NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby NuffDaddy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:53 pm

What's the difference between mostly sunny and partly cloudy?? How about mostly cloudy and partly sunny??


Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
User avatar
NuffDaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Bay City, MI


Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby BigSwole » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:34 pm

possumfoot wrote:
besides.. your trying to duck hunt in Ga... you got bigger problems than a lil rain/thunder storm


Image
BigSwole
hunter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 pm
Location: Albany, GA

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:If you have a day planned to duck hunt, don't you just wake up and go no matter what the weather is like? I mean sure, some weather days look better than others in terms of probability of killing birds, but if you have a free pass from work on a given day, don't you just roll outta bed and head for the blind??? Rough weather hunting is not for the weak hearted, so if you are a bit soft and fret about the weather, you might wanna take up scrap booking.

No thanks, im pretty sure im about as hardcore as most on here or more. I dont have a boat so on closed campgrounds I take a dolly 2 heavy dity adjustable straps 3 bags of decoys and walk a mile or 2 pulling it up & down hills. Also I walk the whole campground when I scout, every little cove, so ya I do consider myself a hardcore hunter. I know most if hardly any of yall have done that. All for what? Just a chance at killing MAYBE a few ducks and or geese, ya. Just because I say one little thing about the weather people doesnt mean im not a hardcore hunter. I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it. Did we see anything, ya 2 ducks and didnt get a shot & heard some geese. At least it was better than last time & didnt see a thing. I do it because I love waterfowl hunting & id rather be out there than stuck inside. Ya so i skipped out on one day in the 5 yrs I have been hunting, whoop de doo. Im sure yall have skipped out more than that.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:47 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:I can understand why you don't want to out in a thunderstorm but at the very least get out of bed before sunrise just to check the weather.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app


This is what really confuses me.

Whheres the confusion cause early you seemed purty conident to me & ya i should have done that..... O look im doing it right now!! :clapping:


I still would have went rain or shine. What confuses me is that you were to lazy to get up and check despite the weatherman's past histories of being misleading.

Like I said in another post, thats 1 time in the 5 yrs of waterfowl hunting that I have done, so that makes me lazy now too? :lol3: what I do to try and find good spots, and what I do to get to these spots, I would love any one of yall to TRY and see you do. Yall would probably be taking breaks and whine and complain more in likely.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 pm

possumfoot wrote:i have decided to recend my challenge... cause i just don't feel like thrashing an unarmed man.. :lol3:

though i refuse to suffer your insight.. now, all is right.

This post was made by Duckslayer26 who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

:lol3: ya keep telling yourself that to make you feel better.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it.


I'm not going to argue that I'm a better duck hunter than you or anybody else on the forums because I am most likely not. I will however state with high confidence that if you are challenging me on whether or not I could physically keep up with you, I'm fairly certain I would leave your weather fearin butt in the dust.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 7981
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it.


I'm not going to argue that I'm a better duck hunter than you or anybody else on the forums because I am most likely not. I will however state with high confidence that if you are challenging me on whether or not I could physically keep up with you, I'm fairly certain I would leave your weather fearin butt in the dust.

:lol3: i doubt it but MAYBE, just maybe your 1 of the very very few that could. I will to extreme measures to try & kill a duck and or goose. Im no expert nor am I better than everyone on here at waterfowling by any means. I still have alot to learn but for now I take what I know and apply it and learn new things every time I go. Just bec I didnt go 1 day doesnt mean crap. Im sure I have to go to lengths that most wouldnt think of doing because I live in Ga & I dont have a boat yet. We dont have birds left & right here but I do my fair share of scouting in hopes of finding a decent place at least and thats all I can do for now untill I do get a boat.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it.


I'm not going to argue that I'm a better duck hunter than you or anybody else on the forums because I am most likely not. I will however state with high confidence that if you are challenging me on whether or not I could physically keep up with you, I'm fairly certain I would leave your weather fearin butt in the dust.

:lol3: i doubt it but MAYBE, just maybe your 1 of the very very few that could. I will to extreme measures to try & kill a duck and or goose. Im no expert nor am I better than everyone on here at waterfowling by any means. I still have alot to learn but for now I take what I know and apply it and learn new things every time I go. Just bec I didnt go 1 day doesnt mean crap. Im sure I have to go to lengths that most wouldnt think of doing because I live in Ga & I dont have a boat yet. We dont have birds left & right here but I do my fair share of scouting in hopes of finding a decent place at least and thats all I can do for now untill I do get a boat.

do you really think your the only one who has hiked miles to kill ducks or wears out a pair of boots out scouting?? Your more delusional than I thought.


Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
User avatar
NuffDaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Bay City, MI

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby possumfoot » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:25 pm

i took you off the foe list cause this is rich!!!

how old are you, and how long have you been duck hunting??? i'm gonna guess <19. decided to start duck hunting maybe 3 years ago..

from what i have read, i have noticed a couple things.. you are not a legacy waterfowler. you have never hunted outside of where your from. you are fairly young. you have not met many normal waterfowl hunters. and i would guess that you have not been hunting long.

most hunters know that the BEST time to kill birds is right before a weather change, during a weather event (i.e. thunder storm, heavy rain, snow storm) or following such an event.. wind is your friend, storms generally produce it..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5653
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Possumfoot I actually do know that. Those are the best times along with it being really cold and cloudy. Yes the wind is your friend cause it keeps the deeka moving and that means less motion you make jerkin on a string (if you use one). Sun is your enemy because it can make the deeks shine (not sayn all do) and anything you bring including your gun can cause glare. I dont know a whole bunch like i said but i do learn every time im out there. No im not 19 im 26 and no i have hunted north ms 5 times 4 yrs ago on a buddys lease and it was good to great hunting. I do my duty and help clean up after the season and do all i can to help others who let me hunt with them and i teach my 16 yr old nephew as much as i can. This is my first time hunting a big lake this year and i know its not gona be amazing hunting if even good. Like i said im no expert but i have hunted with some great guys who know alot and they have taught me alot. I respect ppl who give me respect as well and the people who are jackasses to me i give it right back.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Nuffdaddy i didnt say that now did i? Alot of people cover miles n miles n miles a day in their boats but i dont have one yet so i do what i gota do. Your prob one of those who has a duck boat i bet and drive miles and hardly walk. I still have to walk miles even on our land to get to our holes but cant hunt there cause there hasnt been water there in 2 seasons now. I know some ppl walk like i do but the majority of duck hunters have boats. Nuff said
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Cujo1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:Possumfoot I actually do know that. Those are the best times along with it being really cold and cloudy. Yes the wind is your friend cause it keeps the deeka moving and that means less motion you make jerkin on a string (if you use one). Sun is your enemy because it can make the deeks shine (not sayn all do) and anything you bring including your gun can cause glare. I dont know a whole bunch like i said but i do learn every time im out there. No im not 19 im 26 and no i have hunted north ms 5 times 4 yrs ago on a buddys lease and it was good to great hunting. I do my duty and help clean up after the season and do all i can to help others who let me hunt with them and i teach my 16 yr old nephew as much as i can. This is my first time hunting a big lake this year and i know its not gona be amazing hunting if even good. Like i said im no expert but i have hunted with some great guys who know alot and they have taught me alot. I respect ppl who give me respect as well and the people who are jackasses to me i give it right back.

Sun is your best friend. It creates shadows for you to hide in. Makes it much harder for wildlife to find you. The same flash you talk about on decoys also makes the white on those decoys flash and attract ducks. Keep the sun at your back and let the feathered foes look into it if possible. You are correct on glare from decoys if unrealistically shiny. Hunt any day you can, especially windy or when barometric pressure is dropping :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6655
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:I dont have a boat so on closed campgrounds I take a dolly 2 heavy dity adjustable straps 3 bags of decoys and walk a mile or 2 pulling it up & down hills. Also I walk the whole campground when I scout, every little cove, so ya I do consider myself a hardcore hunter. I know most if hardly any of yall have done that.

who wrote this then???
I just bought a boat and next season will be my first season doing most of my hunting out of a boat. This season I borrowed my dads boat for 2 hunts and the rest I walked pulling a jet sled full of deeks and gear. Anywhere from 100 yards to 2 miles. I suggest you quit being a douchmonster and you will get a lot more respect around here.


Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
User avatar
NuffDaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Bay City, MI

NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Willie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:If you have a day planned to duck hunt, don't you just wake up and go no matter what the weather is like? I mean sure, some weather days look better than others in terms of probability of killing birds, but if you have a free pass from work on a given day, don't you just roll outta bed and head for the blind??? Rough weather hunting is not for the weak hearted, so if you are a bit soft and fret about the weather, you might wanna take up scrap booking.

No thanks, im pretty sure im about as hardcore as most on here or more. I dont have a boat so on closed campgrounds I take a dolly 2 heavy dity adjustable straps 3 bags of decoys and walk a mile or 2 pulling it up & down hills. Also I walk the whole campground when I scout, every little cove, so ya I do consider myself a hardcore hunter. I know most if hardly any of yall have done that. All for what? Just a chance at killing MAYBE a few ducks and or geese, ya. Just because I say one little thing about the weather people doesnt mean im not a hardcore hunter. I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it. Did we see anything, ya 2 ducks and didnt get a shot & heard some geese. At least it was better than last time & didnt see a thing. I do it because I love waterfowl hunting & id rather be out there than stuck inside. Ya so i skipped out on one day in the 5 yrs I have been hunting, whoop de doo. Im sure yall have skipped out more than that.

Had to come back to this one. Is it a campground or a trailer park where you do the hardcore walkabout? On a scale of 1-10, just how hardcore do you consider yourself?
User avatar
Willie
hunter
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:11 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:I dont have a boat so on closed campgrounds I take a dolly 2 heavy dity adjustable straps 3 bags of decoys and walk a mile or 2 pulling it up & down hills. Also I walk the whole campground when I scout, every little cove, so ya I do consider myself a hardcore hunter. I know most if hardly any of yall have done that.

who wrote this then???
I just bought a boat and next season will be my first season doing most of my hunting out of a boat. This season I borrowed my dads boat for 2 hunts and the rest I walked pulling a jet sled full of deeks and gear. Anywhere from 100 yards to 2 miles. I suggest you quit being a douchmonster and you will get a lot more respect around here.


Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app

Like i said you quit being an ass and il stop as well. I never said you have a boat i just assumed you did. Your part of the few that have done what i have.....i wasnt an ass first, everyone else was not me so once they stop il stop but we all know thats not gona happen.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

It's not gonna stop in the honey hole. This would be a real boring place if all we did was talk about duck hunting. You gotta take everything said in the HH lightly and have fun. Look through the first 20 threads on here and probably 15 are all full a BS and senseless arguing. But that's what makes it fun.


Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
User avatar
NuffDaddy
hunter
 
Posts: 1575
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:29 pm
Location: Bay City, MI

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Willie wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:If you have a day planned to duck hunt, don't you just wake up and go no matter what the weather is like? I mean sure, some weather days look better than others in terms of probability of killing birds, but if you have a free pass from work on a given day, don't you just roll outta bed and head for the blind??? Rough weather hunting is not for the weak hearted, so if you are a bit soft and fret about the weather, you might wanna take up scrap booking.

No thanks, im pretty sure im about as hardcore as most on here or more. I dont have a boat so on closed campgrounds I take a dolly 2 heavy dity adjustable straps 3 bags of decoys and walk a mile or 2 pulling it up & down hills. Also I walk the whole campground when I scout, every little cove, so ya I do consider myself a hardcore hunter. I know most if hardly any of yall have done that. All for what? Just a chance at killing MAYBE a few ducks and or geese, ya. Just because I say one little thing about the weather people doesnt mean im not a hardcore hunter. I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it. Did we see anything, ya 2 ducks and didnt get a shot & heard some geese. At least it was better than last time & didnt see a thing. I do it because I love waterfowl hunting & id rather be out there than stuck inside. Ya so i skipped out on one day in the 5 yrs I have been hunting, whoop de doo. Im sure yall have skipped out more than that.

Had to come back to this one. Is it a campground or a trailer park where you do the hardcore walkabout? On a scale of 1-10, just how hardcore do you consider yourself?

CLOSED CAMPGROUND ON THE LAKE FOR WATERFOWL HUNTING! Well i know probably higher up on the scale than you. BESIDES not going that 1 morning id say a 9. Why does that matter to you anyway? I have tried finding other spots not on a campground but everywhere has docks, houses, bridges, roads, man made structure and spots that are empty. I have sat countless afternoons and not seen a thing in most places & yes i was there in the afternoon & mornings
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Willie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Duckslayer26 wrote:
Willie wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:If you have a day planned to duck hunt, don't you just wake up and go no matter what the weather is like? I mean sure, some weather days look better than others in terms of probability of killing birds, but if you have a free pass from work on a given day, don't you just roll outta bed and head for the blind??? Rough weather hunting is not for the weak hearted, so if you are a bit soft and fret about the weather, you might wanna take up scrap booking.

No thanks, im pretty sure im about as hardcore as most on here or more. I dont have a boat so on closed campgrounds I take a dolly 2 heavy dity adjustable straps 3 bags of decoys and walk a mile or 2 pulling it up & down hills. Also I walk the whole campground when I scout, every little cove, so ya I do consider myself a hardcore hunter. I know most if hardly any of yall have done that. All for what? Just a chance at killing MAYBE a few ducks and or geese, ya. Just because I say one little thing about the weather people doesnt mean im not a hardcore hunter. I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it. Did we see anything, ya 2 ducks and didnt get a shot & heard some geese. At least it was better than last time & didnt see a thing. I do it because I love waterfowl hunting & id rather be out there than stuck inside. Ya so i skipped out on one day in the 5 yrs I have been hunting, whoop de doo. Im sure yall have skipped out more than that.

Had to come back to this one. Is it a campground or a trailer park where you do the hardcore walkabout? On a scale of 1-10, just how hardcore do you consider yourself?

CLOSED CAMPGROUND ON THE LAKE FOR WATERFOWL HUNTING! Well i know probably higher up on the scale than you. BESIDES not going that 1 morning id say a 9. Why does that matter to you anyway? I have tried finding other spots not on a campground but everywhere has docks, houses, bridges, roads, man made structure and spots that are empty. I have sat countless afternoons and not seen a thing in most places & yes i was there in the afternoon & mornings

Face mask or face paint?
User avatar
Willie
hunter
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:50 am

Willie wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
Willie wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:If you have a day planned to duck hunt, don't you just wake up and go no matter what the weather is like? I mean sure, some weather days look better than others in terms of probability of killing birds, but if you have a free pass from work on a given day, don't you just roll outta bed and head for the blind??? Rough weather hunting is not for the weak hearted, so if you are a bit soft and fret about the weather, you might wanna take up scrap booking.

No thanks, im pretty sure im about as hardcore as most on here or more. I dont have a boat so on closed campgrounds I take a dolly 2 heavy dity adjustable straps 3 bags of decoys and walk a mile or 2 pulling it up & down hills. Also I walk the whole campground when I scout, every little cove, so ya I do consider myself a hardcore hunter. I know most if hardly any of yall have done that. All for what? Just a chance at killing MAYBE a few ducks and or geese, ya. Just because I say one little thing about the weather people doesnt mean im not a hardcore hunter. I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it. Did we see anything, ya 2 ducks and didnt get a shot & heard some geese. At least it was better than last time & didnt see a thing. I do it because I love waterfowl hunting & id rather be out there than stuck inside. Ya so i skipped out on one day in the 5 yrs I have been hunting, whoop de doo. Im sure yall have skipped out more than that.

Had to come back to this one. Is it a campground or a trailer park where you do the hardcore walkabout? On a scale of 1-10, just how hardcore do you consider yourself?

CLOSED CAMPGROUND ON THE LAKE FOR WATERFOWL HUNTING! Well i know probably higher up on the scale than you. BESIDES not going that 1 morning id say a 9. Why does that matter to you anyway? I have tried finding other spots not on a campground but everywhere has docks, houses, bridges, roads, man made structure and spots that are empty. I have sat countless afternoons and not seen a thing in most places & yes i was there in the afternoon & mornings

Face mask or face paint?

What does that matter, everyone has there preference. i bring both but use 1 or the other.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 am

NuffDaddy wrote:It's not gonna stop in the honey hole. This would be a real boring place if all we did was talk about duck hunting. You gotta take everything said in the HH lightly and have fun. Look through the first 20 threads on here and probably 15 are all full a BS and senseless arguing. But that's what makes it fun.


Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app

I know its not gona stop but some of it is unnecessary. Someone may take it the wrong way one these days and you never know, might kill themselves or do something drastic. That person isnt me, im just sayn some people are really sensitive and some really crazy. That school schooting for instance. Killing the principle & those kids, for what reason did he have to shoot the kids? There was none, he was just crazy as hell.
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 am

NuffDaddy wrote:It's not gonna stop in the honey hole. This would be a real boring place if all we did was talk about duck hunting. You gotta take everything said in the HH lightly and have fun. Look through the first 20 threads on here and probably 15 are all full a BS and senseless arguing. But that's what makes it fun.


Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app

I know its not gona stop but some of it is unnecessary. Someone may take it the wrong way one these days and you never know, might kill themselves or do something drastic. That person isnt me, im just sayn some people are really sensitive and some really crazy. That school schooting for instance. Killing the principle & those kids, for what reason did he have to shoot the kids? There was none, he was just crazy as hell. Look at that,a blizzard again up north, if my spidey senses are correct i believe that will push down some birds real soon! :grooving:
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby cyber_scouter » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:05 am

Montanafowler wrote:the worse the weather, the better the hunting. blizzards mean birds will be low and looking for friends. i always go on rainy or snowy days.


Yeah I don't get it :huh: , why would you stay home cause of a thunderstorm?
Utilize Technology---Scout from your computer desk.
cyber_scouter
hunter
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Duckslayer26 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:20 am

cyber_scouter wrote:
Montanafowler wrote:the worse the weather, the better the hunting. blizzards mean birds will be low and looking for friends. i always go on rainy or snowy days.


Yeah I don't get it :huh: , why would you stay home cause of a thunderstorm?

Iv been plenty of times on snowy, rainy, cloudy cold ass days. I value my life since im young and have already had a near death experience. I hunt on a big lake in the open, not under trees or anything and sticking a piece of metal up in the air when its lighting isnt the smartest thing to do. I have gone when it was 7 out n we had to stomp around and take the butt of our gun to break ice. I have been in 35 mph wind/ raining like hell, i have been in snow. Its my personal preference to not go when its lighting
Whack em & stack em!
Duckslayer26
hunter
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:13 pm
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 am

Duckslayer26 wrote:
cyber_scouter wrote:
Montanafowler wrote:the worse the weather, the better the hunting. blizzards mean birds will be low and looking for friends. i always go on rainy or snowy days.


Yeah I don't get it :huh: , why would you stay home cause of a thunderstorm?

Iv been plenty of times on snowy, rainy, cloudy cold ass days. I value my life since im young and have already had a near death experience. I hunt on a big lake in the open, not under trees or anything and sticking a piece of metal up in the air when its lighting isnt the smartest thing to do. I have gone when it was 7 out n we had to stomp around and take the butt of our gun to break ice. I have been in 35 mph wind/ raining like hell, i have been in snow. Its my personal preference to not go when its lighting



You hunt in GA cold is relative come north we'll show you cold
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
User avatar
OHIODUCKA5
hunter
 
Posts: 13132
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:46 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: NEVER trust the weather ppl!

Postby Willie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 am

Duckslayer26 wrote:
Willie wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
Willie wrote:
Duckslayer26 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:If you have a day planned to duck hunt, don't you just wake up and go no matter what the weather is like? I mean sure, some weather days look better than others in terms of probability of killing birds, but if you have a free pass from work on a given day, don't you just roll outta bed and head for the blind??? Rough weather hunting is not for the weak hearted, so if you are a bit soft and fret about the weather, you might wanna take up scrap booking.

No thanks, im pretty sure im about as hardcore as most on here or more. I dont have a boat so on closed campgrounds I take a dolly 2 heavy dity adjustable straps 3 bags of decoys and walk a mile or 2 pulling it up & down hills. Also I walk the whole campground when I scout, every little cove, so ya I do consider myself a hardcore hunter. I know most if hardly any of yall have done that. All for what? Just a chance at killing MAYBE a few ducks and or geese, ya. Just because I say one little thing about the weather people doesnt mean im not a hardcore hunter. I bet you wouldnt have even kept up with me this morning. You may say you would have but I doubt it. Did we see anything, ya 2 ducks and didnt get a shot & heard some geese. At least it was better than last time & didnt see a thing. I do it because I love waterfowl hunting & id rather be out there than stuck inside. Ya so i skipped out on one day in the 5 yrs I have been hunting, whoop de doo. Im sure yall have skipped out more than that.

Had to come back to this one. Is it a campground or a trailer park where you do the hardcore walkabout? On a scale of 1-10, just how hardcore do you consider yourself?

CLOSED CAMPGROUND ON THE LAKE FOR WATERFOWL HUNTING! Well i know probably higher up on the scale than you. BESIDES not going that 1 morning id say a 9. Why does that matter to you anyway? I have tried finding other spots not on a campground but everywhere has docks, houses, bridges, roads, man made structure and spots that are empty. I have sat countless afternoons and not seen a thing in most places & yes i was there in the afternoon & mornings

Face mask or face paint?

What does that matter, everyone has there preference. i bring both but use 1 or the other.

It's just a question, chief. So, in your opinion, what is it that makes you so hard core, and more hard core than most others? How does one go about measuring their level of hardcoreness?
User avatar
Willie
hunter
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Black Smoke, grizz18, hunt-4-life21, Lightnrod, Locked&Loaded, OHIODUCKA5, sparelink, Weston81 and 44 guests