Lake Seminole??

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Lake Seminole??

Postby GGreenway » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:24 am

Does anyone know if where the mouth of the Chattahoochee meets the big water is in Georgia?

How's the hunting there?
GGreenway
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:02 pm

Go to the link. Its a map of the whole National park.

http://data2.itc.nps.gov/parks/chat/ppMaps/UPDATED%20Chat%20Map%2Epdf
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GADKHNTR » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:53 pm

Unfortunately that map is of the hooch around Atlanta. The 'hooch runs along the AL/GA line and pours into Lake Seminole in the SW corner of GA. Most of Lake Seminole is considered part of GA, with small bits being considered FL and some bits considered AL. You'd need a map of the Lake to determind the exact state lines because ignorance is not considered an excuse by the local DNRs for being in the wrong state with a license for a state 100 ft away. Go to a local Walmart for a map..or Bainbridge Sporting Goods and stores around the lake have them if you're a local. We do a lot of hunting in the big lake in GA and have some good hunting. Where are you located?
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:20 pm

GADKHNTR wrote: You'd need a map of the Lake to determind the exact state lines because ignorance is not considered an excuse by the local DNRs for being in the wrong state with a license for a state 100 ft away.

I agree with you there, I know people that have found out the hard way on the Savannah where im from.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GADKHNTR » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:27 pm

I looked online for you. Hard to find lake maps w/o buying them. Try this. The mouth of it is pretty much split b/t GA and FL..so it depends on which side you wish to hunt. The best I came up with for now is this.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?co ... ++Search++

Just copy/paste it into your addy bar.
You'll have to click on Lake Sem. to get it centered then zoom in a bit and it will show you roughly which part is Jackson Co. FL and which part is in GA. But like I said, you probably want to buy a detailed map to find out the exact lines.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby GGreenway » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:40 pm

I live in Statesboro and have been hunting Seminole for about 5 years. I'm just now really figuring out how to hunt Seminole. I bought 3 dozen cheap greenhead decoys and painted them coot color; and have a dozen bluebills. The key is a large amount of coots and a lot of scouting.

Whats the best way to set the decoys out? I usually put the coots in line (kinda like a triangle) with the big decoys away a couple of feet and in the back of the group.
GGreenway
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole