Trapping an in town Racoon?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: Trapping an in town Racoon?

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:57 pm

OK fine. I will post the video unedited. However in the event of rabies L&L you have to administer the shots
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:OK fine. I will post the video unedited. However in the event of rabies L&L you have to administer the shots

I'm not getting in the same room as your rabies infested ass! There are, however, some pretty hot nurses and residents that work here, so a chance to meet a few of them might be worth exposure to the virus.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:OK fine. I will post the video unedited. However in the event of rabies L&L you have to administer the shots

I'm not getting in the same room as your rabies infested ass! There are, however, some pretty hot nurses and residents that work here, so a chance to meet a few of them might be worth exposure to the virus.

send the chick that lost the doughnut bet
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:11 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

Done!
Titz had first dibs, but he failed to make a manly, confident showing and therefore failed.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

Done!
Titz had first dibs, but he failed to make a manly, confident showing and therefore failed.

Ok so you're saying that if i dont cry while getting bit by a rabie infected coon i got a shot

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:15 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

Done!

Ok so you're saying that if i dont cry while getting bit by a rabie infected coon i got a shot

If you are bitten by a rabid animal, crying or no crying, you are gonna get some shots.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

Done!

If you are bitten by a rabid animal, crying or no crying, you are gonna get some shots.

lol I know that but what about a shot with hot nurse

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Botiz630 wrote:You can catch anything that walks, crawls or flys with peanut butter.

If you catch a skunk, here's a tip - they can't spray if they are upside down. So if (when) you catch one, sneak up to the trap, flip it upside down and grab him before he can right himself. It's as simple as that.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
For the record, regardless of what kind of trap, the skunk is going into his defensive mode as soon as the trap sets on him.
I'd live trap the coon in a live set cage and have a 50 gallon or bigger garbage can full of water next to the trap. I think you can add 2+2, so I won't continue with the rest of the statement. I would call your local animal control or F&W to check legalities before you do anything else.
I will say this, a long time ago, I had a pond with a mess of fish. There were visitors at night. They were coons. When the coon got in the trap, the first night's set, he became severely agitate. Apparently, he was able to shake the cage to the point he fell in the pond, while still in the live trap. There really wasn't much noise after that. Someone may have been standing very near the cage when it "slipped" in to the pond. Alledgedly. :eek:
Something to consider before live trapping with leg sets, Coons are the main predator that is known for chewing their own leg off to get away(I know everyone thinks coyotes), Thats why some guys use the drowning set on them.
If your neighborhood coon gets away, bleeding like a stuck pig across your neighbors lawn and in his attic, well, I'm sure you realize what your kids and neighbors will think then.
Oh, BTW, they stink like all get out when they start wizzing all over when they are p!$$ed.(yes, I mean the coon)
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby t_baker » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Through high school and 3 years after I worked at a school bus repair facility. You have no idea the havoc a coon can reek on a school bus in a night. They would dig between the seat cushions and walls and get all the candy wrappers and lick them clean. Sit on the back of the seat and chit on the floor. Ect.

I was the only person besides the owner that would trap them. We used a live trap and marshmallows. But use the little ones, they seemed to get full on the big ones that you set outside the trap and leave before going inside to get more. I kept a .22 revolver in my tool box and would take them out back in the trap and shoot them in the head with a .22 short. Which really that close to the ground and pointing down was really not loud at all. You may consider this. That is, if you dont want to bash it in the head and become a victim of rabies and meet the hot resident that L&L works with.
t_baker
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Fly bait and coke, they wont make it ten feet.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:26 am

THIS IS A QUESTION FOR THE TURTLE MAN!!! AYEEE YEEE YEEE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Live Action!!

:lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Leaky-NY » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:19 am

All you really need is a couple of little oriental women to move in the neighborhood. Then no stray cat, dog skunk, possum or raccoon will be safe :biggrin:

Leaky
If it aint ducks, Dogs or boats I cant talk now!
Leaky-NY
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:31 am

Leaky-NY wrote:All you really need is a couple of little oriental women to move in the neighborhood. Then no stray cat, dog skunk, possum or raccoon will be safe :biggrin:

Leaky

Don't start on the Asian Women :mad:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby youngoilguy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Live trap and Cbee .22 in the head. Even in the city it's quieter than a pellet gun. In Ohio it is 100% legal to trap and humanely kill nusance animals. Illegal to relocate them. Check odnr website. I use ol Roy bacon and cheddar soft dog food. Not the canned, kinda like nibbles in a box for $2 at Walmart. Works great. I get a bunch each year outside of my chicken coop.

Ps I can't spell nusance good enough for spell check to figure me out.
assateague wrote:I hunt to kill. It's why I take a gun instead of a camera. And it's a goose- lighten up.

best quote ever
youngoilguy
hunter

Postby assateague » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:59 am

You get him yet?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 pm

What's the status update, Ohio? Is the racoon still among the living? And did you cry during the process of attempting to kill him? I'm guessing there were tears and weeping.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Rough weekend at the house. So I wasnt home much but now that things are getting back to normal Im on the hunt. I got the trap and marshmallows. I will post pics and video Promise

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:36 am

Just an update. I got the trap set with marshmallows since Friday night with no coon. We did have some major flooding and he lives in the storm drain, maybe he washed away

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:07 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Just an update. I got the trap set with marshmallows since Friday night with no coon. We did have some major flooding and he lives in the storm drain, maybe he washed away

:no: You better do better than that ! We are counting on you :rolleyes:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:11 am

OGblackcloud wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Just an update. I got the trap set with marshmallows since Friday night with no coon. We did have some major flooding and he lives in the storm drain, maybe he washed away

Im really trying OG. can't let you and Magic Mike down :lol3:

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:18 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:

Done!

lol I know that but what about a shot with hot nurse

Sorry, I missed this comment. You'll have to do better than Botiz did -- he crashed and burned in fine style!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Locked&Loaded » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

I will continue to feel let down until I see a video of you going toe-to-toe in a battle to the death with that little ring tailed sumbitch. May the best man (or furry little creature) win.

You may be right ... with all the recent flooding there he may have been washed out to sea, or at least into another neighborhood where he can torment another.
Last edited by Locked&Loaded on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:27 am

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

I will continue to feel let down until I see a video of you going toe-to-toe in a battle to the death with that little ring tailed sumbitch. May the best man (or furry little creature) win.

You may be right ... will all the recent flooding there he may have been washed out to sea, or at least into another neighborhood where he can torment another.

I will keep trying. If i dont catch the furry little creature, I have no better shot with hot nurse than titz. and that makes me sad :sad:

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:33 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
OGblackcloud wrote:

You may be right ... will all the recent flooding there he may have been washed out to sea, or at least into another neighborhood where he can torment another.

I will keep trying. If i dont catch the furry little creature, I have no better shot with hot nurse than titz. and that makes me sad :sad:

You can always claim to be bitten by a coon....how'd she know the difference?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:52 am

I feel like my good name is being sullied here.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole