NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby possumfoot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I dont understand your anger at the weather people. You wimped out and paid for it thats all.

Please explain how I wimped out?

You didnt get up and go hunting.

So your saying if they call for thunderstorms which involves lightning you are still going?



is there such thing as thunderstorms that do not involve lighting???
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5650
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch


Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:22 pm

possumfoot wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I dont understand your anger at the weather people. You wimped out and paid for it thats all.

Please explain how I wimped out?

You didnt get up and go hunting.

So your saying if they call for thunderstorms which involves lightning you are still going?



is there such thing as thunderstorms that do not involve lighting???

I dono, you tell me Mr know it all!
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby possumfoot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:27 pm

i'm gonna venture a guess and say no.. cause i may be wrong but, if i remember correctly, it is caused by the expantion of air cause by the high heat of lighting.

if i am correct, i still don't "know it all", but i do know more than you!! :hi:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5650
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I dont understand your anger at the weather people. You wimped out and paid for it thats all.

Please explain how I wimped out?

You didnt get up and go hunting.

So your saying if they call for thunderstorms which involves lightning you are still going?

Hell Yes!
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
hunter
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am
Location: NW Arkansas

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:42 pm

possumfoot wrote:i'm gonna venture a guess and say no.. cause i may be wrong but, if i remember correctly, it is caused by the expantion of air cause by the high heat of lighting.

if i am correct, i still don't "know it all", but i do know more than you!! :hi:

:lol3: Your ASSUMING you know more than me, but I HIGHLY doubt it! Its ok not everyone can be as smart as me.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I dont understand your anger at the weather people. You wimped out and paid for it thats all.

Please explain how I wimped out?

You didnt get up and go hunting.

So your saying if they call for thunderstorms which involves lightning you are still going?

Hell Yes!

Good for you!
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby possumfoot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:i'm gonna venture a guess and say no.. cause i may be wrong but, if i remember correctly, it is caused by the expantion of air cause by the high heat of lighting.

if i am correct, i still don't "know it all", but i do know more than you!! :hi:

:lol3: Your ASSUMING you know more than me, but I HIGHLY doubt it! Its ok not everyone can be as smart as me.



maybe so, but what causes thunder is grade school science class material.. :lol3:




i challenge the to a battle of wits!!! :hammer:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5650
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:I dont understand your anger at the weather people. You wimped out and paid for it thats all.

Please explain how I wimped out?

You didnt get up and go hunting.

So your saying if they call for thunderstorms which involves lightning you are still going?

Hell Yes!

Good for you!

Thanks for your support.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
hunter
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am
Location: NW Arkansas

NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:24 pm

I can understand why you don't want to out in a thunderstorm but at the very least get out of bed before sunrise just to check the weather.


Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
User avatar
NuffDaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Bay City, MI

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:50 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:I can understand why you don't want to out in a thunderstorm but at the very least get out of bed before sunrise just to check the weather.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app


This is what really confuses me.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
hunter
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am
Location: NW Arkansas

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 am

Ok Harris, lets not start a holy war here... lesson learned. If you wanna hunt you hunt, end of story.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.


Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
User avatar
tmclaimerFL
hunter
 
Posts: 6068
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am
Location: Florida's Waters

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I can understand why you don't want to out in a thunderstorm but at the very least get out of bed before sunrise just to check the weather.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app


This is what really confuses me.

Whheres the confusion cause early you seemed purty conident to me & ya i should have done that..... O look im doing it right now!! :clapping:
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:20 am

possumfoot wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:i'm gonna venture a guess and say no.. cause i may be wrong but, if i remember correctly, it is caused by the expantion of air cause by the high heat of lighting.

if i am correct, i still don't "know it all", but i do know more than you!! :hi:

:lol3: Your ASSUMING you know more than me, but I HIGHLY doubt it! Its ok not everyone can be as smart as me.



maybe so, but what causes thunder is grade school science class material.. :lol3:




i challenge the to a battle of wits!!! :hammer:

Well no .... Sherlock! Whenever there is thunder theres always lightning. I think a 2nd grader knows that. Yall are just abunch of never ending ....holes :fingerhead:
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby FowlAddiction » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:08 am

I just wasted 5 minues of my life reading this post :fingerhead: :no:
FowlAddiction
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:38 am

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby 18javelin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 am

FowlAddiction wrote:I just wasted 5 minues of my life reading this post :fingerhead: :no:

I agree and i figured out about 30 years ago the same about watching the Weather, total waste of my 5 Minutes... :yes: I figure the birds are out in it i may as well be, unless however i feel its a threat to my survival.... Not much is... :yes:
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
User avatar
18javelin
hunter
 
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Eckerty IN

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby dakotashooter2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 am

I think the biggest problem is that the weather people try to be TOO accurate. With something that is in constant change trying to provide precise hour by hour predictions is like shooting yourself in the foot. I actually think weathermen of 30-40 years ago were more accurate than those today with all their modern technology. I rarely look at the weather reports and if I do no more than 2 days out because they are rarely even remotely accurate further than that.
User avatar
dakotashooter2
hunter
 
Posts: 2159
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:25 am

FowlAddiction wrote:I just wasted 5 minues of my life reading this post :fingerhead: :no:

Ok well see you later.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby bighop » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 am

seriously?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7239
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Ajaxian » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Those poor weather guys get paid in chocolate gold coins...
Ajaxian
hunter
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby grizz18 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I hardly ever check the weather for important info. I wake up and look at the radar if rain is in the question.

Hell, in the summertime I don't even bother. I can walk out side and it be beautiful. Go inside, get dressed to go fish, go the garage get my rods, gear together...walk outside and its thundering and getting ready to pour.
User avatar
grizz18
Squatch Life
 
Posts: 13212
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 am
Location: NC

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:19 pm

If you have a day planned to duck hunt, don't you just wake up and go no matter what the weather is like? I mean sure, some weather days look better than others in terms of probability of killing birds, but if you have a free pass from work on a given day, don't you just roll outta bed and head for the blind??? Rough weather hunting is not for the weak hearted, so if you are a bit soft and fret about the weather, you might wanna take up scrap booking.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7971
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby MattMontana » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:55 pm

I just get up and go too. I pick what to wear when I get to my parking spot. If it's ugly weather, yippee. If not, I am still huntin, and where else would we all rather be? I've spent thousands of dollars over the years so I can hunt in any weather and be comfortable, as I am sure most of us have. Some of my most rewarding days in the blind never involved pulling the trigger. How many of those days would I have missed if I listened to the weatherman? There is an occasional day when it's gonna be 70 and sunny, and I may choose to go play golf that day, or go fishin, but if my heart is set on hunting ducks, thats what I do. Lots of ducks around the valley, but I have yet to kill one while sitting on the couch bitching about the weatherman missing the mark.
And lightning? Who cares? When your number is up, it's up. Doesn't matter if you are sitting in a duck blind, or sitting on the toilet. Now, if you are sitting in a duck blind and holding your shotgun over your head like a lightning rod, you have other issues that we cannot solve for you on this site.
MattMontana
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: Bozeman Montana

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I can understand why you don't want to out in a thunderstorm but at the very least get out of bed before sunrise just to check the weather.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app


This is what really confuses me.

Whheres the confusion cause early you seemed purty conident to me & ya i should have done that..... O look im doing it right now!! :clapping:


I still would have went rain or shine. What confuses me is that you were to lazy to get up and check despite the weatherman's past histories of being misleading.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
User avatar
The Duck Hammer
hunter
 
Posts: 3706
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am
Location: NW Arkansas

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby possumfoot » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:07 pm

i have decided to recend my challenge... cause i just don't feel like thrashing an unarmed man.. :lol3:

though i refuse to suffer your insight.. now, all is right.

This post was made by Duckslayer26 who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5650
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby FullandFuller » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:13 pm

What I hate is when they say it's going to be partly sunny, and I get out there and instead it's partly cloudy. THANKS A LOT GUYS!! :crying:
bmoy1920 wrote:LOVE Giada!! I would love to use my pass on her!

Image
FullandFuller
hunter
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: D Comeaux, Exabot [Bot], greenheadfallon, grizz18, WoodyWhiffingMG, WVClaysandBassin and 36 guests