DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o

Re: DHC almost has 3 Million posts...

Postby whistlin_wings » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:03 pm

8 lbs 13 oz and 21.5". I just know because she weighs him all the time and I have to carry him. It's about to get real because he's now rolling over from back to stomach and working on stomach to back then it's game over with sitting them in one place.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby 18javelin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:32 am

whistlin_wings wrote:8 lbs 13 oz and 21.5". I just know because she weighs him all the time and I have to carry him. It's about to get real because he's now rolling over from back to stomach and working on stomach to back then it's game over with sitting them in one place.

Once they become mobile chit gets real.... I watch my kids 2 and 5 year old 3 days a week when im off work.... Its nonstop action till mamma gets home... wears me out.. lol I mean work 12 hours straight wore out.... Heathens the whole lot of them :yes:
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:12 am

All this kid talk is scaring me... I know its just around the corner
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby 18javelin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 am

grizz18 wrote:All this kid talk is scaring me... I know its just around the corner

Its not that bad grizz, its actually the only thing in life that really changes you. When I walk in the room my little boy smacks his hand on my recliner that's my cue for him wanting to crawl up with me and watch hunting shows. Then he grabs the remote and says duck and makes shooting noises. Melts a guys heart. He loves watching outdoor channel.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:36 am

18javelin wrote:
grizz18 wrote:All this kid talk is scaring me... I know its just around the corner

Its not that bad grizz, its actually the only thing in life that really changes you. When I walk in the room my little boy smacks his hand on my recliner that's my cue for him wanting to crawl up with me and watch hunting shows. Then he grabs the remote and says duck and makes shooting noises. Melts a guys heart. He loves watching outdoor channel.

It doesn't even take that long Grizz. When mine smiles just at the sight of me it's over. I loved him the minute he was born, but I was never prepared for how much it would grow in six months.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby grizz18 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:50 am

ByersFarm wrote:
18javelin wrote:

It doesn't even take that long Grizz. When mine smiles just at the sight of me it's over. I loved him the minute he was born, but I was never prepared for how much it would grow in six months.

I'll be ready the second I get news that she's prego, but until then its a scary thought. We're probably a year away from it, less In her mind.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby beretta24 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:59 am

This^^^^ the pup has altered life plenty for at least a year. There's a chance I'll go into rut this fall though.
beretta24
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:07 am

You guys have all the time in the world. As great as it is, it is definitely life changing. In ways you can't grasp. I'll tell you guys the same thing I told westie, don't get in any hurry. I turned 32 just after my son was born, and I'm glad it was 26.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby grizz18 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:33 am

ByersFarm wrote:You guys have all the time in the world. As great as it is, it is definitely life changing. In ways you can't grasp. I'll tell you guys the same thing I told westie, don't get in any hurry. I turned 32 just after my son was born, and I'm glad it was 26.

I could wait till 30, but the wife says theres no way she'll wait that long.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby t_baker » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 am

I truly believe that the first 6 months of a puppy is worse than the first six months of a baby.

My daughter is 16 months and I have her every night that my wife works. It is really amazing all the mischief you can get into with a little one. She is definitely my side kick.

Listen to Cason, don't rush. But don't ever think you will regret it. It is truly a miracle.
t_baker
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:12 am

grizz18 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:You guys have all the time in the world. As great as it is, it is definitely life changing. In ways you can't grasp. I'll tell you guys the same thing I told westie, don't get in any hurry. I turned 32 just after my son was born, and I'm glad it was 26.

You control how long she'll wait! Your life will change for the good, but it will change in a way that can never be undone.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 am

I want a kid now.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S4
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:47 am

ByersFarm wrote:
grizz18 wrote:

You control how long she'll wait! Your life will change for the good, but it will change in a way that can never be undone.

Solid advice, we waited till we were 30 so we knew we had the financial aspect handled anyways. Im glad we did, but no matter how prepared you think you are the day it all unfolds you realize they don't come with a manual and winging it is all anyone does. You got this!

Marriage is a bond between two people, but each can go their separate ways. kids tie that bond forever... be sure who you have kids with is one you want that bond for life with. A Few of my friends have learned what having a crazy baby momma does to their relationship with their kids. So glad to know my wife since kindergarten for nothing except peace of mind I know her heart.
18javelin
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:28 am

I'm almost there :)
beretta24
hunter

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:52 am

When I'm 32, my daughter will be 12. I've always heard that if you wait until the timings right you'll always be waiting.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:24 am

whisperin' duck wrote:

When I'm 32, my daughter will be 12. I've always heard that if you wait until the timings right you'll always be waiting.

I wouldn't doubt that. I wasn't planning on mine. I think it's a matter of being ready, rather than things being perfect.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:04 am

ByersFarm wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:

I wouldn't doubt that. I wasn't planning on mine. I think it's a matter of being ready, rather than things being perfect.

Agreed
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby grizz18 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:50 am

Killing it again on online poker.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:56 am

grizz18 wrote:Killing it again on online poker.

Playing for money?

WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:57 am

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:

Playing for money?

Well I aint playing for candycorn and tic tacs.
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:07 pm

grizz18 wrote:

Playing for money?

Well I mean that's something I would play for so I just wanted to double check.

WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:35 pm

grizz18 wrote:

Playing for money?

Well I mean that's something I would play for so I just wanted to double check.

Yea, its for $$
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby sprigs4days » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:43 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:

I think it's a matter of being ready, rather than things being perfect.

No truer words have ever been spoke.
Good can triumph over evil if the angels are as organized as the mafia
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby steve-o » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:26 pm

It's sleeting :no:
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby whisperin' duck » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:38 pm

steve-o wrote:It's sleeting :no:

Keep that crap over there!
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole