Robo Ducks for realyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheap!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Robo Ducks for realyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheap!

Postby 20gauge24 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:07 pm

Well, not really Robo's,but you buy a remote control boat take out the motor and duck tape it two the bottom of your decoy. It has worked fine with my mallard flamies so you could gve it a try if you want.
The worst duck hunt is the best day of work.
20gauge24
hunter

Postby HUMBOLDT HUNTER » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:31 pm

Or you could juist buy a quiver magnet and put it in your decoy. :laughing:
HUMBOLDT HUNTER
hunter

Postby 20gauge24 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:05 pm

yeah you could
The worst duck hunt is the best day of work.
20gauge24
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:43 pm

but hen you don't get to drive it around...and oh how fun that is ... i know duck races on the water don't look realalistic but hey at least we are having fun...
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Hunten E Guy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:07 pm

we tried it, and it seemed like alot more of a hassel then need, it worked for a whie, but if it is not super water tight, the motor goes out, but it does work good for a lil bit
:thumbsup:
Hunten E Guy
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:03 pm

Herters makes a twin turbo decoy that runs on AA batteries. Problem is I often hunt where there is dense submergent weeds.

BTW there is a big difference between a decoy swimming and a decoy flapping for attracting them at long range...
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby yellowlab » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:37 am

yeah very ture h2o... speaking of that how do those swiming dekes work anywho??? i am not sure how well they would work but i am sure they would be fun to play with :yes: lol might have to make a new thred on these babies
yellow
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:50 am

the remote control ones that you can drive around like a little boat? Seems like it would be fun on a slow day...... Here in WA we cant use battery operated devices, I like it better that way though.... Keeps it from being a competition of who has more money....
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:23 pm

i would like to buy more motion dekes but i am afraid they will probly be outlawed soon.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shortbarrel » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:13 pm

Hey guys, I'm brand new to this chat board stuff, but have been reading your posts for some time...good stuff. Since you were discussing motion dekes, thought I'd share my recent experience with Herter's singe turbo decoy. Good concept, but you don't get enough motion to offset the hassle of the fragile motor, messing with batteries, hanging up on weeds etc.... Also, the finish on the Herter's deke was flaking badly after a quick 2 hour hunt. I bought it from Cabelas on Monday night and it went back Tuesday night. Use a jerk string for your motion or save your $ for a floating robo. They look like they would be very effective.
shortbarrel
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole