amenity, a Summer home in Wonder Vactaionland that cost a similar fortune and had similar amenities, a private Super-Duper jet that cost more and flew faster than any other, a yacht of Naval cruiser proportion that cost as much and hosted the most prestigious guests and so on. And on. And on, until the fellow got down to his watch, which was, of course, the finest money could buy and did a long list of wondrous things.

At which point our hero had heard his limit, pulled the cheap Timex from his own wrist, smacked it hard on the corner of their blind and tossed it in the pond. "Will it do that?"

#26 ·
Rick Hall said:
At which point our hero had heard his limit, pulled the cheap Timex from his own wrist, smacked it hard on the corner of their blind and tossed it in the pond. "Will it do that?"
Awesome...... :yes: :yes: :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.