Rail Hunting (Clapper, Virginia and Sora)

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Rail Hunting (Clapper, Virginia and Sora)

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:47 pm

beretta24 wrote:You haven't rail hunted until you go after after some big boys in Argentina...make ours look like chickadees.

perty big bird...dey look tasty!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:02 am

Indaswamp wrote:
beretta24 wrote:You haven't rail hunted until you go after after some big boys in Argentina...make ours look like chickadees.

Hmmm....that pic looks familiar. Almost like I was there. :)

That was a great time with another DHC member. Great hunting, absolutely wonderful people, decent beer, great wine, and great food.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:03 am

beretta24 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Hmmm....that pic looks familiar. Almost like I was there. :)

That was a great time with another DHC member. Great hunting, absolutely wonderful people, decent beer, great wine, and great food.

HA! I swiped that pic. from google images! You took that pic?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:08 am

PMed ya
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Joe Guide » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:55 am

Most SORA rails seen in more than a decade.

Really unusal to see so many "Carolina rail" in areas where I normally would see two or perhaps five if it was October and after two Northeaster's.

We've limited on rails ever hunt but one so far this season. How about down there in Georgia coast, or Florida's NE saltmarshes, or SE Virgina? I have apprecated getting so many personal emails from people interested in know more about Rail Hunting (Marsh Hens) from all over the USA.

I enjoyed hunting in N.J. and VA, and thanks for the invitations to come hunt with many of your familes around the South Atlantic. I am still doing a few Wounded Warrior Hunting and fly fishing trips every year.

I promise to get back to everyone who emailed me via PM and apprecate getting those photos of your own marsh hen hunts around the Nation. If I choose to use your photo, I will certainly give you "photo credit" in my book on Marsh Hen Hunting.

Best Regards,

Joe Guide
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole