duck hunting in page county VA or surrounding areas

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Postby fowljunkie887 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Hey y'all I'm new here but my buddies and I call ourselfs the fowl junkies tje problem is we all live in page county Virginia and we already have permission on all the ponds and river lots here but there is not that many birds here we got all the gear we got two dogs and we got the skill but we jus need the place that's holdin the birds so in terms we need help if u have a good place or know a good place please let us know my name is Clay by the way :help:
fowljunkie887
Newb

Re: duck hunting in page county VA or surrounding areas

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Clay - how old are you?
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby fowljunkie887 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm 23
fowljunkie887
Newb

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Page County is a county located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As of 2010, the population was 24,042.[1] Its county seat is Luray[2]. Page County was formed in 1831 from Shenandoah and Rockingham counties. It was named for John Page, Governor of Virginia from 1802 to 1805.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 314 square miles (813 km2), of which 311 square miles (806 km2) is land and 3 square miles (8 km2) (0.95%) is water. There ain't any ducks in Page County, Virginia.

Scource: Wikipedia
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby HNTFSH » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks.
No such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people
HNTFSH
Mr. Plond

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 pm

It's about time. It was staring to get boring around here.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
2013 DHC California cyber scouters---6
:moon:
NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Do you have barrel stickers with your group name on it?? Oh, and black hoodies with your logo too?? Those are really cool.

NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Holy crap. At the very bottom of the wiki article is a list of famous people who live in or lived in Page County.
THIS CAUGHT MY EYE!
Bethany Veney (c. 1813 – November 16, 1916), also known as Aunt Betty, was an African-American slave. Her autobiography was published 1889.
That's not me. :wink:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby fowljunkie887 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:15 pm

We do not have barrel stickers but we do have hoddies that are max-4 camo that say the fowl junkies on the back of them
fowljunkie887
Newb

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:19 pm

fowljunkie887 wrote:We do not have barrel stickers but we do have hoddies that are max-4 camo that say the fowl junkies on the back of them

Dang...Not as cool as I thought.

NuffDaddy
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:48 pm

aunt betty wrote:Holy crap. At the very bottom of the wiki article is a list of famous people who live in or lived in Page County.
THIS CAUGHT MY EYE!
Bethany Veney (c. 1813 – November 16, 1916), also known as Aunt Betty, was an African-American slave. Her autobiography was published 1889.

Pretty cool how you tied it all together in the end.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm

No true fowl junkies shoot 887s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Wow, the internet scouters on here get better and better.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Got all those spots and wants more :no:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 pm

fowljunkie887 wrote:Hey y'all I'm new here but my buddies and I call ourselfs the fowl junkies tje problem is we all live in page county Virginia and we already have permission on all the ponds and river lots here but there is not that many birds here we got all the gear we got two dogs and we got the skill but we jus need the place that's holdin the birds so in terms we need help if u have a good place or know a good place please let us know my name is Clay by the way :help:

If you have permission on all of the lakes and rivers, then you should know if you have any ducks. Going out and scouting is a good way to know this valuable piece of information. It is obvious you do not have any skill or you would already know where the ducks are or aren't. Now Clay, in order to have a team name you have to earn it. Fowl Junkies is probably a name that should be used by someone who can duck hunt, you cannot. We here at DHC will be glad to give you an appropriate nickname for you and your little friends. So how about it guys can we help out our friends from Virginia with an appropriate nickname? We could start with the obvious like "The Run-on Sentence Boys" or the "Lack of Punctuation Posse" or the "Cyberscouter Crew". We should have an expert on our forum that could eplain the whole Appalachian Flyway to you if you wish. His name is Indaswamp, just pm him and link this thread and you should get all of the information out that way on where to look for a good place or know of a good place to hunt or just someplace holding birds since you have two dogs and all of the skills!
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Give us the exact GPS cordinates of your top 3 places and We will consider helping you.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Willie » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Find tangier island slacker on here. He lives in or around Harrisonburg, and swears the birds are thick out that way. I know he hunts tangier too, but I believe he actually lives in Harrisonburg.

By the way, your part of va is a great place. I grew up in the tidewater area and went to tech.
Willie
hunter

Postby Tiler_J » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Hey Fowl, you didn't happen to move from NC to VA did you?
Tiler_J
hunter

Postby rank duck » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 am

Apparently punctuation hasn't made it to Page County Virginia yet.
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
rank duck
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:41 am

aunt betty wrote:Holy crap. At the very bottom of the wiki article is a list of famous people who live in or lived in Page County.
THIS CAUGHT MY EYE!

I'd have been more impressed if it'd been Aunt Bethany from Christmas Vacation......"Is your house on fire, Clark?
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 am

GomerPyle wrote:
THIS CAUGHT MY EYE!

I'd have been more impressed if it'd been Aunt Bethany from Christmas Vacation......"Is your house on fire, Clark?

Is Rusty still in the Navy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:
THIS CAUGHT MY EYE!

She wrapped up her damned cat!

At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:00 am

fowljunkie887 wrote:Hey y'all I'm new here but my buddies and I call ourselfs the fowl junkies tje problem is we all live in page county Virginia and we already have permission on all the ponds and river lots here but there is not that many birds here we got all the gear we got two dogs and we got the skill but we jus need the place that's holdin the birds so in terms we need help if u have a good place or know a good place please let us know my name is Clay by the way :help:

I would think we should defer this question to Miss Hunt. You're in luck. Helen is from your neck of the woods and has a vast knowledge of the Page County Virginia area, and all the places that hold ducks this time of year. Normaly I wouldn't give out her name, as it's times like this that everyone wants her advise on decoying weary birds.

Ask them boys from NC... they were also told to go to her for the info they wanted.

So to wrap this up... If you need help finding workable birds in and around Page County Virginia, Go to Helen Hunt for it...

Gunny :fingerhead:
Last edited by Gunnysway on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:02 am

GomerPyle wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:
THIS CAUGHT MY EYE!

She wrapped up her damned cat!

You couldn't hear a dump truck drive thru a nitro glycerin plant
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:03 am

Shes just going to tell him to call her X Mike hunt and ask
OGblackcloud
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole