DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:04 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:This weekend is the modern gun opener for deer. I can't remember ever seeing this many fourwheelers being pulled around town.

It's always a circus down here.

People get stupid about this. I've already chased 2 poachers and had a run in with the neighbor today.

Kyle said it was far worse here than in MS. 49 is a madhouse on Friday before season.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby whisperin' duck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:14 pm

I'm setup this afternoon for 200-600 yards. Mainly to watch for the poachers to come in and fire one off on their general direction.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby t_baker » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:43 pm

whisperin' duck wrote:Image

I'm setup this afternoon for 200-600 yards. Mainly to watch for the poachers to come in and fire one off on their general direction.

What you shooting?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
t_baker
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:56 pm

LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Hello!

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 am

Went to Bed at 930. I'm feeling like a thousand bucks this morning
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:10 am

Went to bed after a 25 hr day, slept for 5 now back at the office for a 16hr work day.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:15 am

grizz18 wrote:Went to bed after a 25 hr day, slept for 5 now back at the office for a 16hr work day.

Get anything?
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:23 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:Went to bed after a 25 hr day, slept for 5 now back at the office for a 16hr work day.

Get anything?

It was an effing joke. As if NC doesn't suck bad enough they completely effed up what was there last week.

1) they mislabled the blinds
2) they waited until 2 days before the opener to go into the impoundments and move the blinds around and cut down brush on the edges to cover the blinds AND driver signs into the ground (WRONG SIGNS)

There was a decent # of birds in there when we scouted and were all big/good ducks. Ended up killing 1 ringneck, and there were less than 10 ducks seens pretty much all day.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 am

You work too much grizz.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:35 am

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:

You work too much grizz.

#saidnoonever
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:35 am

grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

Get anything?

It was an effing joke. As if NC doesn't suck bad enough they completely effed up what was there last week.

2) they waited until 2 days before the opener to go into the impoundments and move the blinds around and cut down brush on the edges to cover the blinds AND driver signs into the ground (WRONG SIGNS)

There was a decent # of birds in there when we scouted and were all big/good ducks. Ended up killing 1 ringneck, and there were less than 10 ducks seens pretty much all day.

Yeah that sucks. Opening weekend is a cluster****
Sounds just as bad as the early roost shooter that hunted the land next to ours yesterday. Manged 6 woodies between 3 of us and that was just because we shot well when given the chance.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:46 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

Get anything?

Sounds just as bad as the early roost shooter that hunted the land next to ours yesterday. Manged 6 woodies between 3 of us and that was just because we shot well when given the chance.

They have big ace sign at the land that shows the map, and blind locations (#'s) and GPS...we went to ours (#3) and there was a sign with a #2 pointing to it. EFFING MORONS. The other 2 groups were nice...get some rednecks in there and it could get ugly quick bc of the states screw up
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:49 am

grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

Get anything?

They have big ace sign at the land that shows the map, and blind locations (#'s) and GPS...we went to ours (#3) and there was a sign with a #2 pointing to it. EFFING MORONS. The other 2 groups were nice...get some rednecks in there and it could get ugly quick bc of the states screw up

Rednecks, when stupid, can mess a lot of things up. You hunted North River right?

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:56 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

Get anything?

Rednecks, when stupid, can mess a lot of things up. You hunted North River right?

Yes, but I'm not allowed to say per DHC NC Rules and Regulations. haha
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 am

grizz18 wrote:Yes, but I'm not allowed to say per DHC NC Rules and Regulations. haha

I'll bet you someone has googled/ google earthed North River since you posted that.

I'll post the coordinates of the spot I hunted yesterday for the cyberscouters. If they want to trespass go ahead, the land owner is definately not a guy I'd like to run into alone and off the beaten path in the dark though.

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:03 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:Yes, but I'm not allowed to say per DHC NC Rules and Regulations. haha

I'll bet you someone has googled/ google earthed North River since you posted that.

I'll post the coordinates of the spot I hunted yesterday for the cyberscouters. If they want to trespass go ahead, the land owner is definately not a guy I'd like to run into alone and off the beaten path in the dark though.

haha. We've got another draw next weekend. Saw pintail in it yesterday on the way home and several other birds. I have no expectations thought.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:08 am

grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

haha. We've got another draw next weekend. Saw pintail in it yesterday on the way home and several other birds. I have no expectations thought.

Kill it and send the picture to Assa. :lol3:
I'm going to try and get as far away from the edge of our swamp as possible, I'm thinking a 3/4 mile boat paddle session is in store next weekend. Maybe then I can get away from everyone else.

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:12 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

I'm going to try and get as far away from the edge of our swamp as possible, I'm thinking a 3/4 mile boat paddle session is in store next weekend. Maybe then I can get away from everyone else.

I'll follow you, so you're safe/
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:15 am

grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

Come on, I'll probably take TNAL there when he comes in January, I hope he just doesn't hate me afterwards. :lol3:

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:34 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

Come on, I'll probably take TNAL there when he comes in January, I hope he just doesn't hate me afterwards. :lol3:

He'll steal your soul.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby 18javelin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:33 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

He'll steal your soul.

then after he does we can be friends the Indians have mine now.... :hi:
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Got another trip westward to look forward to this year. Gonna be out in NW. TN.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:32 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:

He'll steal your soul.

He stole it when I first met him, this time around I am attempting to get it back.

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:34 pm

grizz18 wrote:Got another trip westward to look forward to this year. Gonna be out in NW. TN.

Yeah? Do tell.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole