DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:27 am

Botiz630 wrote:A 14 dollar gas station breakfast? What the hell did you buy, everything they had?

I pick up breakfast for my guys a few times a month. And I'm off Friday so I was starting the process of my apology a day early.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:32 am

Okay now it makes sense. I was cracking up at the image of one man somehow compiling a double digit breakfast out of gas station offerings.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby sampsonhuntin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:44 am

Hey guys, we can now watch Frankenstein online now that the spammer is back. YAYYYYYYY
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:48 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:Hey guys, we can now watch Frankenstein online now that the spammer is back. YAYYYYYYY

Did I miss one?
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:28 am

La. Hunter wrote:Thanks! I used to keep up with AR's when I was trying to figure out what I wanted for a patrol gun but haven't really done much research in them lately.

Are you wanting to buy or build? Glen Seekins makes one of the best AR's out there. LMT is very good as well. The best advice I can give is to get a 14.5" barrel with a pinned flash hider.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:29 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:A 14 dollar gas station breakfast? What the hell did you buy, everything they had?

I pick up breakfast for my guys a few times a month. And I'm off Friday so I was starting the process of my apology a day early.

It's tough being a boss.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:36 am

ByersFarm wrote:

It's tough being a boss.

Ya I have a guy who left his wife because she was cheating and she took his truck because it was in her name. And closed out their checking account so I've been having to go pick him up in the morning. I'm such a good boss.
teddysberna wrote:

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:40 am

ByersFarm wrote:

It's tough being a boss.

Ya I have a guy who left his wife because she was cheating and she took his truck because it was in her name. And closed out their checking account so I've been having to go pick him up in the morning. I'm such a good boss.

I will at your place at zero dark thirty, not sure where the blind is and if you would drive me out and just leave me that would be great. Thanks in advance. :lol3: :sarcmark:
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:42 am

quacknstack6 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

It's tough being a boss.

I will at your place at zero dark thirty, not sure where the blind is and if you would drive me out and just leave me that would be great. Thanks in advance. :lol3: :sarcmark:

You're out
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:43 am

quacknstack6 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

It's tough being a boss.

You're out

I'm in like flynn brother aint you heard?
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:46 am

ByersFarm wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:Thanks! I used to keep up with AR's when I was trying to figure out what I wanted for a patrol gun but haven't really done much research in them lately.

Are you wanting to buy or build? Glen Seekins makes one of the best AR's out there. LMT is very good as well. The best advice I can give is to get a 14.5" barrel with a pinned flash hider.

I haven't really made up my mind yet as to whether I want to buy or build.

Are you saying a 14.5 inch barrel for a longer range AR?
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 am

La. Hunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

For a mid range rifle I would go 16-18, but you can still ring steel at 300 yards with a 14.5in. There was a video of some guy with a 10inch doing it, or something like that. It's all personal preference. Take into consideration the twist ratio of the barrel as well. Like he said, LMT is awesome, Seekins is good chit too.
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby jehler » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:06 am

quacknstack6 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

It's tough being a boss.

The way he drives you'd be safer walking to the blind
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby Crazy Matt » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:08 am

:lol3:
Call, Kill, Consume.
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert

Postby jehler » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:09 am

Yukon - NV 1x24 Goggles
http://amzn.com/B002LIO8FM
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby quacknstack6 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:14 am

jehler wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

It's tough being a boss.

The way he drives you'd be safer walking to the blind

I'm from the south, that is normal for us.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:04 am

grizz18 wrote:Cold and Windy.

Once the weather gets a little better we are making a trip down to Wilmy or Oak. Let's party or fish or both.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:05 am

Sir Big Spur wrote:

Once the weather gets a little better we are making a trip down to Wilmy or Oak. Let's party or fish or both.

You can drink without fishing but can't fish without drinking. Fact.
teddysberna wrote:

Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby Sir Big Spur » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:07 am

Sir Big Spur wrote:

You can drink without fishing but can't fish without drinking. Fact.

Toosh.
Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips.
Sir Big Spur
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am

Crazy Matt wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

For a mid range rifle I would go 16-18, but you can still ring steel at 300 yards with a 14.5in. There was a video of some guy with a 10inch doing it, or something like that. It's all personal preference. Take into consideration the twist ratio of the barrel as well. Like he said, LMT is awesome, Seekins is good chit too.

Ive bought a couple Rock river uppers and have been very happy with them. I bought a R-Guns 24 inch bull and sold it after running 1 mag through it. Pure junk. The gun I just built was built for 300ish shots at coyotes. 80 percent lower. 6 position, mil spec trigger that i have feeling like a 200 drop in. RR coyote carbine upper. I have less than 800 in it before optics and it shoots like a dream. I posted a couple groups in the other MPT on Friday and a yote I killed today with it. 214 steps to it and dropped like a sack of taters.
t_baker
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:49 am

La. Hunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

I would never use an ar for long range work, but that's just me. I'm a build specific kind of guy. AR's are carbines and meant to be short and nimble. My 18" barreled .308 bolt gun is a nimble mid range gun. She will stretch to 1,000 if the wind is calm.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby t_baker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 am

ByersFarm wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:How much do you want to spend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter. I don't want to break the bank, but I don't want a cheap POS either. I'm just tossing the idea around right now. Deer season is over and duck is about to be, so I'm thinking about going after some coyotes. I have a Rock River Entry Tactical set up as my patrol rifle and I've thought about using it. It's dead on at a hundred, but it just has an Eotech on it.

You could always just put a white oak barrel on it, or another brand. I've been very pleased with my Wilson 300 blackout.

Talk to me about that 300. What kinda accuracy you seeing out of it? Really between that or a 308 build.
t_baker
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:52 am

ByersFarm wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

I would never use an ar for long range work, but that's just me. I'm a build specific kind of guy. AR's are carbines and meant to be short and nimble. My 18" barreled .308 bolt gun is a nimble mid range gun. She will stretch to 1,000 if the wind is calm.

Ill buy that. I think 3 or 4 is a good cut off with a AR. I leave my 25-06 in the truck for anything over that.
t_baker
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:54 am

t_baker wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

Ill buy that. I think 3 or 4 is a good cut off with a AR. I leave my 25-06 in the truck for anything over that.

Which 25-06 do you have? Do you like it?
Lonely wives, dirty trucks , and happy dogs.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:58 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
t_baker wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:

Which 25-06 do you have? Do you like it?

Savage edge. Same gun as the axis before they got sued. Yes I love it. Did the 2 cent trigger upgrade and pound tacks with it. I shoot 85 grain nosler ballistic tips through it. Blows big big holes.
t_baker
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole