Duck Hunting Tips of the Day

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: Duck Hunting Tips of the Day

Postby capt1972 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:34 am

MOhuntingGuy wrote:People from Almaville, TN don't really know how to spell and get butt hurt very easily.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he's like the new guy we just hired, won't be around long.
capt1972
hunter

Postby goldfish » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:11 pm

I wasn't going to post this up, it's my GOOD secret, but I actually learned a few things from this thread so I'll give a good one. For you nothern-ers, don't paint up your old, wore out decoys. Use them the first week or two of the season. The ducks are still kind of molted and the decoys will look a lot more like the local birds than your perfect full plumage decoys.
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby HardcoreDeeks » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 pm

I have a young lab... When hunting over water always have a stash of rocks in your backpack to throw in the direction of the bird if the dog can't find it.
HardcoreDeeks
Newb

Postby BigMuddy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:25 am

HardcoreDeeks wrote:I have a young lab... When hunting over water always have a stash of rocks in your backpack to throw in the direction of the bird if the dog can't find it.

A Wrist Rocket slingshot and Marbles work even better ---and sometimes it can used as a weapon ---on ducks, dogs or fellow duck hunters.--- :yes:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby Bay Bob » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:03 pm

This is the best stuff I have found for patching holes in decoys - - - and about anything else - - -

It is available in a "Fast Cure" formula if you are in a hurry !

Bay Bob
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:14 pm

3M 5200 is one of the wonder drugs of wet work repair. "Quick Steel" epoxy putty is another.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby cinnamonteal7 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 am

when you do decide to cut loose with your third shot on that mallard thats on the edge of your range and you connect and it drops, dont start jumping up and down throw a shell in and keep an eye on him for a second double tap if needed before you celebrate. saves ducks saves shells in the the long run.
miss him once shame on me, miss him twice on me agian, miss him three times damit! reload and watch where that SOB lands this isnt over.
cinnamonteal7
hunter

Postby Shade » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Keep a slug, or buck shot handy while making your way to and from the blind. Coyotes like ducks just as much as you do.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:08 pm

Shade wrote:Keep a slug, or buck shot handy while making your way to and from the blind. Coyotes like ducks just as much as you do.

But then be sure to throw that bad boy away, don't want to get busted for lead or single projectile by mr greenjeans
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby Michigan Duck Slayer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Try this stuff called corrosion x on your gun, it is pretty good it prevents surface rust and it also does a great job and removing surface rust. It is also great to lube your gun.
Michigan Duck Slayer
hunter

Postby Thatdudewhoduckhunts » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Don't give away 50 lanyards while on an iPad. 2 hours of typing pm's and you start seeing spots and get blisters on your fingers.
clampdaddy wrote:I can't speak for God but I'm pretty sure that the killing of babies would probably be near the top of his list of things you shouldn't do.
Thatdudewhoduckhunts
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby #4Buckshot » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Don't be timid to tell any hunter around you (after the fact) to keep his muzzle pointed away from you.
I don't care if it's on safe.
I don't care if it's unloaded.

Keep the damn thing pointed away from me when/if we: walk together, walk past each other, stand or sit around each other or hunt together.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby duck17 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:44 pm

buy floaters and DCVR amphibious stakes, now you have water decoys and field decoys at a fraction of the cost. I buy flocked head goose floaters and oversized duck floaters. Work great for me and look exactly the same in a field on the stakes. good luck
duck17
Newb

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:20 pm

^ Nice spam post...
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby #4Buckshot » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:23 pm

Uh Oh ^

What.......the..........F.......!!!!
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby #4Buckshot » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:25 pm

Sorry Mo Guy, not you.

You just were quicker.
#4Buckshot
hunter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:28 pm

Its all good.

Well lets keep this thread going.

Always keep a spare hoodie and sweat pants in the truck in case you get wet and need some dry clothes to sit in on the drive back home.

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:05 am

Did that spam post say "some may frown upon shooting duck hunters"? :lol3: OKay back on topic alwaysmake sure the tailgate to your truck is closed before leaving the parking lot if you keep gear in the bed of your truck. If not, you WILL lose gear. Like waders.
ScaupHunter wrote:Oompa Loompa Loofah de do. Who wants to share a Loofa with you?
ducks~n~bucks
McLovin

Postby FMFdevildoc » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:13 am

Disassemble, wash and clean Brand New Haydel's DR-85 duck calls.

Or you may puke in your mouth a little...

Also take caution to consider whether calling while using smokeless tobacco is wise.

Trust me. It sucks. :fingerhead:
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:35 am

FMFdevildoc wrote:Disassemble, wash and clean Brand New Haydel's DR-85 duck calls.

Also take caution to consider whether calling while using smokeless tobacco is wise.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby possumfoot » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:55 am

FMFdevildoc wrote:Disassemble, wash and clean Brand New Haydel's DR-85 duck calls.

never had a problem.. and they started using something on the new haydels.. they now smell like vanilla.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Shade » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Skoal Pouches..... Best invention ever.
Last edited by Shade on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby capt1972 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:03 am

Don't come to DHC to cyberscout!
capt1972
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:50 am

Im being 100% serious and honest:
One morning on the way to the hole me and my "friend" stopped at a kangaroo and got some coffee you know the premixed coffee thats more of a syrup than anything anywho this and cigarettes have a neg. affect on my stomach. Going down the path it hit. You know what I mean it not only hit but struck like lightning so I:
Got out of the truck ran to the back all the while exposing my butt to the frigid b!*#h of winter, grabbed the rear bumper and took a releiving squat. So whats the problem? Hell I do that all the time you might say. Well Ill tell you the problem is that I left the keys in the truck and the truck on with my "friend" inside who got the grand Idea to slide over to the drivers seat. No prob hes gonna drive the rest of the way...Wrong that SOB pulled the lever from Park to Reverse to Neutral to Drive to H. Now I never knew my tranny had an H in the gear selector for those of you who dont know what this is-When your holding on to your bumper with the mud butt and your "friend" goes through the gears to H and lets off the brake you understand that H stands for HOLD the HELL ON or HOP DUMB@$$ HOP Bc I assure you I learned this and adapted rather quickly might add. it is a miserating experience and will piss you the F#$% off and cause your "friend" to laugh at you uncontrolably which will then increase your level of aggravation to more of a....Biblical Wrath and you may or may not assault that friend and after you throw him on the ground and hit him a few times youll find that it really doesnt matter because he still thinks that you being drug behind a truck bare @$$ed throught the mud when you have the runs, is STILL funny as $#!T I could go on and on about what happens but you get the jist of it. Okay on to my Tip o' the day which is not dont drink kangaroo coffee and smoke cigs bc that $%#t is delicious and I refuse to stop. It isn't don't smoke with your 'Roo coffee bc I'm addicted and that $%#t is delicious. It isn't go before you leave the house bc I've tried it and it dont matter cause mud butt comes whenever it wants to AFTER your 'Roo Coffee and cigs. Believe me its a whole new witches brew my friends.
My tip is if you are forced to hang onto the back of your vehicle while you got the mud butt, take the freaking keys out of the ignition and away from your "friends" That is my Tip 'O the day and I hope it helps...

Looking back at it later this year, even tho it was a drag it was a pretty dang funny story but true unfortunatley :hi:
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby Just call me...Crackshot » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Don't piss into the wind, it'll end up on your shoes and in your pants :rolleyes: :no:
WTN10 wrote:That's a million dollar house in the background and Doc is climbing around on a Bargain Bin deer stand.

Rich people are 'tards.
Just call me...Crackshot
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole