*Atlantic Flyway Rambler Sign Ups*

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: *Atlantic Flyway Rambler Sign Ups*

Postby NJTFM » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:35 am

BonzaiDuck227 wrote:Saturdays here and still don't have rambler, so ridiculous. Anyway won't get a chance to hunt over it due to you can't hunt Sundays in CT. If it ever gets here ill pass right on to next person.

Yeah Bonzai it is ridiculous. Big shout out to the USPS for ruining this tradition.... sent priority mail on Monday. We were told it would arrive in two days... come friday it was just leaving the shipping center in nj. I wish there was soimething we could do... if people dont believe us i will post a picture of the receipt. I truly am sorry but dont know what else could have been done.
Team Fowl Mouth

Check out some of our sponsors!

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

Spirit Pen - Camo Face Paint

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby erp10 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Bonzai any sign on the decoy yet?
erp10
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Yeah ended up getting it late but it's on it's way to next person
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby erp10 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:22 am

I didn't get the decoy until Friday so he missed out on the action Thursday and Friday morning. As expected the birds moved on and the decoy didn't see any action Saturday when I got him out. The only thing in gunning range were lawndarts and I'm not shooting them.
Attachments
20131130_073336-1.jpg
erp10
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:09 am

got the little guy yesterday. Took him out this mornin for a bath, but had no luck over him. Saw 6 ducks total. Foggy, and 50deg. had high hopes but let down again. probably will ship out tomorrow cause theres no ducks around in either state i hunt. Hes commin deer hunting with me tonight, so maybe he'll brinbg me some luck in the woods. Nice touch with the Magnums too!!
:lol: :lol: :clapping: :clapping:
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:02 pm

alright, just got back from the post office. He's on his way to VA. Hope you guys further down the line have better success and better weather over him then I did
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby callncut » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:54 pm

The rambler has landed in Va, I will get him on the water this weekend along with the va ramblers!
callncut
Super Moderator

Postby jerseydutch » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Sept. 2 Grizz18

Sept. 9 OmegaRed

Sept. 16 tmclaimerFL

Sept. 23

Sept. 30 Hickunit

Oct 7

Oct 14 NJTFM

Oct. 21

Oct. 28

Nov. 4

Nov. 11

Nov.18 Bonzaiduck227

Nov. 25 Erp10

Dec 2. HUNTFISH12

Dec 9. Callncut

Dec. 16 Mr. Pymatuning

Dec 23 Coleman24

Dec. 30 JerseyDutch

Jan 7 Waterfowlman

Jan 14 Dep 6

Jan 21 TIS

Jan 28 -

Feb 4 - Capt Jeff Kraynik

Att to Mr. Pymatuning I talked with coleman and switched our dates because I think it will work out better logistically. You guys can either meet up and swap the decoy or if you ship it will be faster/cheaper than to me. They can get their annual xmas eve bash in over it and then hopefully come down to hunt with me at the end of the week...if not shipping from se pa to jersey shouldn't be too bad.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby callncut » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Well I was only able to hunt sat. Saw a pile of birds and had a few shots that we didnt take and ended up with a skunk.
callncut
Super Moderator

Postby Coleman24 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Received the decoy today... Loved all the "packaging" haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coleman24
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Glad somebody killed something. Nice work Tyler.

Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:53 am

Decoy arrived Sat while I was in NYC with the gf. Lack luster morning today. One green wing for the little guy. I like his travel goodies. I will report with more details and pictures later in the week.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby NJTFM » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm

Glad to see the Rambler is still making its way down the flyway. Look for some changes in next years rambler process.
Team Fowl Mouth

Check out some of our sponsors!

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

Spirit Pen - Camo Face Paint

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:07 pm

Rambler watched us pile up a 5man limit of honkers this morning. I really wanted to go snow goose hunting out in the meadow but am sure glad I took the easier option.

Yesterday afternoon I doubled on geese. Pretty slow but we knew the birds would show. Naturally over 200 came in after lst when the gf and I were packing it up.

Off to some new years festivities. I will post some pictures at the end of the week. It's going to get bitter cold. If I don't have to work I hope to pile up a few ducks before passing the decoy on.

waterfowlman I still need your address. I will send a pm as well.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:59 pm

The rambler was spoiled today...well he froze his ass off but it was worth it! Had a nice morning on the river at one of my favorite spots. Have been waiting for weather conditions like this for two years for this spot for one reason....pintails. Well, unfortunately we lost the only pintail of the morning...a stud drake my brother dropped on the marsh opposite from us. Went over and found the dent in the ice where it hit, then blood trail and tracks leading to the ditch...looked for quite a while to no avail. That was the first nice pintail either of us shot in the last three or four years. We still had a nice steady morning otherwise with 7 mallards and two black ducks. Mid day my buddy sends me a text saying to come to his friends pit blind because they are crushing the canadas and snows...Well don't mind if we do!

Wrapped up the puddle duck rig, put the icy boat on the trailer and headed to the fields! The guys already had their three man canada limit, a mallard and about 20 snows down by the time we got there. The snow action slowed for the afternoon but we knocked a few more down and filled out our 3 man canada limit to end the day with 6man limit of canadas, 24 snows, and one mallard for the pit blind. First time gunning a pit for me. Exhausted and will post pictures tomorrow. Low of 5 tonight plus a longgg day means I am staying in bed tomorrow. I will send the rambler southbound tomorrow.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey fellas.
Just received the rambler from post office late this afternoon (Friday 1/10). Took it out of box, took a couple of pictures of it at my place and then sent it to Dep6 an hour later in order to keep it on schedule. We've been hunting all week and my post office is only open from 8-11 am on Saturdays (tomorrow) and we'll be out chasing geese during that time. Thought it best to just pass it on rather than screw up the schedule. Left a little something in there for Randy.
Attachments
Traveler1.png
Thought I'd add a little marshy aroma to it.
Traveler.png
Rambler overlooking eastern shore marsh.
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby jerseydutch » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Friday?! Geeze so much for paying for priority 2day. I went to send it sat in hopes to get it out earlier since it seems guys are getting it late. I made it to the post office 20 mins after they closed (miss-read hours of operation on sat). Guy behind the locked door looked and me with this get the f away look. Sent it monday and they said it would be there wed.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:01 am

My post office is 200 yards from my houseboat and I checked for rambler every afternoon when we came in from hunting. Apparently it went to Philadelphia, then Michigan, then somewhere else. I think part of the problem was all of the previous shipping labels with bar codes on the box. I covered all of those labels with a sheet of white paper when shipping to Dep6. Suggest covering all previous shipping labels in future.
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby Dep6 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:37 am

Got the Rambler hope to get out Friday morning with it, that is the plan right now.

TY sir I have not seen any of those in a while.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Dep6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:37 pm

It was one of those days. I forget the spare and of course I had a blowout on the trailer. SOOOOO I turned around and got spare by that time it was too late to hunt, just the way my year has been. TIS it is on the way.
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Coleman24 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:55 am

Waterfowlman, before sending it to jerseydutch I covered it with 2 sheets of paper.. And covered previous labels, as a precaution... I'm thinking USPS F'd this one up.. It's been an off year with this rambler...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coleman24
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Guys, I'm terribly sorry to report that the rambler was lost in an ice slide this morning. The river we were hunting went from docile and 95% open to a lava flow of giant ice chunks in less than 45 minutes. Many decoys were sunk, and the situation became very dangerous VERY quickly. Multiple guys tried for two hours to find the rambler with no luck before we were forced to put our personal safety above all else. When we set up at 6:30, the river was calm and all was well. We've hunted there under similar conditions several times with good success, and neither of the landowners I work with there has ever seen it ice over in several decades each. The changes to that water this morning is the craziest thing I've seen in my entire hunting career, it was truly startling just how quickly we went from having completely open water to dealing with floating ice chunks swallowing decoys like alligators.

I will of course offer to buy another decoy if he has one on the shelf, and for the time being send a regular plastic deek to the next guy in line, along with the box of goodies.

I will also go back as soon as we get any kind of thaw (could be a while) and search high and low for the original. The guy were were on owns several miles downstream from where we were set up, and I'll walk it many times as soon as possible in an effort to get it back.

This isn't a joke or prank, that ice flow --and the suddenness with which it developed-- is the craziest thing I've seen in the woods in quite a while, I didn't even realize that something like that was possible.

Again, I'm sorry, amd will do whatever I can to make this right. Wish I was joking, but definitely not.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Stuff happens. Glad y'all got out of there safely. Unfortunately, you now owe all of us a $50 "loss rambler fee" to compensate for all of our lost progress. @@@

Sent from my iPhone3 using Anti-Botiz software.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:13 pm

With the drownings that have occurred that I know of, it sounds like you had no other choice. There can always be another decoy but not another TIS, glad all are safe!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Capt Jeff Kraynik » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Glad all are safe!!!

It will be sad to announce @ the Florida DU sanctioned world calling qualifier that Rambler "drowned" in a flash flood & will not be @ this years event!!!

Capt. Jeff Kraynik
Florida Ducks Unlimited
State Calling Chairman
"Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive"

321-863-9182
Waterfowl-Alligator-Light-Tackle Saltwater Flats Fishing
Capt Jeff Kraynik
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole