Duck Hunting Tips of the Day

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: Duck Hunting Tips of the Day

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Take the time to pull your waders to your ANKLES not to your waist as the loss of bladder pressure will result in much "dribbling" on your waders which you then have to roll back up on your chest
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:33 pm

When you pee, fold your waders inside in the front so the aforementioned dribbling doesnt occur inside your waders
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby ffmcfaull » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:04 am

Real men don't "dribble"
Watching one sunrise at a time
ffmcfaull
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:07 am

ffmcfaull wrote:only old men "dribble"

FIFY :hi:
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby ffmcfaull » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:12 am

Don't know what fify means, but hi huntall6.
Tip of the day, don't move
ffmcfaull
hunter

Postby duck jerky » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:01 am

Never wear full white camo when around cows you might just get charged at and don't use your gun to hit the cow in the head it will bust your gun. :sad:
duck jerky
hunter

Postby duck jerky » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:03 am

When coming back to your vehicle always put gun in first never lean against the vehicle or lean it up against anything you might just forget about it :oops:
duck jerky
hunter

Postby ffmcfaull » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Duckjerky, are cows more likely to charge you if you're in all white? If so that's some useful info. I didnt know that.
ffmcfaull
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:05 am

Win the lottery.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby duck jerky » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:00 pm

ffmcfaull wrote:Duckjerky, are cows more likely to charge you if you're in all white? If so that's some useful info. I didnt know that.

Well I have walked past these cows for years and had no problems but this time I was all in white except abit of my waders and well the cow didn't like it and it came right at me I was hollering at it but didn't work she put her head down and thought o crap so just at the last second I swung my gun hit her in the head and broke the barrel.
duck jerky
hunter

Postby Steel Shot » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:50 pm

ffmcfaull wrote:Duckjerky, are cows more likely to charge you if you're in all white? If so that's some useful info. I didnt know that.

Cows are colorblind.
Steel Shot
hunter

Postby Shade » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:09 am

Steel Shot wrote:

Cows are colorblind.

Which means they see in Black and White, therefore wear one solid color makes it easy to pick out your outline from the surroundings. Especially all white. Whether or not they see white as a threat.........?
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby drakz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Cows will charge you when they have young around. Where I hunt I have to park and walk through cows when the kids are not around but when the kids are out with Mommy, the farmer makes us drive past them and park in a different spot because they will and have charged the hunters where I go. :huh:

Call me a whimp, for some reason Cows freak me out. I prefer driving by them. I can say though about the white thing. I have a White Ford Ranger and one day I swear about 30 cows huddled around my truck and licked the Crap out of my truck. It looked like I had a Camo Pattern up and down my whole truck because of the Crap all over their tongues. :lol3:
is that my beer?
drakz
hunter

Postby Shade » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:59 pm

drakz wrote:Cows will charge you when they have young around. Where I hunt I have to park and walk through cows when the kids are not around but when the kids are out with Mommy, the farmer makes us drive past them and park in a different spot because they will and have charged the hunters where I go. :huh:

Call me a whimp, for some reason Cows freak me out. I prefer driving by them. I can say though about the white thing. I have a White Ford Ranger and one day I swear about 30 cows huddled around my truck and licked the Crap out of my truck. It looked like I had a Camo Pattern up and down my whole truck because of the Crap all over their tongues. :lol3:

Ooh, Bessy, look over there. They brought in a Giant Salt Lick! :lol3:
Shade,
Yard Buck pro-staff trainee
Shade
hunter

Postby drakz » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:36 pm

"Ooh, Bessy, look over there. They brought in a Giant Salt Lick! :lol3:"

I know, that's what I thought! They got every square inch of that thing. I don't know what they liked about it, but it was pretty bad. I remember leaving the crap on there and going to work and my boss was giving me a hard :lol3: time!
is that my beer?
drakz
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Paint the white parts on your decoys extra. White is the easiest color to see and decoys with "fresh" white POP. I stole that tip out of Ducks Unlimited magazine which is also a source for many good tips.

If you have to bust ice
the hunt's gunna be nice
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby huntall6 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:33 pm

ffmcfaull wrote:Don't know what fify means, but hi huntall6.
Tip of the day, don't move

FIFY-Fixed It For You
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby Steel Shot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 pm

A pencil makes a good plug.
Steel Shot
hunter

Postby Just call me...Crackshot » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Steel Shot wrote:A pencil makes a good plug.

:lol3: My friend Chad in Utah got busted for this. We just got done hunting that day and were walking to the truck when he goes "Watch this sweet trick I can do" and put in a fourth shell in his gun. Well when we got to the truck Mr. Green Jeans comes over to check our plugs. When he gets to Chad, he is shaking the gun and the Warden asks him what he's doing, he say "Trying to get my plug back in place". So don't use a pencil :lol3: funniest ticket I've seen given.
WTN10 wrote:That's a million dollar house in the background and Doc is climbing around on a Bargain Bin deer stand.

Rich people are 'tards.
Just call me...Crackshot
hunter

Postby duckmanNV » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Tip of the day- dont forget your ammo
duckmanNV
hunter

Postby Steel Shot » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 pm

duckmanNV wrote:Tip of the day- dont forget your ammo

Or your gun.
Steel Shot
hunter

Postby FMFdevildoc » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Ever get tired of PAYING a premium for face paint, just because it's called "camo"?

OCTOBER AT WALMART = HALLOWEEN AISLE!!

For 97 cents, many walmarts carry tubes of green / black / brown facepaint. Look for the orange - boxed "endcap" displays. It looks like walmart's own "housebrand".

Decent paint, cheaper than sporting goods / military surplus - etc.
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Postby ChocLabLove » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:42 am

Leave your truck keys somewhere around your truck when you leave. Wont lose em that way and it'll allow your hunt bud to get out and get help if something happens. I stick mine under the bumper or caribiner them to a brake line or something... my dad got swept down the river when i was a kid and if he had the keys in his pocket i woulda been stuck. :fingerhead: :tongue: instead, i took the truck and parralleled him down the river and he had a warm truck to get into immediately... plus he let me drive home
Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Genesis 27:3
ChocLabLove
hunter

Postby NotSoSimple » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:17 pm

When you are plucking and you have those little fluffs of feathers that seem to take forever to get off. Spit on your thumb and rub. It will take them right off. To get feathers/down off of the legs, just milk the legs and it will come right off.
NotSoSimple
hunter

Postby Barney#1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 pm

When out hunting in the boat make shure ALL Keys have a floating key chain. :fingerhead:
Barney#1
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole