NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:27 am

I was planning on goin huntin this mornin but they called for thunderstorms starting at 6 a.m. so we decided to not go cause of it. I woke up at around 8:30 & look outside to see what, its the perfect day to duck hunt! Overcast with a little wind and the
Ow was 31 with the high of 53. Im pissed cause they get paid all that money and have all this technology these days & still cant get it right. WHy bother looking at the weather anymore, im just going to get up & go from now on! One my buddies went and said he saw hundreds among hundreds of woodys & mallards (which im after my first greenhead) so that pissed me off ven more! I dont mind hunting in rain at all and I know the ducks dont care either. Whats the point of having weather ppl again, besides giving them hundreds of thousands of dollars a yr to guess the weather?
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Willie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:30 am

Didn't you check the radar yourself?
Willie
hunter

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 am

You're definitely a victim. I can see that.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:32 am

You act like this is the first time they have been wrong. They get paid to lie and misslead
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 am

Willie wrote:Didn't you check the radar yourself?

Ya I did & it did show rain moving in but it doesnt say if its just rain or thunderstorms. I dont mind huntin in rain but sticking a barrel up in the air when its lighning doesnt seem to fun to me. Im just gona have to be my own weatherman now and I bet I could predict as good or better without their type of degree lol I predict tomorrow will be rain cloudy & cold so im going
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:55 am

OGblackcloud wrote:You act like this is the first time they have been wrong. They get paid to lie and misslead

Yes they get paid way too much to lie & misslead. If I knew how much they got paid to sit there doing absolutely nothing basically I would have tried to become a weatherman :lol3:
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 am

I've found hour-by-hour in the zip code extremely accurate. If the weather calls for rain in the early am during duck season - I am definitely headed out. It's the BEST time!
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 am

HNTFSH wrote:I've found hour-by-hour in the zip code extremely accurate. If the weather calls for rain in the early am during duck season - I am definitely headed out. It's the BEST time!

I agree, thats what I looked at was the hr by hr at 12:45 last night & it still said thunderstorms rollin in at 6 a.m.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 am

Duckslayer26 wrote:
HNTFSH wrote:I've found hour-by-hour in the zip code extremely accurate. If the weather calls for rain in the early am during duck season - I am definitely headed out. It's the BEST time!

I agree, thats what I looked at was the hr by hr at 12:45 last night & it still said thunderstorms rollin in at 6 a.m.

What did say at 7? 8?
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 am

Botiz630 wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

What did say at 7? 8?

That he would be sitting at home crying on the internet
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:20 am

Duckslayer26 wrote:

I'd write someone a strongly-worded letter if I were you.....This aggression will not stand, man!
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:22 am

Botiz630 wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

What did say at 7? 8?

Well when I woke up at 8:30 I checked & it changed to just showers.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:25 am

OGblackcloud wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

What did say at 7? 8?

That he would be sitting at home crying on the internet

:lol3: sure whatever makes you happy OG. I would have gone when I woke up if I didnt have to be at work at 1.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 am

GomerPyle wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

I'd write someone a strongly-worded letter if I were you.....This aggression will not stand, man!

:lol3: ok whats your address?
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Duckdon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 am

You have 2 choices, go hunting or stay home. How hard is it? Duckdon
Forgive me for being arrogant. I own 2 Drahthaar's.
Duckdon
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:52 am

Duckdon wrote:You have 2 choices, go hunting or stay home. How hard is it? Duckdon

Are you sure theres not more choices?
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:59 am

Teague would concur that there are only two choices, it's 50/50.
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:44 pm

the worse the weather, the better the hunting. blizzards mean birds will be low and looking for friends. i always go on rainy or snowy days.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Montanafowler wrote:the worse the weather, the better the hunting. blizzards mean birds will be low and looking for friends. i always go on rainy or snowy days.

I would go too but if theres lightning then i would rather not be sitting out there with a gun barrel sticking up in thr air. I just wish they could be a little more accurate but im not listening to them anymore. Im just gona wake up early and go from there.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
Montanafowler wrote:the worse the weather, the better the hunting. blizzards mean birds will be low and looking for friends. i always go on rainy or snowy days.

I would go too but if theres lightning then i would rather not be sitting out there with a gun barrel sticking up in thr air. I just wish they could be a little more accurate but im not listening to them anymore. Im just gona wake up early and go from there.

You probably ought to post this in the womens forum. You sound like a big girl to me.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

You probably ought to post this in the womens forum. You sound like a big girl to me.

One of the better posts in a long time.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby johnmoses » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:38 pm

The weatherman has a good job. Ge always has a 50/50 shot at being right. You could SET YO CLOCK, WAKE UP, WALK OUTSIDE AND LOOK UP.
Has worked for me for 35 years of hunting.......

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
johnmoses
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Only job you can be 100% wrong and still not get fired.
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:23 pm

johnmoses wrote:The weatherman has a good job. Ge always has a 50/50 shot at being right. You could SET YO CLOCK, WAKE UP, WALK OUTSIDE AND LOOK UP.
Has worked for me for 35 years of hunting.......

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Thats what i said in my previous post. Anyone with eyes or that could read would have seen that.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:

I love how ppl talk crap behind their little computers & feel all high and mighty but when they meet someone face to face they run like scared little school girl.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole