Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, La. Hunter, Preacher1011, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby ByersFarm » Thu May 09, 2013 11:25 am

The only way to have birds like that on a regular basis is to shoot when given the opportunity. I love to have them as close as possible. It makes for easier shots and a quicker exit. My main goal in the blind is to leave as quickly as possible. If you don't allow the birds to return to the field, they won't be there the next day. At least it's a strategy that works for us day in and day out.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 11247
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR


Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu May 09, 2013 11:42 am

whistlin_wings wrote:
WTN10 wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
WTN10 wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:
WTN10 wrote:Byers was the only one with the safe shot. I could have taken one and rung the frick out of his ears, but I'd miss and then he would have taken the band and told me to leave.

:biggrin:

I couldn't believe it when it came up banded. First bird of the hunt.

My goose shooting skills didn't level up until the next weekend.


I've heard he would have taken the band if you had hit it or not. :biggrin:


What I mean is I'd rather keep a friend than shoot a band.

Ever shot a band?


You saw my lanyard.

0 bands but plenty of friends. We can sacrifice WD


WHOA, Slow YO ROLLLLLL!!!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5744
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby RNTbuck » Thu May 09, 2013 12:39 pm

ByersFarm wrote: My main goal in the blind is to leave as quickly as possible.


mine too, but for different reasons...mostly because of a pounding head and glassy eyes....

"hurry up and get finished brahs so we can head back and take a nap and start it all over again"

no kidding, i wish i could remember the exact minute tally for opening day for our group (myself, cason, and couple other clowns), whatever it was, it seemed rather ridiculous to be like BACK at the lodge with street clothes on before 7am or something crazy like that....makes for a good day....bet that
Brah...I'm gonna need counsel
whitecotton wrote:.. I hear you like some schit called a torta.. pm me what the hell it is and ill try to steal you one..
RNTbuck
hunter
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 am
Location: sugar..

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu May 09, 2013 12:47 pm

RNTbuck wrote:
ByersFarm wrote: My main goal in the blind is to leave as quickly as possible.


mine too, but for different reasons...mostly because of a pounding head and glassy eyes....

"hurry up and get finished brahs so we can head back and take a nap and start it all over again"

no kidding, i wish i could remember the exact minute tally for opening day for our group (myself, cason, and couple other clowns), whatever it was, it seemed rather ridiculous to be like BACK at the lodge with street clothes on before 7am or something crazy like that....makes for a good day....bet that


Usually I wish I could stay in the blind longer....
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 7482
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby WTN10 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:54 pm

RNTbuck wrote:
ByersFarm wrote: My main goal in the blind is to leave as quickly as possible.


mine too, but for different reasons...mostly because of a pounding head and glassy eyes....

"hurry up and get finished brahs so we can head back and take a nap and start it all over again"

no kidding, i wish i could remember the exact minute tally for opening day for our group (myself, cason, and couple other clowns), whatever it was, it seemed rather ridiculous to be like BACK at the lodge with street clothes on before 7am or something crazy like that....makes for a good day....bet that


And for all of that, Buck is one of the best people to have in the blind.
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Bad news new guy, once WTN has accepted you, you are automatically a world renown douche.
User avatar
WTN10
hunter
 
Posts: 13830
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Western Tunisia

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby RNTbuck » Thu May 09, 2013 1:12 pm

WTN10 wrote:
RNTbuck wrote:
ByersFarm wrote: My main goal in the blind is to leave as quickly as possible.


mine too, but for different reasons...mostly because of a pounding head and glassy eyes....

"hurry up and get finished brahs so we can head back and take a nap and start it all over again"

no kidding, i wish i could remember the exact minute tally for opening day for our group (myself, cason, and couple other clowns), whatever it was, it seemed rather ridiculous to be like BACK at the lodge with street clothes on before 7am or something crazy like that....makes for a good day....bet that


And for all of that, Buck is one of the best people to have in the blind.


thanks brah, strictly because ive still got my clown on from the night before.... :fingerhead:
Brah...I'm gonna need counsel
whitecotton wrote:.. I hear you like some schit called a torta.. pm me what the hell it is and ill try to steal you one..
RNTbuck
hunter
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:11 am
Location: sugar..

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby Rick Hall » Thu May 09, 2013 2:09 pm

WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Usually I wish I could stay in the blind longer....


Me, too. The satisfaction of being first back to the boathouse takes a hit when I kill the motor and hear the gunfire of others still out there enjoying the hunt.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 12827
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Rick Hall wrote:
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Usually I wish I could stay in the blind longer....


Me, too. The satisfaction of being first back to the boathouse takes a hit when I kill the motor and hear the gunfire of others still out there enjoying the hunt.


Dammit Rick! You ruined my joke!
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 7482
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby Rick Hall » Thu May 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Sorry, I was too dense to spot it.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 12827
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Thu May 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Sorry, I was too dense to spot it.


But quick enough to pick up my drunken spelling :lol3:
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 7482
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby huntfishnv » Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 pm

sky busters
Nick Roehl wrote:Everything I say is so damn good you need to quote it for your signiture.


Un-expect the expected
User avatar
huntfishnv
hunter
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 8:54 pm
Location: North but not all the way

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby ByersFarm » Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm

While I understand what you guys mean by spending time in the blind I'm never sad to finish a hunt quickly. Some of the best stories come from the slower mornings, but I wouldn't trade any of them for a morning when I don't get to put down my call. We can tell stories back at the clubhouse.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 11247
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby cannon » Thu May 09, 2013 7:22 pm

That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 3770
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 pm

WTN10 wrote:
RNTbuck wrote:
ByersFarm wrote: My main goal in the blind is to leave as quickly as possible.


mine too, but for different reasons...mostly because of a pounding head and glassy eyes....

"hurry up and get finished brahs so we can head back and take a nap and start it all over again"

no kidding, i wish i could remember the exact minute tally for opening day for our group (myself, cason, and couple other clowns), whatever it was, it seemed rather ridiculous to be like BACK at the lodge with street clothes on before 7am or something crazy like that....makes for a good day....bet that


And for all of that, Buck is one of the best people to have in the blind.

I'll second that... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 54670
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby waterfowlman » Thu May 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Great video Matt! Nice editing job. Cason should comp you a few hunts for that one. :lol3: :lol3:
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
User avatar
waterfowlman
SIR
 
Posts: 4212
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:35 pm
Location: Eastern Shore of Virginia

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby Crazy Matt » Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 pm

cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.


Cannon, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality as well. Thank you so much for hosting US on a hunt. I thoroughly enjoy BLASTIN' cigs and talking about life with you. One day brother, we will do it again. I owe just as much respect to Cannon as I do to Byers. Thank you, sir.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby cannon » Thu May 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.


Cannon, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality as well. Thank you so much for hosting US on a hunt. I thoroughly enjoy BLASTIN' cigs and talking about life with you. One day brother, we will do it again. I owe just as much respect to Cannon as I do to Byers. Thank you, sir.


Nope, was a my privilege to have you gents. If you do come back, I'm gonna suggest signing your stamps. Just sayin'.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 3770
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu May 09, 2013 9:42 pm

cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.


Cannon, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality as well. Thank you so much for hosting US on a hunt. I thoroughly enjoy BLASTIN' cigs and talking about life with you. One day brother, we will do it again. I owe just as much respect to Cannon as I do to Byers. Thank you, sir.


Nope, was a my privilege to have you gents. If you do come back, I'm gonna suggest signing your stamps. Just sayin'.


At least they had theirs!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 5744
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby Crazy Matt » Fri May 10, 2013 5:54 am

cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.


Cannon, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality as well. Thank you so much for hosting US on a hunt. I thoroughly enjoy BLASTIN' cigs and talking about life with you. One day brother, we will do it again. I owe just as much respect to Cannon as I do to Byers. Thank you, sir.


Nope, was a my privilege to have you gents. If you do come back, I'm gonna suggest signing your stamps. Just sayin'.


Haha! Effin Arkansas stamps. That staple saved me.
Call, Kill, Consume.
User avatar
Crazy Matt
Explosives Expert
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby cannon » Fri May 10, 2013 6:01 am

Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.


Cannon, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality as well. Thank you so much for hosting US on a hunt. I thoroughly enjoy BLASTIN' cigs and talking about life with you. One day brother, we will do it again. I owe just as much respect to Cannon as I do to Byers. Thank you, sir.


Nope, was a my privilege to have you gents. If you do come back, I'm gonna suggest signing your stamps. Just sayin'.


Haha! Effin Arkansas stamps. That staple saved me.


First and last time I've seen Mr. Green Jeans on my place in more than 3 years.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 3770
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri May 10, 2013 6:20 am

cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.


Cannon, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality as well. Thank you so much for hosting US on a hunt. I thoroughly enjoy BLASTIN' cigs and talking about life with you. One day brother, we will do it again. I owe just as much respect to Cannon as I do to Byers. Thank you, sir.


Nope, was a my privilege to have you gents. If you do come back, I'm gonna suggest signing your stamps. Just sayin'.


Haha! Effin Arkansas stamps. That staple saved me.


First and last time I've seen Mr. Green Jeans on my place in more than 3 years.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368188456.543530.jpg
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 11180
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri May 10, 2013 6:56 am

They must have sensed a disturbance in Arkansas. Trouble follows Matt everywhere
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368190587.147888.jpg
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 8730
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby ByersFarm » Fri May 10, 2013 7:00 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.


Cannon, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality as well. Thank you so much for hosting US on a hunt. I thoroughly enjoy BLASTIN' cigs and talking about life with you. One day brother, we will do it again. I owe just as much respect to Cannon as I do to Byers. Thank you, sir.


Nope, was a my privilege to have you gents. If you do come back, I'm gonna suggest signing your stamps. Just sayin'.


Haha! Effin Arkansas stamps. That staple saved me.


First and last time I've seen Mr. Green Jeans on my place in more than 3 years.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368188456.543530.jpg


"What's a GHL?" He says to The Heron.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 11247
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri May 10, 2013 7:01 am

ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:
Crazy Matt wrote:
cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.


Cannon, I cannot thank you enough for your hospitality as well. Thank you so much for hosting US on a hunt. I thoroughly enjoy BLASTIN' cigs and talking about life with you. One day brother, we will do it again. I owe just as much respect to Cannon as I do to Byers. Thank you, sir.


Nope, was a my privilege to have you gents. If you do come back, I'm gonna suggest signing your stamps. Just sayin'.


Haha! Effin Arkansas stamps. That staple saved me.


First and last time I've seen Mr. Green Jeans on my place in more than 3 years.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21368188456.543530.jpg


"What's a GHL?" He says to The Heron.


Yep. The best part.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 11180
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Bill Byers Hunter Club Video

Postby ByersFarm » Fri May 10, 2013 7:02 am

cannon wrote:That video was fargin' awesome, Matt.

This season was a hoot. It's a rare occasion (Cason can relate) when I get to venture off the farm during duck season. This year, when I did get to leave, I made some real friends. Has been an honor, gents.

Hats off to the BBHC crew for the hospitality.

Making it up there was one of the highlights of my season. A very memorable hunt for sure.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 11247
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], OHIODUCKA5, rank duck, WTN10 and 23 guests